Viper 2012 ?

Schulmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is everywhere since the meeting in Orlando ... :)

viper15.jpg

Jeff Lemke

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All this excitment about the New Viper has me going crazy to see what they came up with. People who know me here know that I LOVE car design and Ralph is my Hero. Hands down my all time favorite car designer. I think he's a genious and I'm going nuts waiting to see what he has in store for us for the next Viper.

That being said, I'm about to release my own mid-engine supercar in a few short months. It's been a dream of mine to do such a thing and I'm quite proud of it. The car design is inspired from every sports car I've ever loved which includes Corvettes, Ferrari's, Ford GT and of course the VIPER. I've never shown it to the public but because everyone here is clamoring to see the new Viper I decided I would show my most Viper inspired section of my new car, which is the front fascia (sorry, the rest of the car can be shown in January ;) ).

Anyhow, I hope this teaser play's with your imagination. I'm as excited to see the new car as anyone even tho I'm still hard at work on finishing mine. Enjoy.

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You guys are full of it. At least a clay production exists if something was "rolled out" at a recent meeting. The above pic is a bad photoshop at best.

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That just cant be it.:mad: No way shape or form. That doesnt even look like a Viper. Maybe this is the v8 entry level car that will share the Vipers chassis? I seriously hope so or that this just to throw off speculation or have fun at our expense.

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All this excitment about the New Viper has me going crazy to see what they came up with. People who know me here know that I LOVE car design and Ralph is my Hero. Hands down my all time favorite car designer. I think he's a genious and I'm going nuts waiting to see what he has in store for us for the next Viper.

That being said, I'm about to release my own mid-engine supercar in a few short months. It's been a dream of mine to do such a thing and I'm quite proud of it. The car design is inspired from every sports car I've ever loved which includes Corvettes, Ferrari's, Ford GT and of course the VIPER. I've never shown it to the public but because everyone here is clamoring to see the new Viper I decided I would show my most Viper inspired section of my new car, which is the front fascia (sorry, the rest of the car can be shown in January ;) ).

Anyhow, I hope this teaser play's with your imagination. I'm as excited to see the new car as anyone even tho I'm still hard at work on finishing mine. Enjoy.

Looks very predatory. Cant wait to see the full reveal. It actually reminds me of the Mitsu Lancer/EVO quite a bit.
You must be registered for see images

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
None of the above are the car. C'mon guys. Do you really think that Chrysler would allow any photo of the car to appear on the net? NO. Thinking otherwise is an ********** exercise.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
there is no way bill pemberton was NOT there. i wanna hear from willie da P. i trust bill's opinion and i bet he can tell us what it looks like.

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
there is no way bill pemberton was NOT there. i wanna hear from willie da P. i trust bill's opinion and i bet he can tell us what it looks like.

I don't think anyone who attended could tell you anything. I am sure they all signed an affidavit. And I am sure Bill P and anyone else in attendance would like to continue to have a relationship with Dodge. So until we see some spy photo's, let's all chillax.

We should all be grateful there is a Viper at all, that we now have factory support, our own race series, that Fiat/Ferrari is involved now instead of Daimler or being in limbo, and that even the current Viper is the fastest production car on the planet! All this bodes well for the Viper Nation. Good times...

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Someone who was definately there told me that the front was "Ferrari-ish" but the car was definately "a Viper" at first glance and he did not think it was 'radical' restyling. He said it looked smaller than the current Viper. They weren't allowed to see the rear end of the car.

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Someone who was definately there told me that the front was "Ferrari-ish" but the car was definately "a Viper" at first glance and he did not think it was 'radical' restyling. He said it looked smaller than the current Viper. They weren't allowed to see the rear end of the car.

Oh no. Ferrari-ish and smaller than the Viper :(. That means it will be built on the smaller Alfa 8C coupe stock chassis then and unless they lenghten and widen the chassis to fit the Vipers signature slitherprints it wont have the typical Viper presence. I think Gilles will make sure it has enough Viperness to legitimately call it a Viper.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe that they are going to use the same steel frame tweaked, if necessary, for any applicable new impact regulations, if any, that might apply.

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
why doesnt anybody think they would use a ferrari base with american looks and drivetrain.. too much money?

CCBrian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well say what you want but if they want to use a Ferrari F430 front suspension let them...best dam driving production car for driver feedback period. And yes I do own a F430 and a 2008 ACR.

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
it would be cool to have the frame and suspension ferrari- and a american body and motor----

OP
OP
S

Schulmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't fit in any of the Ferraris ... So hopefullyn it is bigger.
I also hope it will be bigger than a Miata ...

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It seems like the 8c chassis is going to be the foundation for the next Viper. There goes any chance of tall guys fitting. I really hope the enlargen it though I'm worried because the 8c is heavy even though it's smaller than the current viper.

Check out this link and the comment at the bottom. Interesting comment but have no source to back up what he is saying.

2012 Dodge Viper can double as an Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione - Top Speed