Viper knife anybody?

CAIN MKII

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm a knife kind of guy. My favourite are Tactical knives. But what about you?:)
I think it would be great if Dodge works with a great knife maker to realise a special one, inspired by the Viper.:headbang:
With some rescue functions like belt cutter and glass breaker.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like butter-knife person myself...if Dodge could endorse a sneaky pete butter knife and/or steak knife I'd take a couple dozen of each.

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Speaking of knives, I'd like to get a good knife or two, what are the main characteristics to consider?

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I'm a knife kind of guy. My favourite are Tactical knives. But what about you?:)
I think it would be great if Dodge works with a great knife maker to realise a special one, inspired by the Viper.:headbang:

PARTSRACK HAS THEM IN STOCK !!!!! We primarily use as customer gifts and VCA party prizes. 4.25" Closed, 7.25" Open. Asking Chad to post, THANKS

Viper GTS / Coupe Script and Coupe ETCHED ON BLADE. Chrysler Licensed. $25 !!!!!

Not on our website, but TRUST ME......

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

CAIN MKII

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Speaking of knives, I'd like to get a good knife or two, what are the main characteristics to consider?

First thing would be, what will you use it for?
Then the quality of the steel used for the blade.
There is so much different knives out there.
Pay a visit to the following makers, you can't go wrong with them, there are top brand.
CRKT , KERSHAW , SPIDERCO , GERBER , BUCK , united cuttlery.

Hi Jon;
could you post a photo here about these knives.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
....First thing would be, what will you use it for?
Pay a visit to the following makers, you can't go wrong with them, there are top brand.

Hi Jon;

Benchmade, Kershaw, CRKT are all made right here in NW. Doris makes the "Employee Sales" days on these great knives. I also own knives from Gerber, Buck, and my personal favorite Spyderco.

The VIPER GTS Caribiner Knife is NOT on of these $75-$250 knives, but worth every penny of the $25 for a collector of Old Licensed Viper goods! Heck, they should be $50.

Last edited:

Blade Runner

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I make custom knifes, but I'm very, very expensive. Every knife I make is a "one of a kind". Chances are you have seen my work somewhere or it's been used on someone you know. I make about 80% of all the microkeratomes blades in the world. I will do custom work, exotic metal or ceramics. I have done folding knifes and switchblades you name it. Most of the stuff you would call benchmade I call production work.

OP
OP
C

CAIN MKII

Enthusiast
Reaction score
These Viper knives are pretty nice.I will get one.;)
Still I'm asking for something more...serious, duty ready, built for real life.
example:
You must be registered for see images

Or maybe something like Leatherman knife/utility tool combo.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
These Viper knives are pretty nice.I will get one.;)
Still I'm asking for something more...serious, duty ready, built for real life.
Maybe a Tool COMBO

Ill have Chad post 2 more... we also have a NICE DODGE Knife-tool, not VIPER

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's some more photos of VIPER knives that Jon B. has for sale:

You must be registered for see images attach

And here's the DODGE knife set he sells:

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
:omg: Whoa, these are so cool, specialy the second one. How can I order them?.....

I would go CRAZY and broke if I had to sell $25 items for a living, so We'd rather sell as toss-in items with a REAL sale ! Regular PartsRack customers know the DOO-DADS we try to enclose. That said:

The knives are $25 / 1, or $20 ea in pairs or more. 6-item tool kit $40. Email orders please.
[email protected] Specify which items...

Roger, I have your Tamanu address..... still there? E-Z to mail international

Madduc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd like to see a good 'working' type knife. My collection has several Spyderco's, Benchmade, Boker, Emerson, BlackJacks, and a Randall.

OP
OP
C

CAIN MKII

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Jon;
Yes, my TAMANU address is still there. Email me for details + shipping.

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First thing would be, what will you use it for?

Hi Jon;

General utility, cutting stuff, etc., want it to be sharp! Not intended for self-defense. What are some good suggestions, and why?

Also, as mentioned above, I understand there are some basic characteristics for knives to select from, e.g., use, material, folding/not, etc., what others are there?

Blade Runner

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most knife made today are factory blades. There is nothing wrong with them, after all they are the standard. Manufactures like Case XX and Buck make wonderful hunting knifes. Most of the gun manufactures are putting there name on blades so they can increase sales by having a Remington or Smith & Wesson knife.

