Viper Books

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
So now that I'm retired I'm working on a series of books. No timeline as of yet, however, the 1of1 Special Paint Vipers will be interesting to document. The data pages will show "Special Paint" or "Factory Custom" for these. For those that would like to see the real color of their 1of1 Viper shown, email me the last 8 of the VIN and the real color name to [email protected], at time of printing, I will just use what I have so no worries

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Congrats on your retirement !!!

Now you can do whatever you want when you want...or not !

Good luck on your book projects...lots of work, but much more satisfaction.

OP
OP
V

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
Understand, the retirement is from internet related stuff, 9-5 still owe my soul to the company store

I understand the no interest, enjoy them rides

Vj

OP
OP
V

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
Small update on what is going on with these books. I have the first one complete and it was done for a friend and is not part of the basic series. It's a book that covers the Stryker Green (All Years). These are not story books, they are data books. These books were always part of what I wanted to do, print what I have and let those that want to, continue any work going forward that I was not able to complete. Getting the data is a challenge and anyone that has started their own Registry has also learned that. These books will list all 31,956 Viper VIN's and Equipment Lists in my database, however these books will contain no personal data that may have been collected during the years I worked on my own Registry. The most common build number questions answered for years I was able to obtain all the MDH's (Month/Day/Hour). These books are not for everyone, in fact are probably for very few. I make occasional updates of my progress through blog posts on the Registry Blog – Viper Truck Registry / Viper Registry Books

The Books will not be done in year order, I've been working on them based on interest and in time will eventually have them all done. Currently working on the RAM SRT-10 (aka Viper Truck) Yellow Fevers based on another friends request.

This is not a sales post, this is purely informational and if it needs to be deleted, I also understand.

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
I think this is a really cool idea. I suppose the info is already on the website, but it would be really neat to have a line of books on a shelf with all that data too. Definitely something interesting for the diehard collector.

OP
OP
V

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
Very little of the data in thee books are on the websites. Detailed production info where I can and the equipment list included with every VIN, no personal data.

You must be registered for see images
You must be registered for see images

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Ah, even better then from a collector's standpoint.

Atlanta Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations on retirement! It would be interesting to see how many Convertibles ended up with factory stripes over the years. I just bought an "06 red convertible with black factory stripes. I believe they were not offered at all on convertibles some years and an expensive upcharge in others.

OP
OP
V

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
From the IVR
You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
V

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
Got a question for all the Viper Experts. As some know I'm working on some books, while doing that I found the following entry on the Equipment List of a 1992 Viper

St. Louis Lt. Almond Two Tone Promo

Why does that sound like a change for the interior color. Anyone heard of this being used?

OP
OP
V

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
Small update, currently pending some questions revolving around the issuing of an ISBN. As soon as I get that answered I can finish the first few standard pages of each book

Hotrod Sway

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looking forward to the Stryker Green book, in particular mine of course and how the special build was addressed. Thank you for your hard work!! This is really awesome.

OP
OP
V

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
@Hotrod Sway Keep in mind, these are data books, there is no story. This information is slowly disappearing off the web and in time there is the real possibility that the details that are known will be replaced with what people have heard. I see a bit of this with information that was posted on social media and other outlets. You look at what I show and what is shown on (ie theViperStore) and it's hard to believe we a documenting the same car. Even at that, I have a disclaimer as documentation from any source may have some flaws.

So I hope this is what your thinking when you want to see how it's addressed

You must be registered for see images attach

Hotrod Sway

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess I'm wondering if mine will show as a 1 of 1 build or not. It is but at first glance of the build sheet it isn't apparent. My build sheet has 2 hoods because it was a special build.

OP
OP
V

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
There's not much of a chance it will show as 1of1. That would require including interior, stripes and wheels at a minimum. Even though I can run queries and get that breakout, adding that would take a great deal of time and I don't see where that would add any additional value. The bases for that assessment is just how few people ask for that detailed breakout (2009 to current, maybe 30-40 requests).

Hotrod Sway

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got it. I kind of assumed it wouldn't but was still hoping a little. I have my emails from the SRT production team confirming it when people try to tell me it's not a one-of-one. Lol. The GT model was not standard with the 6 vent hood. SRT production team said mine was the only one they machined to fit the 6 vent rather than the standard 2 vent.