Viper Cruise Control ??

viperprowler1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Does anyone (including DC) offer a quality cruise control kit that will work on a gen I and/or a gen II Viper? Hopefully, one that would look and operate much like a "factory installed" unit!

2tall

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hear that Snake Oyl makes one (check out the archived forums for a look see).

Looks kinda cheap though. Only option I know of.

Ron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS">I have installed the Snake Oyl unit and can say that it is a quality product. The directions are a bit lacking though a phone call to Snake Oyl clears up any ambiguities.

The unit installs easily and has a wireless control, so no firewall *********** is required. Holds speed very accurately and will cut out if the clutch or brake is depressed. The most difficult part is getting up the nerve to splice in the 6 wires you need to connect into you engine control harness.

I posted some pictures a while back, which you should be able to find if you do a search. Feel free to e-mail me if you need more.

Oh, one more thing. This is your only option. As far as I know, Snake Oyl is the only provider of Viper Cruise controls. </FONT f>

OP
OP
V

viperprowler1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ron,

Thanks! Found the post you referred to and it is very helpful! Certainly something to consider for peace of mind when driving, especially long distances!

prodiver

VCA Member
Reaction score
There is a company called Brandon Distributing that sells a cruise control for the Gen II but not Gen 1 Viper. It sells for around $180.00. I have not seen one yet that will work with a Gen 1 Viper because of the dual throttle cables. On Gen II both throtles work off of one cable. The Gen I has two cables that do not come together untill they go through the firewall and they become one right in front of the gas pedal. I would like to see or talk to someone that has a cruise control on a Gen I Viper. I need one. My car goes to fast to easy and is difficult to drive it under 80 mph.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by viperprowler1:
Does anyone (including DC) offer a quality cruise control kit that will work on a gen I and/or a gen II Viper? Hopefully, one that would look and operate much like a "factory installed" unit!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

"IF IT FITS ON OR IN A VIPER......PARTSRACK PROBABLY HAS IT."

ELECTRONIC CRUISE CONTROL KIT FOR VIPER: $439.00

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang