Viper listed in Classifieds -

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey GR,
Chuck is taking care of it for a friend and Chuck is a Viper guy! I have no doubt it is one of the nicest cars you will see.

No real differences between 2001 and 2002(minor if any), but most important to some is 2001 was the first year to come with ABS.

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gentlemen -

Anyone care to comment on this 2001 yellow RT/10 listed in the classified area of ViperClub.org? Any unforseenable problems with a 2001 RT/10 and are there any major differences between a 2001 and 2002 model year?

http://www.babelmotorsports.net/2001Viper/2001Viper.htm

Thanks
GR
Generation II cars are all the same, except for model (GTS v RT/10) & color combos, and later (01 on) ones had ABS. Good luck with your hunt. Its a lot of car for the money!

OP
OP
G

gringoray

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gentlemen -

Thank you very much. I am in contact with Chuck. We will see what happens! :)

GR

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I heard Chuck will even work on the car for you if you have any issues. What a great guy! Hurry buy it!

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Generation II cars are all the same, except for model (GTS v RT/10) & color combos, and later (01 on) ones had ABS. Good luck with your hunt. Its a lot of car for the money!

This isn't entirely true. See HERE for details on changes between years. I think a few flaws have been found on that page over time, but it's a good start.

Kelly

OP
OP
G

gringoray

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gentlemen -

This Viper has 20K miles, isn´t that tad high or is it normal and would a high mileage Viper stop you from buying? A 'light scratch' is on passenger door panel, how much would a door panal cost to replace? I´m just trying to get some ideas here before I make a decision. Thanks in advance. :)

viperdude118

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If Chuck says its a good car then it is....I remember Chuck talking about this one to me a while back at Sebring, said it was one of the cleanest cars he's seen. I would not even worry about 20k miles on a car, my 01 had 26k miles when I got it, it runs fine haven't had a single problem with it.

Ask Chuck about his miles, He'll probably agree that 20k miles is nothing! :D

By the way, where in FLA are you?

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gentlemen -

This Viper has 20K miles, isn´t that tad high or is it normal and would a high mileage Viper stop you from buying? Thanks :)

High Mileage? Thats 3,333 miles per year..... If thats high, Im not sure what to tell you...

I have a Yellow 2001 GTS. The car has been absolutely flawless. I must say, nice color choice:) . Thats car seems well documented, and he's local, for you. Go for it... I had to find my car 3,000 miles away, and pay $2k for enclosed delivery.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mileage is not an issue unless you plan on putting it in a museum. I've got 42K on my 99 and 10K of those miles are with a S/C. If taken care of, they are near bullet proof.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I flat guarantee Chuck would not get involved in advertising this car unless he knew the car well enough to recommend it. Too much downside to get involved if the car was not a good one.

OP
OP
G

gringoray

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys -

I really appreciate all the feedback. Hopefully, if and when I become a Viper owner, I will try and give back to help and advise others. I also want take this opportunity to say thanks again to Mr. Marshall, the Admins and Moderators of ViperClub.org. :2tu:

Just curious, what are your opinions on this steel grey Viper listed....

http://classifieds.viperclub.org/showproduct.php?product=78&cat=32

Last edited:
V

Venomiss

The Steel grey is nice but do you know how many owners it has had? Do you know how it has been maintained? At least with the yellow one you do since it has the original owner and sounds like all the paperwork. Chuck knows his Vipers.

And of course yellow is a great color....:D

Mary Marshall

1Need4Speed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pick the color you like the best since there are only a few to choose from between each year and go or it. :dunno:

A one owner versus several ownerships would give me more piece of mind though, IMO. My GTS was a one owner. Either way you'll be happy cruising in one.:drive:

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gentlemen -

Anyone care to comment on this 2001 yellow RT/10 listed in the classified area of ViperClub.org? Any unforseenable problems with a 2001 RT/10 and are there any major differences between a 2001 and 2002 model year?

http://www.babelmotorsports.net/2001Viper/2001Viper.htm

Thanks
GR
You still haven't found a Viper? :eek2: I thought I looked for a while. I decided I definitely wanted one in February and just found my car so it took me about 4 months to find the right car. I remember you started looking a while ago before me. I am so happy I made the move and love the car. Both of those cars look like nice cars to me. Are you looking for a specific color? You are wasting valueable driving time. You won't be sorry you got one. Here is another nice one.

http://classifieds.viperclub.org/showproduct.php?product=79&cat=32&date=1179377552

If you decide you want a GTS check out bjmotors.biz, Bernie has a ton of nice cars. Good luck with whatever you get.

OP
OP
G

gringoray

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agentf1 -

Thanks for your concern and yes, I am looking for some time now.... Hopefully soon, I can choose a Viper that is right for me.

Take care - :2tu:

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The yellow car looks great and Chuck is a VERY dependable person. I would have no issues with this car - AT ALL.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
saramartin90