Viper ACR Sets World Record at Nürburgring - NEW VIDEO

Kai SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How are they measuring downforce? Is it simply a calculated figure based upon speed and wind-tunnel derived numbers, or is it actually measured downforce?

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I want to know what kind of camera mount they used. That thing was rock solid. Obviously, there is no roll bar, so should be something us regular Joe's could utilize. Please advise!

Reaction score
Don't know for sure but most of the time this can be measured with a motion rod and they calculate the force by ride height movement.

How are they measuring down force? Is it simply a calculated figure based upon speed and wind-tunnel derived numbers, or is it actually measured downforce?

T

toofast

I want to know what kind of camera mount they used. That thing was rock solid. Obviously, there is no roll bar, so should be something us regular Joe's could utilize. Please advise!

2nd that request, would love to know how they mounted their camera.

George Murray

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sat through an OUTSTANDING presentation on the new ACR at VOI. Given by one of the extremely talented SRT guys who went to the 'ring.

He said the car was faster around the course without using 5th gear. That's why you see lots of rev limiter/fuel shutoff action.

The presenter at VOI was the same man who wrote the ACR article in the recent VIPER magazine. Don't have the issue handy. But, outstanding presentation - outstanding talent!

Hats off to you folks at SRT. Wonderful product. Your enthusiasm is contagious. It was a privilege to meet you all and I enjoyed the tours and talks immensely.

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Want to see it from a different point of view? Click the picture below to check it out (or right click to "Save File As") and then hang on!

Thanks again to the awesome folks at SRT for allowing us to play a small part in this historic event, as well as Brian Paddock at Paddock Productions for all the great video editing!

SkyBob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't know for sure but most of the time this can be measured with a motion rod and they calculate the force by ride height movement.

Since this thread got resurrected today I read through all the posts again. This post above interests me. I am curious as to how they measured force also.

If the force is calculated by ride height movement wouldn't the reading in the video be bouncing all over the place with every bump the car hits?

Or is Nurburgring very smooth? I've never been there.

Bob

j-rho

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since this thread got resurrected today I read through all the posts again. This post above interests me. I am curious as to how they measured force also.

If the force is calculated by ride height movement wouldn't the reading in the video be bouncing all over the place with every bump the car hits?

Or is Nurburgring very smooth? I've never been there.

Bob
I would bet just about anything they simply used a speed vs. downforce formula derived from 150mph=1000lbs. and based the graph on speed.

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would bet just about anything they simply used a speed vs. downforce formula derived from 150mph=1000lbs. and based the graph on speed.

Could be, but it is also pretty easy to hook strain gauges up to the suspension and filter and smooth out the noise to get good numbers. The same kind of filtering on the lateral acceleration would need to happen since there are all kinds of spikes in the data as you hit bumps, etc.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang