Viper is not an exotic? check this out!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
I

Immanuel

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I guess exotic means slow.....

quick note to a Ferrari friend :D

Hey #$%&,

I thought Ferrari (as all constructors) participated in F1 as place to really perfect their engineering and ultimately transfer that knowledge to their production vehicles. Based on the following Data compiled from laps run at Nurburgring, I'm lead to believe that Ferrari is wasting their time and should probably withdraw from F1. The following are top lap times:

7:25 Ferrari Enzo $1,000,000 ++++
7:39 Ferrari 430 Scuderia $272,000 +
7:47 Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano $315,000 +

7:22 Dodge Viper under $100K (arguably "priceless")

Maybe Ferrari should switch to plastic headlight covers on their cars. Weight might be the issue. Better yet..... maybe the new U.S. based F1 team should be using the Viper engine. Hmmm.... now we are onto something.

Don't get me started on Porsche. LOL :)

:lmao:

Newport Viper Thank you for that point!! The UK is already using the 8.0 liter Viper (FI) engine in their 500k Bistol Fighter T. And thats a supercar/Exotic (ugly but) they are saying its top speed is on par/faster than the Veyron!!!!!!
Bristol Fighter (car) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Bristol Cars - Homepage

Just to shake things up alittle more, again what is a Viper?

Last edited:
OP
OP
I

Immanuel

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My perspective is, I leave it up to the average "non-car" person out in public. You park a Lamberghini, Ferrari, and Viper GTS or Coupe side by side, keep track of what they look at and you won't find the Viper being ignored because it's "not exotic". So thats my answer, take us opinionated motor heads out of the equation and to most people I've run into on the street, at shows, or just in parking lots, it's an exotic car.

And that is my point on this whole thread. You take the motor head out of the picture. And experience the parking lots, shows, etc., highway drives. I was getting more head turns and attention than the ferrari's and Lambo Gallardos around there or around period. And I live in a big city....

Last edited:

SlateEd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How does being hand-built factor into the definition of "exotic"? I would think that should count for something...

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
How does being hand-built factor into the definition of "exotic"? I would think that should count for something...

That could come under the second part of Funk and Wagnall's definition as being "different and fascinating." That requirement would remove the Mini's and Ladas from the Exotic definition as well ... I like it :) :)

Ted

OP
OP
I

Immanuel

Viper Owner
Reaction score
1994Viper, I have a close friend that owns a 348TS and screams that its an exotic, which it is. It gets a ton of attention too. But facts are that Acrua NSX (first asian exotic) built itself to beat the Ferrari 348/355 back in the day. The Nsx based itself from the Ferrari 408 concept car in the late 80's. And you can google that. Look at the picture of ferrari 408 concept, it screams NSX..

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm surprised no one corrected the douches on their production numbers...didn't Viper just hit 25k last year for total production over the last 17 years? Not 100k; I think they have us confused with the 'Vettes :D

A group of 4-5 of us were out for a drive and caught wind of a Ferrari breakfast, so we swung by to check it out. No one there talks to us and half of the guys leave immediately, including the Enzo. We're there to drool over cars and they stick their noses up and actually ***** at the Ferrari Club photographer (who we're friends with too) because the Ferrari guys thought he divulged their top secret breakfast location to us. I guess we didn't have the matching hat/shirt/nametag combo so we ruined their meal?

This is me cameraphone-taping the exit of the Enzo; you can see us American car-driving slobs all smiling like idiots in the background:
You must be registered for see images

Here we are crashing the party :D

The only non-****** Ferrari owners are the car enthusiasts that have multiple cars and appreciate any fine automobile. Unfortunately most of them are elitist morons with too much money.

OP
OP
I

Immanuel

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The only non-****** Ferrari owners are the car enthusiasts that have multiple cars and appreciate any fine automobile. Unfortunately most of them are elitist morons with too much money.

Ferrari owners are just scared of the truth.. As I am finding some people on here are scared too.

What the lambo guy says after the race is the breakdown of the HyPE!!!!!!
YouTube - Viper Vs Gallardo Spyder (Kuwait)

Last edited:

my viper

enthusiast
Reaction score
But my work is done here.... I have started the buzz... And am taking the typing break.....
Take care!!!!

True Troll.

What was your intension though? Did you want us to post on that forum supporting you? Or did you want us to ***** about their posts here so you could direct them here?

Bottom line is - in this day of time, the very definition of exotic is each individuals' opinion based on their choice and location.

As you may have guaged by now, and I hope you did, we do not care what others think of our cars. We are our own league and proud of it.

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Be careful, the mothership is probably listening (in this case reading). Who owns Ferrari......the same people that own Chrysler. My opinion............who cares.......I did'nt buy my car to impress anyone else but me. Call it what you want, I call it a "VIPER" , pretty much says it all.

OP
OP
I

Immanuel

Viper Owner
Reaction score
True Troll.

What was your intension though? Did you want us to post on that forum supporting you? Or did you want us to ***** about their posts here so you could direct them here?

Bottom line is - in this day of time, the very definition of exotic is each individuals' opinion based on their choice and location.

As you may have guaged by now, and I hope you did, we do not care what others think of our cars. We are our own league and proud of it.
Hey Loser!!! That why G37's or BMW M3's are exotics because of your definition. God, you guys make no sence!!!!

my viper

enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Loser!!! That why G37's or BMW M3's are exotics because of your definition. God, you guys make no sence!!!!

LOL, yes, they very well could be. And, YES, you make a lot of sense. Didn't you say you were leaving now? Don't go away mad, just go away.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Watch me smoke 50 Ferraris... :D
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8x6U99M_ZuY]YouTube - Line of Ferraris[/media]

Last edited:

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh, no hard feelings.

thanks bro

:tx:

We couldn't have seen you waving anyway; your car doesn't have rearward visibility for sh*t :D

yeah, been the bane of enzo ownership :rolleyes:

thinking of getting

You must be registered for see images attach

to do some custom rearward visibility modding on my enzo,

(don't you just love saying enzo.....enzo, enzo, enzo, just rolls off the tongue, but i digress:rolleyes:)

like he did on my buds enzo

:hippy:

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks bro

:tx:

yeah, been the bane of enzo ownership :rolleyes:

thinking of getting

You must be registered for see images attach

to do some custom rearward visibility modding on my enzo,

(don't you just love saying enzo.....enzo, enzo, enzo, just rolls off the tongue, but i digress:rolleyes:)

like he did on my buds enzo

:hippy:
Traction control at its best! :D

JK-GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viper is in a class all it's own - the exotic of the muscle class, and the muscle of the exotic class. A Ferrari will always be only an exotic because, well, it's a Ferrari...

SkyBob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A group of 4-5 of us were out for a drive and caught wind of a Ferrari breakfast, so we swung by to check it out. No one there talks to us and half of the guys leave immediately, including the Enzo. We're there to drool over cars and they stick their noses up and actually ***** at the Ferrari Club photographer (who we're friends with too) because the Ferrari guys thought he divulged their top secret breakfast location to us. I guess we didn't have the matching hat/shirt/nametag combo so we ruined their meal?

Did they flip you the bird as they were driving away? I hear Vette owners will do that. :)

Either Immanuel is an english-speaking-as-a-second-language foreigner (which is not a bad thing) or he is a 14 year old (which is ...)

Status
Not open for further replies.