Video: Viper Parade Laps

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can't imagine what it must have been like for the competition drivers at racing speeds. That was one rough and limited visability track.

The members at the Dodge tent were waving and cheering like crazy as Viper after Viper growled past.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
When I did Parade laps I made as much noise as I could. Thank God for Corsa track pipes and no Cats.

Ted

Jeff Monheim

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That track looks very unforgiving! :omg: Walls all the way around! :omg: No run-off at all! :omg: Loose it on that track and your done! :crazy2: WOW!
Thanks for the Video! :drive::drive::drive:

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
There was quite a few yellow flags during the races. Looked like some broke because the track was rough.

Ted

Blue Pilot

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sorry but that video looks like as much fun as sitting around watching milk curdle. There looked to be about 5 people in the stands as you went by, at a speed my son's electric scooter would exceed going uphill on a windy day.

:rolleyes:

Tim

00 GTS
96 Indyram

Daily driver: Airbus 320 @ 520 mph

OP
OP
V

Viperless

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry but that video looks like as much fun as sitting around watching milk curdle. There looked to be about 5 people in the stands as you went by, at a speed my son's electric scooter would exceed going uphill on a windy day.

Tim

00 GTS
96 Indyram

I'm guessing you would have had a different perspective had you been there. They were parade laps, not hot laps. It was very early in the morning well before the IRL race. The main audience was in the Viper chalet. ;)

triplexotica

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Two of those 5 people in the stands was my wife and son.

You can see my wife's round head as you go by. lol

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
At least you guys got to go around more than once. On Saturday we went around one time at like 20mph. It sucked.

I thought it was a waste of time. Who were we parading for anyway? That's what happens when Chevy runs the show... If it were Dodge as the main sponsor we would have paraded right before the IRL race.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From the Dodge tent things looked different.

The cars had a chance to space themselves, had a pretty mild first lap, then things speeded up considerably on the second lap.

Looked like people were having fun.

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Tim

00 GTS
96 Indyram

Well said, but you 320 and 737 (junk jet)drivers really clog the airways. Pick up the mach please. I am a Southwest kind of guy and fly my 757/767 at never less than .82 with a 335 ias climb and descent. Love getting pax early and not on time or late. The Northwest and Cactus guys are really slow.

Blue Pilot

Viper Owner
Reaction score
uh.................last time I checked Southwest kind of guys only have 737's.............???

Well said, but you 320 and 737 (junk jet)drivers really clog the airways. Pick up the mach please. I am a Southwest kind of guy and fly my 757/767 at never less than .82 with a 335 ias climb and descent. Love getting pax early and not on time or late. The Northwest and Cactus guys are really slow.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21