*Viper lifts*

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I looking to purchase 2 lifts: One lift would be a 2 post lift for the Viper and Cuda and Challenger, El Camino, 39 Plymouth street rod; the other a 4 post lift for my F 350 dulley Crew cab with a 8 foot bed also for a 23 foot Scarab (to work on hull) and storage for my house.

I am looking for information, good and bad experiences with different bands that you have owned. I live in Florida (shipping from somewhat close state would help on freight). I am looking for a medium priced ones ....I don't want a piece of crap, I am looking for a good value on a quality product.

The 4 post I am looking for a siding center(maybe 2) area for jacks to lift vehicle off lift to change tires.

Thanks in advance.....

Cudaman :usa:

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cuda-Do a search. This topic has been talked about every 6 months or so...

Toby

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ward,

With whatever company you choose...I would highly recommend using commercial grade lifts with your new crib.
Also make sure the lift is engineered for what it will be used for. Some lifts are not made for "storage" and some are not made for "everyday use" as a service lift.

Here is the link to the company that many dealerships in my area use...

http://www.challengerlifts.com/

The site has a lot of good reading about the different types, quality, and applications.

Good luck!

OP
OP
C

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am NOT looking for information about group buys and getting the lowest cost on it. The info I AM looking for is:

1 year after purchasing the lift I had this kind of problem.

Their tech support was horrible.

They don't offer any kind of accessories.

Bill B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have 2 Perfect Park 7000 four post and a Eagle MX9A (9000lb)two post lift in my garage. They get frequent workouts and I'm very happy with them. I don't believe these Perfect Park lifts will not be useful for your truck as they are not heavy duty enough. If I remember correctly the Eagle HD-12X will work with your dulley.

Reaction score
OP
OP
C

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is great information and is exactly what I was looking for !
The search would not get these kind of results,ie 2 different kind of lifts, one is very heavy and has dulley set up. The other Viper type must also lift an S7 it has different lift points and 4 inches of clearance.

Thanks again for the helpful input, it is greatly appreciated and I am still looking for more information if someone has more.

Reaction score
The commercial lift suppliers test their lifts to various safety standards. I know one of the test requires cutting the cables while loaded to the max. rated capacity. :2tu:

OP
OP
C

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I assume to test load capabilities of safety catches, hopefully no one is underneath them in case a failure. :hitfan:

RoadiJeff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
There is currently a discussion on 4-post lifts over on the General Discussion forum here: 4-Post Lifts

Although it says 4-post there are messages about others. Several of them caught my eye, such as the one about the Complete Hydraulics lift. It is supposedly American made and the group buy was around $1,600 last year. I thought all of these things were over $4k and that was if you installed it yourself. I know some people will say that you get what you pay for and that they feel safer working under a $4k lift than a $2k but the Complete Hydraulics people claim they have never had one fail.

I still have details to work out for putting one in a residential garage with a 10'-4" high ceiling and a double wide garage door that currently opens at about a 7'-6" height. One garage door company says they'll have to replace the tracks so it will raise closer to the ceiling, the springs will have to be replaced and raised, the center mounted electric garage door opener can no longer be used, etc.

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I got an estimate from the garage door folks to do all of the work it was $600 to raise the track etc. I had a 12" beam so I didn't have to change the lift motor, just tracks, springs, etc.

I just went with a QuikLift which suits me fine for maintenance items, oil changes, exhaust work, undercarrige cleaning etc

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456