The material the blade is made of impacts the cost and quality of the knife. Modern stainless steels keep the knife from rusting. They hold an edge well but tend to be harder to sharpen after the factory edge wears.
The old carbon steel blade will tarnish or rust and without proper care will just become useless. They are a good reliable choice for most kitchen applications as they are washed and dried after each use. They take to sharpening with a stone or steel easily. If they are used for a hunting knife they will most likely get pitted from blood or moisture.
There are other materials for blade blanks like Damascus steel. This steel is two or more different types of steels that are folded and hammer forged and folded over and over till the many different layers make one billet. This work is beautiful but not practical for daily use.
There is the Japanese style Yakiba blade. This is a heat treatment process that uses clay to protect the back of the blade. The edge is hardened and the clay is removed. After polishing the different hardness on the blade produce a different finish. It looks great and the blades are incredible in the amount of flexing they will take without breaking. This method has been used to produce all the Samurai Swords and Tanto knifes.
Handle material makes the knife more useful. A good design handle will make the blade work better and be more effective at keeping the user from cutting themselves. Most woods make nice looking handles but need to be dried so they won't crack. Epoxy impregnated laminates are resistive to moisture and blood. They will clean up and stay good looking for the life of the knife. Antler material or bone make a poor handle and should be avoided.
Plastics will last forever but lacks in the look department.
Hand guards are made of just about everything. Brass, silver, steel. It just keeps you hand from slipping on to the blade.
Lock back blades are a must for a folding working knife.

The type of grinding make the cutting edge. The majority of knifes are flat ground. This can easily be mass produced and the finishing can follow along the same style. Hollow grinding is better and requires more skill to make and polish. They cost more also.
The finish of the blade will effect the overall looks of the knife. A satin finish may seem easy to take care of but inside those microscopic lines that hold moisture and will stain if not cared for, even if it is a stainless steel knife. A mirror finish looks great till the first scratch or chip. It is your choice some knifes have both.
There are tapered tang knifes, I think Randall was the first to make them popular. They are mostly just a different style not better or worse.
Slab style tang is the most common and is used by industry.

Multiple blade folding knifes like Swiss Army and Multi-Tool adds a new twist to the standard pocket knife but they are big and heavy.
If you have a need you must fit the knife to the task. I have seen diamond blade scalpels that go for 4,000 bucks each but they are useless for any other application.
Fit your need and fit your budget.

OP
OP
C

CAIN MKII

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi bladerunner;

It's nice to ear there's a knife maker around.;)
It would be great to have a strong knife that will embodied the viper magic with of course some nice colour match like blue with white stripes or red with white stripes.
Something closer to this iconic car than a simple promotional knife.
I think Ken Onion design style would match perfectly the curves of the GTS.

PS: Micarta is my favourite handle material. Great look, awesome feeling and it will dry xtra fast.

Last edited:

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay, so if I want a basic utility knife for basic cutting jobs (not hunting, not self defense), that won't rust, that will keep an edge well, that isn't a multitool / Swiss army knife, that is a folding knive, that has a spartan handle with no maintenance required, what would you recommend?

OP
OP
C

CAIN MKII

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay, so if I want a basic utility knife for basic cutting jobs (not hunting, not self defense), that won't rust, that will keep an edge well, that isn't a multitool / Swiss army knife, that is a folding knive, that has a spartan handle with no maintenance required, what would you recommend?

This is a difficult task. There is so many great knives out there and I don't know your taste.
This is one of my favourite:
my choice

VPR RACR

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Check out Chris Reeve's "Sebenza" folder's. Many different style and size.

Chris Reeve Knives - Sebenza Knife

IMO one of the best production knifes. :2tu:

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Thanks, JonB...shipment arrived today...the Viper knives will make GREAT gifts for our VCA Holiday Party exchange (noting that I will certainly keep a couple for us !!).

Special thanks for the "Viper" pins as well !!!!

OP
OP
C

CAIN MKII

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:) I received my viper knives today.
Very nice items, thank you Jon for your excelent service, as always.:2tu:

SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like knives also, with a prference toward bowie knives:2tu:.

One of the best sites for knives I know about is the Cuttlery Corner

Cutlery Corner is currently a major importer for many fine cutlery brands, as well as contractor for many domestic brands.

They also have a Dodge and Viper selection...
Cutlery Corner is currently a major importer for many fine cutlery brands, as well as contractor for many domestic brands.

You must be registered for see images

all three for $18.

I bought some very nice knives from them at very reasonale prices.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rmoore8950