viper club

iowaviper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Why should I join the Viper Club? I would like to but Iowa has no club, what do I get for my $100.00 bucks , no magazine , viper shows are too expensive, I would love to come and watch and look at vipers, I don't race but like to watch so why do you have to pay so much for events? Nationals etc. some of us don't own companies that can write off their weekends, some of us really work for a living but don't make a whole hell of a lot. but I did take my 401 k and bought what I wanted a VIPER, any of you love something so much you would do that? So please make viper events affordable for all, not just the very rich. Thanks .

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey iowaviper.Why not start the iowa vca or a branch of the nearst vca.Use this and the other forums to say Hey!anyone in Iowa besides me want to form a club?O join the nearest club to you.No you won't make all the events but will sure enjoy every one that you can make.Lots of shows,cruising,etc,etc out there.Plan a cruis for the nearest club into Iowa.I wish I could make it to more events too but a lot of times I have to work on a weekend. You will enjoy and remember eery event you can get to. Bruce

NDW

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You ought to look into starting a club in your area of Iowa if there isn't a local club. There are bound to be other Viper owners in the state that you could hook up with.

The $100.00 membership fee has been debated many times on this site, I personally think that it is money well spent. Do a search to look at numerous threads to see the other opinions of club membership.

The reason that the events/races/etc.. cost the amount they do is because they are very expensive to put on.

I didn't have to touch retirement money to purchase my car, but the fact that you did tells me that you are passionate about the vehicle. Your enthusiasm for the car is shared by everyone on this site. Get involved with a local group of owners, and you will get a lot of enjoyment from the camraderie and from the events.

Good luck! :cool: :usa:

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just looked at a map to see where you are. Looks like you are fairly close to several clubs. Illinois isn't too far. Other possibilities would be Wisconsin or Minnesota in case an Iowa club doesn't exist or can't be started. I would make an effort though with regards to starting an Iowa club. I see other Iowan's posting from time to time here.

I am sure distance comes into play but here in Michigan we have members that live a 12 hour drive away from the "headquarters " city. You may find out half the fun in going to local events is the drive to and from them. Even being located in the same city doesn't guarantee close proximity. Most local events are an hour or more from my house.

Bob K

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You should be able to find one or two other Viper owners who live close enough to you to hang out with. There are any number of things you can do in a small group to enjoy your Viper.
On second thought..... I grew up in Iowa and there isn't much to do there!!

Bob K

SNKEBIT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There has to be enough viper-owners in your area to make some kind of club or get together. I'm in the VCA MN group and we have guys from Canada, base is in the twin cities. They can't come to all the get togethers but they make as many as they can. (usually major events) Any participation with any kind of group is a blast!!!!! You really have to try to hook up with others or a club as close as you can. As somebody allready said...... you'll remember the fun for a long, long time!!!!

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Iowa .. count me in to see about starting a local branch. If nothing else maybe we can start a local registry to schedule some events. I'm over in the Quad Cities and I estimate that we have about 10 or so Viper owners here. Hope you took the snake out last week when we had that 60 degree weather. I put on about 150 miles in the days just prior to the 8" of snow we got. Viper now in hibernation :(

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why should I join the Viper Club? I would like to but Iowa has no club, what do I get for my $100.00 bucks , no magazine , viper shows are too expensive, I would love to come and watch and look at vipers, I don't race but like to watch so why do you have to pay so much for events? Nationals etc. some of us don't own companies that can write off their weekends, some of us really work for a living but don't make a whole hell of a lot. but I did take my 401 k and bought what I wanted a VIPER, any of you love something so much you would do that? So please make viper events affordable for all, not just the very rich. Thanks .

To watch the Florida V-10 Nationals will cost for Saturday's event is $ 10.00 and Sundays event will be from $10.-$15 to WATCH...... how much cheaper can you get than that!!!!! :2tu:

Cudaman :usa:

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Let's get things goin! E-mail our National VP Rich H and he'll officially get things movin'!

We need a minimum amount (we like to see 50... but that's flexible) of interested Iowa owners, and voila!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine