viper car art

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
went to a show today and a guy spent all day painting an RT, some of it was done using remote control cars with paint on the wheels, pretty cool :cool:

You must be registered for see images

ZO6KLR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
As an artist, I think it is a fair price. 4k for an original is not bad. It is all about exclusivity and perceived value. Once he sells it, it is gone. Now, if he sold a limited edition print of the original (like I do), he retains his original and everyone gets what they want at a more reasonable price.

I was offered 4,500 for an original that I produced about eight years ago. I declined the offer (my wife thought I was nuts, maybe I was/am) as I do not sell my originals. But now that I have the original, I can sell 150 limited edition artist's proofs, signed and numbered, for 100 bucks each. You can do the math and I still retain the original. It is about creating something from the heart with passion and sharing it with like-minded individuals.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As an artist, I think it is a fair price. 4k for an original is not bad. It is all about exclusivity and perceived value. Once he sells it, it is gone. Now, if he sold a limited edition print of the original (like I do), he retains his original and everyone gets what they want at a more reasonable price.

I was offered 4,500 for an original that I produced about eight years ago. I declined the offer (my wife thought I was nuts, maybe I was/am) as I do not sell my originals. But now that I have the original, I can sell 150 limited edition artist's proofs, signed and numbered, for 100 bucks each. You can do the math and I still retain the original. It is about creating something from the heart with passion and sharing it with like-minded individuals.

Is that your primary profession or somewhat of a side job (for lack of a better term)?

ZO6KLR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Is that your primary profession or somewhat of a side job (for lack of a better term)?

My main profession is airbrush illustration and automotive custom painting along with some large-format digital imaging and the the Viper art is more of a passion than an actual profession. In order to do the Viper photo-realism for a living, I need to have anywhere from 40 to 50 originals under my belt to sustain a comfortable living. As of now, I do commission work on canvas until I can make time for my originals. The original paintings I create usually take anywhere from 120 to 500 hours or so to create (depending on detail) so it is very difficult to be creative after working eleven hours at my "real" job. Does that make any kind of sense?

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The original paintings I create usually take anywhere from 120 to 500 hours or so to create (depending on detail) so it is very difficult to be creative after working eleven hours at my "real" job. Does that make any kind of sense?

Yes it does and I can relate. Believe it or not I was a natural talent in my youth. I've always thought about getting back into it but as you know it takes so much dedication I really don't have the time.