Viper is not an exotic? check this out!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
I

Immanuel

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Look having just returned from Lima, Peru my Audi RS4 is certainly an exotic...wait so is my wife's Jeep SRT and my F450.

Heck...a car that could pass US emissions is an exotic there.

And your right..... For that part of the world. But a having a $300 in your pocket there is exotic!!!!

OP
OP
I

Immanuel

Viper Owner
Reaction score
who cares what other car owners think of YOUR car. YOU liked it, YOU bought it, YOU should drive it and not worry about what other guys think of your car.

did you buy the car to impress or to drive and enjoy ?

i bet you have a nice microfiber windbreaker dont ya ?

Plumpcrazy true!!! But i am after a big picture on how to define the Viper brand.

OP
OP
I

Immanuel

Viper Owner
Reaction score
got me thinkin though..., i always thought of the viper as part-musclecar, but after looking at this definition i guess it is Not:
Musclecarclub.com - Muscle Car Definition
and
Muscle car - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So now IMO a Viper is a: SportsCar/RaceCar/ExoticCar all in one.

Now there you go!!!!!! When you really put it together, it not a muscle car. For people on who think Viper is not a supercar, you dont know what you have. Which is crazy to me. How do you buy a car and not know what category its in. This is crazy guys!!!!!!!!!:crazy2:

How do you guys not know the history on your cars....... I though ferrarichat was bad but dang, I am on the viper forum and its starting to seem worse.... This is F**ked up to a whole new level that I just discovered on the Viper forum.

Last edited:

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
its not up to YOU to define the viper...... let it go

and you never answered the question, do you have a microfiber windbreaker ???

OP
OP
I

Immanuel

Viper Owner
Reaction score
its not up to YOU to define the viper...... let it go

and you never answered the question, do you have a microfiber windbreaker ???

No I am looking to define the Viper (your missing the point) the facts out there already and has been out there. And owners dont even know it properly. I think its great talk.;)

Plumcrazy you asked why did I buy my Viper. Well to keep the long story short , I was looking for a ultimate performer. I have came from the background since 1999, I built a custom single turbo system in a 3rd-gen RX7 (460HP) to a kit build cobra with a crate 427 engine modded, to a twin-turbo NSX, then I built a 1100Hp Supra well before the movie fast and furious was a movie. I have tottally converted a porsche 996 to 997 with heavy mods. And custom built alot for the 3rd/4rd gen Vipers. And thats some of what I owned/did and do. I am a engineer by trade.

As far as your other question. The answer is, NO

Last edited:

PatentLaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viper is not a muscle car. Any attempt to define it as such is limiting the ultimate capabilities of the car.

It is an American made exotic car. There are very few American made exotic cars that would even fit the definition of exotic. Some F cars were made in larger numbers frankly and the Viper would be more rare than those models.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I said don't be one. I did not say you are one yet...

:dunno::nono:
I am friends with alot of the Ferrari chat guys and Lambo guys over the last 10years(they know who i am and what i do), but I think that there is a lack of education on that mis-understood topic....... Not to just get over it........

We really don't care what or who you think you know. Your post was meant to stir a ***. And you're being azzhole to a well known and established member here, that makes you a ********* right of the bat. Nice start
1882hiFU.jpg
1882hiFU.jpg
1882hiFU.jpg

OP
OP
I

Immanuel

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Viper is not a muscle car. Any attempt to define it as such is limiting the ultimate capabilities of the car.

It is an American made exotic car. There are very few American made exotic cars that would even fit the definition of exotic. Some F cars were made in larger numbers frankly and the Viper would be more rare than those models.

That is where I am coming from.... I was at tons of exotic meets and car shows and in track events this summer with other Ferrari and Lambo friends in New York city area,Philadelphia PA, NJ. If I was one of the only modded Viper or Viper there. One thing for sure Viper is a highly underrated car.

CPPRHD265

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought mine to drive, not to impress of give a rats ass about what someone else thinks. Life isn't all highschool jock antics.

