Vette Viper Shootout THIS SUNDAY................................

Tom Welch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello All,

There is a annual Corvette/Viper Shootout this coming Sunday at Bradenton.

Several of us attended last years event. There were lots of Vettes to pick on including TT's and LPE Strokers.

The event costs $ 150.00 entry and all proceeds go to charity. BTR Performance has no partnership with this event, but we will be in attendance along with a few of our customers including Lee Saunders and his 9 second Viper.

Last year Vipers took top honors in the Unlimited class, and won other classes as well. (Unlimited class had Vipers finishing 1,2,3......Myself 9.77, Lee Saunders 9.83, and H>>M>>S>> 9.84)

We look forward to seeing you there.

For more information, see Breathless performance website online.

Thanks

Tom

CHAD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good to hear you are going. See you there, Tom.

Chad

PS: Did you run that 149 mph trap speed with 3.33 gears?!? Even with tire growth, that has to be 63-6400 rpm!

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tom go whip on those Vettes for us lol. Glad to see Vipers took top 3 honors last year :)

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
all proceeds go to charity.

I wouldn't count on it Tom. In the past I told them I could bring 20 Vipers if they would publish the numbers but they gave me the blow off and said they were thinking about not even inviting the Vipers anymore.

80 cars X $150 = $12,000. Just wondering why they are so secret about how much is going to charity.

Larry Macedo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tom, Chad and Chuck,

Have fun punishing the Vette's in Brdenton, guys. We decided to play with Vette's @ OSP on Sunday and pocketing the $130.

MaxedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i heard about this before. Cant you just make the check out to charity if it's 'all proceeds' going to charity???

OP
OP
T

Tom Welch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Max,

I had the same problem with this gig last year.....they would not let me make my check out to the charity.

Bottom line: the look on their faces when we laid down 9 second times when their best cars were running 11's, was worth the price of admission alone.

Tom

P.S. may be switching venues to the OSW race......Macedo, Paging Macedo....call Jedi Hotline!

CHAD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, and take Lee with you so I have a fighting chance of laying down the best number :D

Chad

MaxedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Max,

I had the same problem with this gig last year.....they would not let me make my check out to the charity.

Bottom line: the look on their faces when we laid down 9 second times when their best cars were running 11's, was worth the price of admission alone.

Tom

P.S. may be switching venues to the OSW race......Macedo, Paging Macedo....call Jedi Hotline!
Too Funny!

Mike 99ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Went and watched today. They had maybe 75 Vettes show up and only 10 at the most raced the rest watched.
The fastest street legal Vette there was someone from Georgia and he ran a 9.94. That was the only one under 10.

The announcer kept saying I don't what happened to the Vipers and why none showed up. So I thought I would go up and tell him. I told him very nice that they all went to Orlando for test and tune to get ready for V10 nationals in a week or so. His response was they were to affraid of the Vettes and he was serious. I told him yea right thats why Vipers took 1rst 2nd and 3rd last year. He got mad and said that was yesterday it won't happen today. I told him a month or so we all ran on his track and there were at least 8 Vipers in the 9's and so far they did not have 1 Vette bustin 10 so how you figure. He started saying something and I just laughed and walked out. :D

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Went and watched today. They had maybe 75 Vettes show up and only 10 at the most raced the rest watched.
The fastest street legal Vette there was someone from Georgia and he ran a 9.94. That was the only one under 10.

The announcer kept saying I don't what happened to the Vipers and why none showed up. So I thought I would go up and tell him. I told him very nice that they all went to Orlando for test and tune to get ready for V10 nationals in a week or so. His response was they were to affraid of the Vettes and he was serious. I told him yea right thats why Vipers took 1rst 2nd and 3rd last year. He got mad and said that was yesterday it won't happen today. I told him a month or so we all ran on his track and there were at least 8 Vipers in the 9's and so far they did not have 1 Vette bustin 10 so how you figure. He started saying something and I just laughed and walked out. :D

That old dude in the tower is a bit of a ****. I went up there to talk to him about my race(he screwed up who won and who lost due to alsheimers :eek: ), did not care much for his attitude toward us.

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You should not feel as if he has an attuide towards you..... The people he works with call him an "old Basterd". The funniest commit I have heard is what the track manager says about him .... I can not say on this board because this board does not allow R to X rated comments.

Cudaman :usa:

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was the dullest drag racing event I have ever been to in my life.

You must be registered for see images

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You should not feel as if he has an attuide towards you..... The people he works with call him an "old Basterd". The funniest commit I have heard is what the track manager says about him .... I can not say on this board because this board does not allow R to X rated comments.

Say it lol. :headbang:

fuelman

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Tom how did you run today? Lee, Fuelman, etc. ?

Mike,

I have had better days, I was trying out the new slick and skinny set-up, hoping for a solid mid 10 second pass, left the line pretty hard, but the car kept trying to go into the wall, especially after each shift. I lifted off in third gear and rolled through the traps with an 11.2 at 123 mph, but I beat the nitrous Mustang anyway. I thought maybe I was not used to the skinnies, so I tired again this time I took a hard left into the wall at the top of 2nd gear. I knew something was wrong, Lee Saunders was there so I got him to drive it and tell me if the front end should be that loose. He came back, we jacked up the car and found that the Posi Unit was fried. On my second pass I let off at the top of 2nd gear and still ran a 13.48. I should be all set for some Mid 10 passes in BG. Thanks for holding the Viper flag at Bradenton, maybe we should put toghter are own Viper Vette shootout and see how many of them come.

Mike 99ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tom how did you run today? Lee, Fuelman, etc. ?

Mike,

I have had better days, I was trying out the new slick and skinny set-up, hoping for a solid mid 10 second pass, left the line pretty hard, but the car kept trying to go into the wall, especially after each shift. I lifted off in third gear and rolled through the traps with an 11.2 at 123 mph, but I beat the nitrous Mustang anyway. I thought maybe I was not used to the skinnies, so I tired again this time I took a hard left into the wall at the top of 2nd gear. I knew something was wrong, Lee Saunders was there so I got him to drive it and tell me if the front end should be that loose. He came back, we jacked up the car and found that the Posi Unit was fried. On my second pass I let off at the top of 2nd gear and still ran a 13.48. I should be all set for some Mid 10 passes in BG. Thanks for holding the Viper flag at Bradenton, maybe we should put toghter are own Viper Vette shootout and see how many of them come.

Wow I'm sure that was a good scare. I wondered same thing on mine first time on skinnies had Lee test and and it was ok. How did Tom and Lee do?

As for the old man annoucing in Bradenton next time I might shove his microphone up his ass.

We should organize Viper/Vette shootout both teams enter 20 street legal cars the team with the most, fastest cars particpating wins large trophy that says Vipers Dominate Corvettes - Champions of 2004 Viper/Vette Shootout or vice-versa if their dream comes true.