Viper Days....Help

VIPORXXX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

This is my first posting to the boards (Except for test msg)
My Viper is a 2000 gts.

I have signed up for Viper Days Oct. 1st and 2nd. I need your advice and expertise on how to prepare for Viper Days. I know about the helmet and clothing stuff but not sure what I should/need to do to my Viper prior to going.

Thanks,
Fast Eddie

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
FLUIDS-FLUIDS-FLUIDS.
0) Fresh oil, maybe 15-50.
1) NEW P/S Fluid
2) New Brake Fluid, DOT-4 or 5.1, 550-degree or +
3) Clutch fluid in reservoir is simple at the same time.
4) Burp the coolant. Add RedLine Water Wetter if you are able.
5) Brake pads at 75% or better. Maybe MUCH better !
6) Take a tire guage. Be sure you BEGIN at the correct pressure recommeneded for that track, by Skip. Prob 32X4 to start. Check pressures as soon as you come in.
7) DONT USE YOUR E-BRAKE THAT DAY. Unless a real emergency.
8) ViperDays requires MEDSTATS. Know your blood type.
9) Be sure to take your centercap tool to get your caps off.
10) Sunglasses / Eyedrops / Sunscreen

While there, several vendors should be able to pull your "Sport Shims" and reset the toe for the day. You will be amazed. Best for short-track use, but OK for the day. ******* front tires...Great on handling. Not needed on Novice day one.

Do you have harnesses? Do you have arm-restraints? Certainly a good idea....... Skip must have a checklist for you!

GOOD LUCK, have fun, and congrats on making the right decision to upgrade your software

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brakes are your main concern. They get hot, they go bad, you crash. Install some type of cooling system, either Porsche air deflectors ($100) or some cheapo tubes ($20) from any hardware store. Point it to the center of the rotor. Whatever you do just get some cool air to them!

Bleed the brakes each track day. Use Motul600 or other Hi Temp fluid.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Make sure your helmet is Snell 95 or better, and if it is a motorcylse ( M95 or M2000 ) , you will need a Nomex head sock. Bring flat bottomed shoes ( tennis, wrestling, etc ) and you will need long pants and a long sleeve shirt to run on track. The Woodhouse Gang will be there, so come over an ask us anything , we will be happy to help you out. Archer Racing Accessories and Bobby Archer Motorsports will be on site, so you can get many items from them if you can't get them in time. Do you already have a 5 pt. harness in your car - big benefit for keeping you secure in your seat, as well as enhancing safety.

Look for ;
Bill Pemberton
Bob Woodhouse
Rick Maxwell
Ryan Pemberton
Rob Foster
Dan Downs
Larry King

We will all be happy to help.