I wouldn't consider the viper a muscle car by any stretch of the imagination. When I think musclecar, I think of 60s era cars with a lot more motor in them than expected. But they all came from a base ( at first ) that was just one companies production sedans & two doors. Very few were purpose built until later, so there was a lot of trade-offs... especially cornering. I personally consider the viper an American Sportscar. Purpose built for that specification. How many "musclecars" had front brake cooling ducts, belly pan, rear diffusers, and the motor tucked in behind the front wheel centerline from the factory? Not a whole hell of a lot that's for sure.

The Ferrari guys can do whatever Ferrari guys do. They can say whatever, it doesn't make a lick of difference to me. But I'll tell you this... you won't find me peeing on an unatended Ferrari and posting about it on You-Tube!

BlackSnake99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its pointless owning any plus 400hp car on public highways, but you still own one right??? Get the point?

Frankly, no. That is a non sequitur, by the way. I just don't care what category it is in. And we can ********** over what it is all night long but it won't change what others perceptions are. Its like getting tweeked that some dumba$$ on the Mitsubishi boards isn't impressed by a Viper. Who cares? There will be those who are jealous because my car is more expensive than theirs, and there will be those who look down upon it because they paid more for theirs. The good news is that most people I run into at cruise-ins and shows are true car people who appreciate something cool. THOSE are the people whose opinions mean something to me.

Last edited:

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Aside from Immanuel being a noob-ian troll... I'd say you're all wrong. A Viper has the rawness and power of a "real" muscle car, the speed and surgical handling of a "supercar", the looks and rareness, but not the price, of an exotic, and the torque that's out of this world.

It is beyond any description. It was (and to some extent, is today), a gamechanger. It "changed" the way people looked, labeled, and powered cars since it was available in 1992. You can't call it any of those things because it defies ALL of those descriptions.

When the Viper came out, no one really knew where it fitted in.... same as today. There's nothing like it, nothing equivalent to it (the Devon GTX doesn't count). The people that organizes races know this. They restrict the Viper until it's half the car that it is... just to be fair to all the other chumps. Everyone is scared of it, so they hate it. That's easy enough to understand.

Just picture a sumo wrestler that can win a decathalon and can set some records doing it. Outrageous right? Just like a Viper.

From now on, I'm just going to tell people, "There's no other car like it."

OP
OP
I

Immanuel

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sorry to output a touchy topic for everyone. I will go back to my TROLL cave. With my Troll car of a viper. Sorry to shake the box on such high posting members of the all great Viper Club:smirk:

Manny

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You are definitely getting all bent out of shape over it.

Its definitely not an exotic either...exotics are based on speed, technology and price. The Viper only has one and a half of those qualities.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Personally I don't consider the Viper exotic. Regardless the topic of exotic or not exotic is rapidly making it's way to number one on the "I don't give a sh*t" list. Most of you that do care are just a bunch of posers anyway.

2000_Black_RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
perhaps quote the dictionary to them.. 2 or 3 or 5 as a noun works for the Viper..

ex⋅ot⋅ic

–adjective

1.of foreign origin or character; not native; introduced from abroad, but not fully naturalized or acclimatized: exotic foods; exotic plants.

2.strikingly unusual or strange in effect or appearance: an exotic hairstyle.

3.of a uniquely new or experimental nature: exotic weapons.

4.of, pertaining to, or involving stripteasing: the exotic clubs where strippers are featured.

–noun

5.something that is exotic: The flower show included several tropical exotics with showy blooms.

6.an exotic dancer; stripper.

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep...very well stated... V10.. low production, extreme styling, power and performance, impractical, totally unconventional... what qualification does the Viper lack ?

We all have our own opinions, for me Viper is all three, muscle car, exotic, and super car. MHO

BlackSnake99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
perhaps quote the dictionary to them.. 2 or 3 or 5 as a noun works for the Viper..

ex⋅ot⋅ic

–adjective

1.of foreign origin or character; not native; introduced from abroad, but not fully naturalized or acclimatized: exotic foods; exotic plants.

2.strikingly unusual or strange in effect or appearance: an exotic hairstyle.

3.of a uniquely new or experimental nature: exotic weapons.

4.of, pertaining to, or involving stripteasing: the exotic clubs where strippers are featured.

–noun

5.something that is exotic: The flower show included several tropical exotics with showy blooms.

6.an exotic dancer; stripper.

