Vette guy checking out the Viper

yogibayer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just got back from picking up my lunch. When I returned to the parking lot I found a guy holding a toddler checking the Viper out. He said he owned a yellow Vette and that his son always calls his and other Vettes Vipers. I got a kick out of that :). He said it was finally his son's chance to actually see a Viper, but his son was asleep and he couldn't get him to wake to see it. :2tu:

rcdice

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure what your looking for here. I'm going to go ahead and make the leap that you're talking about a GEN I/II Viper. Awesome, Awesome, Awesome body styling. Then again, I'm not biased or anything!

Cars are getting so fast and so much power these days. You can make ANY car fast. But, if you really believe the old saying "there's no replacement for displacement", the Viper rules. My plate reads 8 LTR V10. Go TT and you are at 1,000+ hp.

The "kids" of today love the Viper. I say kids because, young adults (18-25 yr. olds), grew up with the Viper being "the car." The Vette is an Icon, but the Viper is a RARE Icon.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The problem I have with vettes is that it seems that most people assume that all vettes are Z06's. I've only seen two in my life, 1 kicked my ass in my Stealth TT (500hp) and 1 at the World of Wheels car show that stated "1 of 14 in Canada". The normal vette is breakfast for my Stealth and not worth the effort of racing with my Viper. The normal vette and the Viper don't belong in the same conversation. The skinny tires on vette's give them away.

Ted

Need1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I remember pulling into a parking lot, got out of the car, and this guy was walking with his son, probably around age 7 or 8 and says "Look, theres a Viper! That's faster than a Corvette!" and the kid got all excited. It's fun to see and hear peoples reactions.

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just a couple of days ago while I was circling around in a parking lot to go back to a parking spot I'd seen, I noticed 4-5 people in front of a restaurant 75yds away who had evidently been watching in ernest. When I got out of the car, they yelled, " Hey, what kind of car is that?"

I replied.."It's a Dodge...just a Dodge"

Batboy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just a couple of days ago while I was circling around in a parking lot to go back to a parking spot I'd seen, I noticed 4-5 people in front of a restaurant 75yds away who had evidently been watching in ernest. When I got out of the car, they yelled, " Hey, what kind of car is that?"

I replied.."It's a Dodge...just a Dodge"

That's what my friend with an old 308 says all the time. Usually after I remind him how much faster (and valuable) my car is than his.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang