Viper ACR concept shown at SEMA

ArnarFB

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've reached an agreement with Dodge to send me all their Vipers and Hellcats they can't sell, free of charge. I'll take good care of them.

steve e

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can the guy in the picture get any fatter.:omg: The car looks great.

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can the guy in the picture get any fatter.:omg: The car looks great.

You saw a fat guy in that picture? lol. Very happy to see this. CCB's, 19's all around, gutted interior still nicely appointed, and the monster downforce is going to be killer on the Ring. I'm guessing at least 675hp. Cant wait for the specs at SEMA hopefully.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The car is clearly a track dedicated non street legal variant in its SEMA configuration. Note the following:

1. New side air bags. I see them at the 33rd second of the video at the link above.
2. Additional heat extractor vents at the top of each front quarter panel.
3. Larger, carbon ceramic brakes and Hoosier tires.
4. What appears to be a somewhat bigger bump in the hood toward the back. ( May indicate a positive displacement supercharger is present or just be for better engine cooling and aero or both. But I do not see any intercooler in the front so probably just for cooling and aero.)
5. What appears to be a slightly different air intake. Perhaps a better insulated airbox to maintain cooler air inlet temperatures.
6. Very low ride height with no removable center piece on the front splitter. Clearly not street legal and tires are not safe for street use.
7. Less creature and nanny tech.
8. Probably all or most sound insulation stripped out. There is none in the trunk.

The car is mean beautiful and will make many dedicated track rats very happy.

Last edited:

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Note that it is still a six speed manual.

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it would be called ACR-X if it weren't street legal. I predict this will be street legal. But not as low, not with Hoosiers. Hope so anyway as my 15k certificate is burning a hole in my pocket. :)

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is bad....
Seriously bad
Check book out
Sorry want the whole package not the striped down version. Need AC in Arizona :drive:
Color combinations
Hesitated on the Styker Red hoping for this....got my wish.

agdetail

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW even carbon ceramic brakes. if they shove that supercharger they been hiding i think i might stop driving my gen 3 and take a look at the new acr.

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sweet car, it still doesn't help the 400 still sitting in showrooms.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cars.com shows 378 but that may not be an up to date number since I doubt that Dealers are that efficient at updating their Internet ads.

bluestreak

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The car is clearly a track dedicated non street legal variant in its SEMA configuration. Note the following:

1. New side air bags. I see them at the 33rd second of the video at the link above.
2. Additional heat extractor vents at the top of each front quarter panel.
3. Larger, carbon ceramic brakes and Hoosier tires.
4. What appears to be a somewhat bigger bump in the hood toward the back. ( May indicate a positive displacement supercharger is present or just be for better engine cooling and aero or both. But I do not see any intercooler in the front so probably just for cooling and aero.)
5. What appears to be a slightly different air intake. Perhaps a better insulated airbox to maintain cooler air inlet temperatures.
6. Very low ride height with no removable center piece on the front splitter. Clearly not street legal and tires are not safe for street use.
7. Less creature and nanny tech.
8. Probably all or most sound insulation stripped out. There is none in the trunk.

The car is mean beautiful and will make many dedicated track rats very happy.

Why would they put alcantera, CF trim, airbags, ac and all the creature comforts in car not intended to be street legal.

It's SEMA, they want it to look fierce, mission accomplished. This will be a street legal car when all is said and done. If it wasn't intended to be, they sure wouldn't bother making the interior look so nice.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You missed the part of my post that said in the "SEMA confiugration". The SEMA car shows the possibility. The production car will look similar but it will have to have a slightly different front splitter, be higher off the ground, and probably a few other changes to make it street legal in all states.

Why would they put alcantera, CF trim, airbags, ac and all the creature comforts in car not intended to be street legal.

It's SEMA, they want it to look fierce, mission accomplished. This will be a street legal car when all is said and done. If it wasn't intended to be, they sure wouldn't bother making the interior look so nice.