I kinda like #4 and 6 too.:D

dodgefever

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is a trick question to which there is no right or wrong answer because the answer is all in your own perspective.

To the original statement... Exotic? To the Ferrari or Lamborghini owner...no. But, to a WRX or another more common car owner...yes the Viper is Exotic.

Muscle car? Of course it is. What else would you classify it as? a sedan? a family car?
Again, if someones perspective is so short sighted to only consider a "muscle car" to be a late 60's Chevelle or Hemi car, then thats just plain sad.

My perspective is, I leave it up to the average "non-car" person out in public. You park a Lamberghini, Ferrari, and Viper GTS or Coupe side by side, keep track of what they look at and you won't find the Viper being ignored because it's "not exotic". So thats my answer, take us opinionated motor heads out of the equation and to most people I've run into on the street, at shows, or just in parking lots, it's an exotic car.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Funk and Wagnalls Dictionary-
EXOTIC =
1. Belonging by nature or origin to another part of the world; not native

2. Strangely different and fascinating.

The Viper is NATIVE and not an import, but it is also different and fascinating ... even more so than a true #1 exotic like a Mini or a Lada.

Therefor the Viper is, and isn't an exotic. I suppose Ferraris, Maseratis and Porsches are exotics as well because they're imports, lol.

The Viper ACR is obviously "different and fascinating" since it is the World's Fastest Road Car.

But, the most import title is the "World's Fastest Road Car"

Perhaps if Ferrari and Maserati spent a few miilion dollars on windtunnel time they could build/design an ADVANCED BODY or even an ADVANCED suspension design to keep up with the Viper???

???? No, probably not.

Ted

Last edited:

Newport Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess exotic means slow.....

quick note to a Ferrari friend :D

Hey #$%&,

I thought Ferrari (as all constructors) participated in F1 as place to really perfect their engineering and ultimately transfer that knowledge to their production vehicles. Based on the following Data compiled from laps run at Nurburgring, I'm lead to believe that Ferrari is wasting their time and should probably withdraw from F1. The following are top lap times:

7:25 Ferrari Enzo $1,000,000 ++++
7:39 Ferrari 430 Scuderia $272,000 +
7:47 Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano $315,000 +

7:22 Dodge Viper under $100K (arguably "priceless")

Maybe Ferrari should switch to plastic headlight covers on their cars. Weight might be the issue. Better yet..... maybe the new U.S. based F1 team should be using the Viper engine. Hmmm.... now we are onto something.

Don't get me started on Porsche. LOL :)

:lmao:

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I guess exotic means slow.....

quick note to a Ferrari friend :D

Hey #$%&,

I thought Ferrari (as all constructors) participated in F1 as place to really perfect their engineering and ultimately transfer that knowledge to their production vehicles. Based on the following Data compiled from laps run at Nurburgring, I'm lead to believe that Ferrari is wasting their time and should probably withdraw from F1. The following are top lap times:

7:25 Ferrari Enzo $1,000,000 ++++
7:39 Ferrari 430 Scuderia $272,000 +
7:47 Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano $315,000 +

7:22 Dodge Viper under $100K (arguably "priceless")

Maybe Ferrari should switch to plastic headlight covers on their cars. Weight might be the issue. Better yet..... maybe the new U.S. based F1 team should be using the Viper engine. Hmmm.... now we are onto something.

Don't get me started on Porsche. LOL :)

:lmao:

Ferrari's are fast, just not as fast as a Viper ACR at the Nuremburg Ring. And Porsche ... well the entire Nuremburg ring episodes were started by the 'ringer' 500+bhp Datsun GTR beating the Porsche so badly. Then the ZR1 beat the GTR so badly, Then the Enzo and Maserati V12 tried to beat the ACR and settled for beating the ZR1 and saying that the ACR's time "wasn't official". The ACR's time is still a few seconds faster than all the rest. Eventually one of those couple million dollar cars being built to go faster than the ACR may be able to do it ... since the ACR's driver missed a few shifts and the car was overreved quite a few times. Then the ACR may need a firm effort (at least 5 or 6 runs) to get into the "teens" was what the SRT guys said.

You've gotta laugh when a CASUAL, low buck effort beats all other efforts in the entire world.

Ted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Axial32