Viper Loading on a Trailer "How Too"??

Achilles99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's an excellent setup! But, I already have the R hooks and regular rings on the trailer so if someone could enlighten me on how to use them that would be great :)

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hook the R hooks into the frame slots (there are two in the front and two in the rear frame rails - you will need to crawl under the rear to see them, front, look by the tire area) and strap them to the D rings being sure to criss cross the back. Put car in nutral, make strap pretty snug. Put on parking brake.

Robert

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They should go right into the frame, and when you pull tention onto them, they will kinda set into there and the moveable flap will help hold it into there until you have full tention. Once you have tention they should not move.

As for the D ring end, the other end of he strap will hook into the D ring and then you can ratchet them till they are tight.

Hope that helps!

Robert

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do remember all you are trying to do is prevent the car from moving for and aft. That is all the D ring style straps do.

If you are wanting to be able to turn the trailer upside down with the car still attached, then you need to go with the E track!! :D
Robert

Achilles99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just test fitted it, I see what you mean. I thought the weight would rest on that small "barb." However, it looks like the barb just holds it in place like you said, and the pressure is placed on the thicker center piece of metal when you tighten it.

With your etrack, where does the track actually mount to? It has be more than screwed into the wood I'm assuming. Is it bolted in several places? How many inches apart?

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The E track is bolted to the floor. The track has holes drilled on each side about 1" apart. I used every other hole on both sides and every few holes (basically every 16 inchs) were mounted into the crossmembers. On the underside of the trailer, I used a fender washer just to provide a little extra support against the plywood.

Total install time for 2 people, 2 hours.

Robert

j-rho

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Viper is close to 50/50 weight distribution so the old load-it-forward-for-tongue-weight adage doesn't really apply in an enclosed trailer. Do whichever makes it easiest to load/unload and ingress/egress, and regardless of which way you go, make sure the load is well positioned for safe and stable towing.

YellowViperSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone try using a uhaul car trailer? I am still in the market for a trailer, not sure if I will get open or enclosed yet. But if I rent a uhaul for a few days to get the car to the track may be easy, anyone use one?

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thinking back to when my buddy rented one for his race Neon, I would have to say maybe backwards (although HIGHLY not recommended for a roadster) however frontwards I would say no as the car cannot slide far enough forward (due to the tall wheel stops that will hit the airdam) to bring the back wheels onto the trailer.

I will see if I have pics of it.

Robert

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK Found a pic. Observe the front end.

IMGA0432.JPG

And the full size link: ViperClub Photo Gallery - 10 sec Neon on Uhaul

As it was with the Neon, I believe we did end up scraping the front end a little bit to get it onto the trailer. That part can be creativly bypassed, but still the trailer may be a little small.

Robert

TMan

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have only trailered my Viper once in my enclosed trailer but I always tie to the frame to limit up and down movement of the suspension. Probably doesn't make a difference on a street car, but on a race car, you will wear out your shocks towing long distances.

SkyBob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a stupid question for you guys who transport your cars in enclosed trailers. How do you get out of the car after you drive it inside? Do you leave the window down and crawl out?

Bob

DSC_0127.JPG

Achilles99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From what I've seen, yes. Some trailers have a side door built in that makes it easier. Find a nice scratch free microfiber towel to put down over the door.

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, there are two ways.

If you were smart when buying your trailer, you would pay the extra few hundred dollars and get the side escape door allowing the drivers door to swing open as it normally would, allowing you to get out normally. This is what my next trailer will have!:D:D

In the case of my trailer above, that little door never even crossed my mind. It hit me when I put the car in for the first time!:rolleyes: In answer to your question, yes, I have someone hold the door open as far as it will go without hitting the wall, then I slither (pun intended! :D) out the opening that remains. It does still require the window staying open and standing on the seat to get out (I always drive into the trailer in my sock feet so that when it is time to get out, my shoes are already off).

Hope that helps!

Robert

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi