Viper Christmas tree ornaments..... pic

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm glad you guys like them.
We do too.
Regarding costs for the tree ornament size, they're not much.
Between the stainless steel and machine time, they're probably costing me about $7 each.
I haven't made a larger one yet, but it's the same process. I'll have to make one and see what kind of time it takes.
I've made nine so far and have the Fangs ornament figured out.
Here's the rub, I've already been contacted by the copyright police about licensing.
Apparently, it's about $50K a year to have the right to copy the logo.
I'm not copying it 100% as you can't and have all the material touching after the cut out is made, if that matters.
Anyone have a creative idea on how we can make these and get them out to anyone who wants them this season without getting in trouble?
If we're going to make many (200), I'd like to make them all at once. By the time material is ordered and the parts are cut out and cleaned, it will take about three weeks from today (Dec 12).
Let me know what you guys think.
Regards,
Sean

You must be registered for see images
Does the copyright licensing still apply if you were giving them away. Then we could all just donate money to cover your time and material or give you a monetary christmas gift in return? ;) :dunno:

These sure would make a nice replacement for that Hallmark Corvette ornament I hang on my tree every year. :2tu:

Dave Moore

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I'm glad you guys like them.
We do too.
Regarding costs for the tree ornament size, they're not much.
Between the stainless steel and machine time, they're probably costing me about $7 each.
I haven't made a larger one yet, but it's the same process. I'll have to make one and see what kind of time it takes.
I've made nine so far and have the Fangs ornament figured out.
Here's the rub, I've already been contacted by the copyright police about licensing.
Apparently, it's about $50K a year to have the right to copy the logo.
I'm not copying it 100% as you can't and have all the material touching after the cut out is made, if that matters.
Anyone have a creative idea on how we can make these and get them out to anyone who wants them this season without getting in trouble?
If we're going to make many (200), I'd like to make them all at once. By the time material is ordered and the parts are cut out and cleaned, it will take about three weeks from today (Dec 12).
Let me know what you guys think.
Regards,
Sean

You must be registered for see images

Check with the local club...we use the logos all the time

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sean, what if you put a (c) copyright logo on the back would they be happy then? Not too big of a trouble, makes the copyright guys happy and it wouldn't cost all that much extra to stamp that in no?
For $7 count me in for one confirmed order on a Sneaky Pete for the tree!

OP
OP
S

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
If necessary, I'll give them away as gifts for free and only charge S&H.
Handling can get a little pricey though, say maybe $7.50 per piece.
Takes a lot of time to wrap them.
I'll get the material ordered.
Regards,
Sean

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If necessary, I'll give them away as gifts for free and only charge S&H.
Handling can get a little pricey though, say maybe $7.50 per piece.
Takes a lot of time to wrap them.
I'll get the material ordered.
Regards,
Sean
Yes, they are heavy little suckers. :lmao:

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They look a very HEAVY and expensive to ship........
Butwell worth it stick me down for x2 sneaky please Sean

CAIN MKII

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One pete, one fang for me. Express shipping cost are so expensive nowaday, even for free but very heavy items. lol

GTSDave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you are giving them away, then it's Definitely worth the postage, packing and handling charges...
Put me down for 2 Sneakys and two fangs... :2tu:

Also interested in a large one for the garage wall, so keep us posted on these... ;)

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sean, if its too much trouble to ship to any of the overseas gang, just send me theirs and I'll ship to them. As usual, Baz's will arrive damaged because he got rid of a red Viper for a yellow one. Dave's stuff will arrive in perfect condition.

GTSDave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sean, if its too much trouble to ship to any of the overseas gang, just send me theirs and I'll ship to them. As usual, Baz's will arrive damaged because he got rid of a red Viper for a yellow one. Dave's stuff will arrive in perfect condition.

:D Thanks Chad :2tu:

tmish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think they're cool and I'd love to purchase a fangs in the christmas tree size and a larger one for the wall when available. Let me know the amount for either or both and I'll paypal or send payment however you prefer.
Thanks!

2002snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
FINALLY HOME AND PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN !!!
WHEN READY E-MAIL ME A PAY-PAL LINK AND I'LL PAY INSTANTLY .CAN'T WAIT THEY ARE AWSOME .FREE WITH SHIPPING COST ... YOU GOTTA LOVE IT

trip_to_hell_004.jpg

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hopefully you can ship them APO here Chad, if so that would be awesome and would appreciate it very much. I just need the paypal link and I will be all set. :2tu: I will be hooking up our office tree. Thank you Sean in all of your effort with this. :usa: Happy Thanksgiving to all.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hopefully you can ship them APO here Chad, if so that would be awesome and would appreciate it very much. I just need the paypal link and I will be all set. :2tu: I will be hooking up our office tree. Thank you Sean in all of your effort with this. :usa: Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Sure! I'm more than happy to do it for anyone who Sean can't ship to. Non-red Viper owners should expect theirs sometime after New Years :rolaugh:

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sure! I'm more than happy to do it for anyone who Sean can't ship to. Non-red Viper owners should expect theirs sometime after New Years :rolaugh:
I will have someone at home quickly put a coat of red wash away paint on my viper, will that count? ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dsalameh