Viper Days...what to do?

ElDiablo Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm planing to try Viper days since Corvettes don't give me any competition
laugh.gif
I have Stoptech front, no cats, corsa, K&N, VEC1. What group would I have to run...what would my times have to be to do OK there and not be the last guy? Last time I run Watkins Glen with 2:19 but could have done better..this is from only timing one/.5 session.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't worry about it, just have fun and stay off the walls. Courtney will put you in run groups within your lap time so no matter what class you're in you won't be coming up on traffic or getting lapped.

Hoosier Daddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks to be at least Modified. You have some heavy point hitters with no Cats, VEC1, ABS and Stoptech fronts. 2.19 would be competitive at the glen for a Miata club event. Just kidding, looking at the past results from the glen event in 2001 you would have done very well. Sign up for the Mid Ohio event at the end of April next year, should be the closest event for you. That event is always very popular with some 85 Vipers signed up annually.

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Hoosier Daddy:
Looks to be at least Modified. You have some heavy point hitters with no Cats, VEC1, ABS and Stoptech fronts. 2.19 would be competitive at the glen for a Miata club event. Just kidding, looking at the past results from the glen event in 2001 you would have done very well. Sign up for the Mid Ohio event at the end of April next year, should be the closest event for you. That event is always very popular with some 85 Vipers signed up annually.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey Alan, will the snow be melted by then
supergrin.gif

Excuse me now I gotta prep the car for Buttonwillow this weekend
supergrin.gif

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
No problemo, just show up and we will all help you out. I plan on being at MId Ohio ( instructing ) , so maybe we can go around the track once or twice. I will be happy to give you some ideas on tire pressures, alignment, etc., that works well at this beautiful track. Hoosier Daddy is from New York , also, and one very fast shoe, so I am sure he will help you out. He gets around this track with the best of them, and don't let his sarcastic wit phase you, he is one of the most helpful, friendly guys around.

S

SUN RA KAT

Bill -

We shall meet again, especially if you are instructing the beginner group - I plan on going to Mid-Ohio, too.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine