Viper powered Jeep Wrangler

Saleen-Explorer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is an oldie, but searched and didn't find any post on it here. It was brought up again from an older thread on the Explorer board.

http://www.off-road.com/4x4web/features/1999/03/
You must be registered for see images

That has to give off a hell of alot of heat in that crammed engine bay :p , crap there must be enough torque at idle to not even have to touch the gas when rockcrawling lol.

Damn thing must take off like a rocket with 4.56 gears even on 35's.

OP
OP
S

Saleen-Explorer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bump, thought more people would be intrested about a swap like this :p

Wonder what kind of drivability or traction it has on the street with 35's and 4.56 gears.

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like it, and I'm not a big fan of trucks/jeeps.

I bet that thing would surprise the heck out of a Porsche Cayenne Turbo S!

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My DC dealer in Bavaria has done it too! I was a passenger a few days ago. You would not believe how fast the JEEP can go from 0-100 mph...

OP
OP
S

Saleen-Explorer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I didn't realize the 1st pic is of it in street form , I was wondering how he was going to drive it on the street on bead locks which are illegal for street use if I remember.

Looks like maybe 31's or 2's that he has on there for the street. Still, I'm trying to think of how he would have traction from a stop with 4.56 gears.

Could you imagine what you Viper guys would feel like driving trying to control a Viper with 4.56 gears :eek:
You must be registered for see images

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just put a chevy 454 or 502 crate motor in it, more bang less buck

Less buck maybe, but hardly as exotic.

That V10 looks great in there.

A friend of mine has a jeep with all the offroad fruit and that thing is unbelievable what it can climb - on the right surface it will climb until the front lifts and literally would flip if you didn't back off and roll backwards.... simply the best climbing vehicle I've been in. With a 500ft/lb V10 in there it'd be truly frightening offroad with the diff locks on in low range. I like it.

Anyway - what dipstick would put a Chevy in a Jeep when an Mopar Indy wedge or crate 528 Ray Barton Hemi would keep the Mopar theme and make the GM look like the truck engine it really is. Any good 440 will see off an equivalent 454 if you know what to do.... I've never seen a properly built 440 get beat by an equivalent 454 unless the Chevy had way more money thrown at it.... and they are far more likely to throw a leg out of bed just when you are counting on them too.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte