view from a different vantage point

purplesnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am posting this for fun and conversation. I currently own my second viper and bought my first in 2007. I live in Indy, and almost never see another viper on the road, and obvioulsy never get to see my own, traveling down the road. Yesterday a real estate partner and I were on the road after going to check on one of our properties, when we were passed (rather quickly) by a gen 4 black vert. My partner, (not a car guy), asked "what the hell was that!", and I responded with "its a viper". Now the top was up, (it's cold here), and I don't know who the owner was, but I just sat there thinking, that is the most beautiful car on the road, and I never get to see one from this vantage point! Anyway, I thought I would share, (I know I am prejudiced!):D

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
sounds narcisstic:nono:
I am posting this for fun and conversation. I currently own my second viper and bought my first in 2007. I live in Indy, and almost never see another viper on the road, and obvioulsy never get to see my own, traveling down the road. Yesterday a real estate partner and I were on the road after going to check on one of our properties, when we were passed (rather quickly) by a gen 4 black vert. My partner, (not a car guy), asked "what the hell was that!", and I responded with "its a viper". Now the top was up, (it's cold here), and I don't know who the owner was, but I just sat there thinking, that is the most beautiful car on the road, and I never get to see one from this vantage point! Anyway, I thought I would share, (I know I am prejudiced!):D

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've only seen a handful out in the wild over the years and only twice have I seen one on the road while I was driving mine. Both times were awesome.

OP
OP
P

purplesnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Because I thought the view from the outside, going down the road, of the cars we all seem to love, was beautiful. That makes me narcissistic? BTW, that is the correct spelling. Sorry if offended anyone.

OP
OP
P

purplesnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Because I thought the view from the outside, going down the road, of the cars we all seem to love, was beautiful. That makes me narcissistic? BTW, that is the correct spelling. Sorry if offended anyone.

Hey Stretch, the parade of 30+ vipers on the way to the Indianapolis Motor Speedway was quite a sight too!

denniskgb

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I am not offended. I am with you on that one. What the hell we live, breath and love those cars that is why we own them, blog about them and etc. To see one on the road once in a blue moon is like hitting a lottery. They do look absolutely stunning.
How is my spelling? i am russian so forgive me. Just kidding:omg:

OP
OP
P

purplesnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am not offended. I am with you on that one. What the hell we live, breath and love those cars that is why we own them, blog about them and etc. To see one on the road once in a blue moon is like hitting a lottery. They do look absolutely stunning.
How is my spelling? i am russian so forgive me. Just kidding:omg:

Nicely played. That was the point I was trying to make! If I seem sensitive, twice this month, on this forum, I was mocked, and both times the negative posts had spelling issues, which I found ironic.:rolleyes:

denniskgb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nicely played. That was the point I was trying to make! If I seem sensitive, twice this month, on this forum, I was mocked, and both times the negative posts had spelling issues, which I found ironic.:rolleyes:

Oh do not let it get to you. Just think how lucky you to own a viper. For you its a reality for the most its a dream.:2tu:

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I totally get it purple, for some reason I rarely get to see another snake on the road and like Stretch, I'm usually not in the viper when it happens. I still get excited when I see one. :D

cowger

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I agree! These are rare cars and I see another one on the road *maybe* once a year. Definitely a thrill each time...

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Being fortunate enough to live in an area where I get to see other Vipers from 3 or 4 different states, cruising with them and seeing each other's cars out on the road is the best way to appreciate them.

SNIPERDOG

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The very few times that I see one.,. I think the same thing.,,. what a beautiful car!!!!

VIPER PIT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I still am taken back when I see one. Especially from the rear with that low wide stance and wide tires that can squash a armadillo in one pass!

Sainthitch

Viper Owner
Reaction score
hell, I see another one almost every day in the summer. the day I brought mine home, a neighbor down the street also brought one home!!! so now we have my red and his silver on the street....go figure!

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OP, you must not get out enough with your local club. Our group is always doing something and we usually have a bunch of cars that we can all look at while driving our own. :)

webby

Viper Owner
Reaction score
purplesnake,

it's even better seeing your own car from the outside. I swapped cars with a red Viper here in Chicago and we drove down Lake Shore just admiring how our own cars looked! Made me really glad I chose silver :D I recommend doing the same!

(I volunteer!)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang