Viper - Ipod

Danno

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Anyone have their IPOD hardwired into their stereo. I used the FM Modulator and wasn't happy with the results. Did you hard wire into the stock stereo or go aftermarket with the AV Jacks. Also any pictures of your setup and where you have your ipod mounted would be appreciated. I want the IPOD mounted so its not just laying around (Plus I could watch video with it mounted) but with no cupholders its tough. Please post a picture of your mounting set up and thanks in advance. :2tu:

emo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I went with an Alpine DVD monitor with the ipod conncetion.
I mounted the ipod in my glove box with velco, with the Alpine unit everything comes up on the screen you never need to touch your ipod.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vehicle specific ipod docks... Matt Turner, the guy that makes them is awesome. I flew him in to work on an Infiniti M45 and the results are great. The stock Alpine should have a aux in. This dock would be perfect for that.

http://tunertricks.com/blog/index.php?p=68
http://tunertricks.com/blog/index.php?p=69

Email him and tell him what your needs are... he can do a lot of the fabrication without your car even there. Just tell him his Viper friend in San Francisco sent you. :2tu: [email protected]

bloose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Anyone have their IPOD hardwired into their stereo. I used the FM Modulator and wasn't happy with the results. Did you hard wire into the stock stereo or go aftermarket with the AV Jacks. Also any pictures of your setup and where you have your ipod mounted would be appreciated. I want the IPOD mounted so its not just laying around (Plus I could watch video with it mounted) but with no cupholders its tough. Please post a picture of your mounting set up and thanks in advance. :2tu:

I highly recommend this page at Crutchfield, it's the best way to figure out the right solution for integrating your iPod into your car stereo. I don't care what you buy or where, and have no affiliation with Crutchfield, but that iPod you bought helped pay for my Viper, Thanks! :2tu:

Crutchfield Digital Drive-through

OP
OP
D

Danno

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Bloose thanks for the info. Glad I could contribute to your Viper! (Once you have a IPOD, DVR/Tivo or cell phone you can't live without one.) So it looks like I need to make sure that its connects via the changer port, if I have one, for the best sound quality. Anyone know if the stock Alpine has a changer port? Emo, is the Alpine system touch screen, like the IPOD. If so what was the Alpine model #. I was really hoping to just have a connector with the stock stereo so I could switch out with my other cars though. Thanks

Viper TT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
swap the head unit to a better alpine deck($200 and up), then install alpines $100 ipod adapter. that way you can put the ipod out of your way and use your alpine deck to control it.

emo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Emo, is the Alpine system touch screen, like the IPOD. If so what was the Alpine model #. Thanks
It is a pulse touch screen, Alpine IVA-D310 plus you need the interface adapter Alpine KCA-420i.