Viper gen V prices

crifa10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hi, i'm writing from europe, i'm buying a 2000 gts, i'm looking at the prices of the gen V 2013-2017, and i can't explain why the new price started at about 100 thousand $ and now it costs more when used than when it was new , isn't that absurd? perhaps it is a sign that the demand exceeds the few cars available and therefore the price will surely go up like the collector cars?

also I would like to ask the more experienced what are the differences between the gen V SRT and the more expensive GTS?

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
I think some of the price increase on the gen 5 is partially just the recent inflation we've been seeing where all used cars have started going up in price. That being said, I think more of it is probably because the Viper has been discontinued, so everyone is trying to get their hands on one as a collector and the newer ones are more appealing to many because of the improvement and creature comforts they offer compared to the more basic earlier cars. I agree it's pretty wild that just a few years ago people seemed to be having a hard time selling a more basic gen 5 for under a $100k and now they are all over that, and by a good margin.

As for the differences between the SRT and GTS, I believe it's mostly down to the suspension and some nicer options. The SRT was "base" and the "GTS" was a little more premium. I believe it had more settings for the adjustable suspension (or just adjustable suspension period, I can't remember if the SRT did). I think the GTS also had the option for upgraded interior packages, but maybe those were available in either. Regardless, both of them are pretty much the same performance in the long run, so you wouldn't be missing out there. They have pretty much always been a common driveline throughout the years.

kneehighspy

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
i did pay little more for my gen 5 than it’s 2017 sticker price, but as said, vipers aren’t built anymore and they are very limited in production run over 30yrs. some manufacturers build more than double or more the amount of cars yearly than vipers that were built for 30yrs.

over the 30yrs of wanting one, i can count on one hand how many i personally saw. now i see one everyday in my garage

Ken Silverman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
MoparMap is correct (as usual!). My 2006 Ford GT had an MSRP of $166,000 - the market now is $300,000-plus. My 2013 Gen V GTS had dropped to about $90,000 and is now appraised at $136,000. If anyone is interested in my Gen V SRT GTS, Track Pack, 5,000 miles, for $125,000; please reply.

OP
OP
C

crifa10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
MoparMap è corretto (come al solito!). La mia Ford GT del 2006 aveva un prezzo consigliato di $ 166.000 - il mercato ora è di $ 300.000 in più. La mia GTS Gen V del 2013 era scesa a circa $ 90.000 e ora è valutata a $ 136.000. Se qualcuno è interessato al mio Gen V SRT GTS, Track Pack, 5.000 miglia, per $ 125.000; la risposta di rispondere.
the gen V is the next car i will want to collect, but maybe a few years will pass by when i can afford it, now i'm buying a gts year 2000 spending half the money that a gen v costs, i live in europe, i have never seen any viper since alive, it is so rare that many people in my country do not know it at all, I only saw it in video games when 20 years ago I played with the play station

I believe that the new price of the gen V was excessively low! they are crazy in FCA for giving it away, with that money you could buy a bin or a gen V, but the gen V was worth at least double the selling price

do you think they will never make new Vipers with the real 8.4cc Viper soul?

Peter Kater

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the gen V is the next car i will want to collect, but maybe a few years will pass by when i can afford it, now i'm buying a gts year 2000 spending half the money that a gen v costs, i live in europe, i have never seen any viper since alive, it is so rare that many people in my country do not know it at all, I only saw it in video games when 20 years ago I played with the play station

I believe that the new price of the gen V was excessively low! they are crazy in FCA for giving it away, with that money you could buy a bin or a gen V, but the gen V was worth at least double the selling price

do you think they will never make new Vipers with the real 8.4cc Viper soul?
Congratulations on your Gen2 gts!
I'm sure you will enjoy it. It's a great machine.

As for the value. You might be surprised that your gts Gen2 might actually have more "potential" than a genV.
What I mean by that is that Gen5 might stabilize in value already, as the gen1 and 2 might actually keep going up. Just my 2 cents here.

As for your other question... Honestly don't expect Chrysler or Dodge to ever go back to an 8l or 8.4l V10 ever again.
There are enough regulations (safety, emissions, etc.) to make that pretty much impossible.
Hence one of the reasons for the value going up. Not only a fantastic car, but a collector automobile, on top ot it's 90's / early 00's era!

OP
OP
C

crifa10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the Viper gen V have risen by at least 20% in the last 1 year, we hope they stabilize, I believe they will continue to rise

OP
OP
C

crifa10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think that as things are going, inflation will continue to rise both in the US and in Europe

uhohspaghettio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I paid a bit over original MSRP for my 2015 GT. Usually with sports cars and exotics they tend to flat line around the 5-6 year mark and then slight increase. Since these aren't made anymore, I'd bet they'll continue to go up

Moparposterchild

Enthusiast
Reaction score
MoparMap is correct (as usual!). My 2006 Ford GT had an MSRP of $166,000 - the market now is $300,000-plus. My 2013 Gen V GTS had dropped to about $90,000 and is now appraised at $136,000. If anyone is interested in my Gen V SRT GTS, Track Pack, 5,000 miles, for $125,000; please reply.
Any more info on your car you’re considering selling? Pics? I’m on the hunt.