VIPER GTS-R

allanlambo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i have seen pics of the viper gts-r. is it possible to buy this car? does someone make a kit to put on a viper that makes it look like it? whats the deal with this one?

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you talking about the 98 GTS/R commemorative Viper of which there where only 100 made?

Or the Team Oreca Vipers that whooped everybody's *** for several years?

REDSLED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There have been several GTS/R's on ebay as well as www.autotrader.com over the past several months. I've seen the price range from $85K to $105K depending on the mileageand the sellers wishful thinking. Hope this helps.
-Jonathan

snowmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by allanlambo:
i have seen pics of the viper gts-r. is it possible to buy this car? does someone make a kit to put on a viper that makes it look like it? whats the deal with this one?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Here are the answers to your questions...

Is it possible to buy a Viper GTS-R? Yes take a look at one for sale on http://www.dodgeviperforsale.com/GTSR.htm

No this is not a kit, Dodge only make 100 of them and I would say without argument it is the most desirable Viper that ever left the Dodge dealership.

Hope this helps.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
first, we need to get on the same page:

1) GTS-R came out in 1995, GTS coupe based. Ran FIA, Lemans, ALMS, ROLEX, World Challenge, winning all but the last. All 'real' GTS-Rs were race cars, not street legal. A few have sold from time to time, now in collectors hands.

2) Dodge made a REPLICA, correct nomenclature GT-2, in White, with blue stripes only. Cosmetics only..... rare, desireable, 102 made, 98 for retail.

3) in 2000, the Auto-Show circuit revealed the GTSR/T coupe.
Called the "Concept Coupe" in these parts. This is probably the car you are romancing about. This show car spawned the Comp Coupe, a real race car. MSRP $100k. For sale (slowly) to racers and race teams.

(PartsRack offers) a body kit, made and installed by AutoForm, that they call the STREET COUPE that can make a 96-02 GTS look like a GTSR/T

Eddie N

Enthusiast
Reaction score
its a good deal if you really want yellow, otherwise you can probably find a leftover at a smaller dealership that is just looking to unload the car.. that seems like where the better deals are coming from lately.. if its solid yellow it is one out of only 14 for 02... if it has black stripes its one out of 26..

definitely a pretty and rare car!!

picture courtesy of lance.. yellow 02 ACR

You must be registered for see images

- eddie -

OP
OP
A

allanlambo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
lambos been cracking that 200mph barrier for years! finally you guys will join the club!
bounce.gif

pretty funny, because ferrari is going to be left sucking wind!

Motor City Mad Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think what you are asking about is the GTS-R concept car that came out about 2 years ago. You can buy a body kit for it from Autoform who advertises on this board. Or you can buy the Competition Coupe that will look much like it when it comes out next year I think. But it cannot be titled for the street and they will only build 50 the first year and they are already spoken for. Hopefully DCX will build a coupe in a few years and we can all have the real thing for the street.

Eddie N

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thats a comp coupe with badly photoshopped stripes...

so the 98 GT-2 is just special paint and wheels? no extra goodies like suspension etc?

- eddie -

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Eddie N:
so the 98 GT-2 is just special paint and wheels? no extra goodies like suspension etc?

- eddie -

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Correct

CAP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Eddie N:

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, I thought it had K&Ns and smooth tubes and was rated at 460 HP. (Like the ACR.) Don't remember if it's suspension was ACR-like.

Rich Wesorick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow - JonB. made a mistake,,, say it isn't so!

The GTSR was never run in World Challenge (WC), as WC rules do not permit purpose built race cars. Production GTS's were built into race cars and run in World Challenge in 1998, 1999, and 2000. In 1999, Bobby Archer won the WC GT Championship in a ViperSpeed Racing Viper.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
userSRTbro_