Viper powered SRT-10 Ram

Ramman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With the RAM SRT-10 being a close connection to the car I think we need to have a Ram SRT-10 section. I have been told that my Black Ram SRT-10 is in build status and it will look great next to my black Viper SRT-10. Dose anyone else think that it would be nice to have a forum for discussions on the viper powered Ram.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Check with your Dealer if the truck is in D or D1 status , as they just started getting picked up a few days ago ( they have been on a delay status ). We have one that has gotten picked up, but if the vehicle is in BX it only signifies the truck can be built , but no date has been set. Hope this helps and good luck.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe someone should start a Dodge truck website if one does not already exist. But just because it has a Viper engine and transmission does not make it a Viper. There is an SRT specific site for all PVO products.

I see too much truck and SUV stuff in the magazines. I do not need to see it here too.

Viper Ram

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"But just because it has a Viper engine and transmission does not make it a Viper" That certainly is true. Some of us had to make a choice between a used Viper or a New Viper Powered Ram with a warranty. My new truck may not be a Viper, but it will have the heart of a Viper, and I'll be just as proud of it. I'll enjoy it, appreciate the power and look forward to the day that I can add a Viper to my garage to keep it company.

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
See the members only section on this board- you can only get one if you sign up for the raffle and are 1 of the 50 who get selected to be given the option to buy 1.

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Actually,

This is a good thread to hijack:

Should SRT Ram owners be offered associate memberships to our VCA?

Keep this in mind:

Associate Memberships include some...but not all.. of our VCA offerings

Are Cayenne owners allowed to join PCA?

Tony R, Jay,

Can we start a poll on this?

YouWish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Srt-10 Ram in the VCA? Please...what is Viper club coming to if this happens? Might as well let the Stealth boys join the VCA because they have the same rear-view mirrors on there rides as we do.

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I remember correctly, there is no National Associate Membership available, only regional. When we have had enthusiasts that wished to join in the past, we were told it was to maintain exclusivity for Viper owners.

A new National Associate Membership would have to be created. My guess is that truck owners will want their own club with FULL benefits. I see no harm in allowing them into the VCA, but I don't think many would join as an "associate".....

My $.02

Marv S

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Other than motor and trans, and some labels what is "Viper" on the SRT-RAM?

Brakes?
Differential?
Shifter?
Ind. Suspension?

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If they have a bog, flickering lights and 'smart-glass' I say let em in. I heard they will have 22" Viper style wheels. Can't be the suspension.

Butcher

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You guys & gals oughta' be grateful. If it was'nt for the RAM p/u, you wouldn'nt have a drive train for your "Crown Jewels" :eek: But hey I guess you could always slap a good ole' 426 HEMI & Torqueflite in a VIPER couldn't you? ;)

Butcher

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Right on brother! Oh you forgot to mention that the spoiler is there for a reason, You know, to keep it stable
@ the 150mph mark :headbang: :2tu: Some people just don't get it :confused:

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You guys & gals oughta' be grateful. If it was'nt for the RAM p/u, you wouldn'nt have a drive train for your "Crown Jewels" :eek: But hey I guess you could always slap a good ole' 426 HEMI & Torqueflite in a VIPER couldn't you? ;)

Yet another misonception. Lamborghini did a lot of the development work on the original V10 using only a couple of small parts from the truck motor. It is a completely different engine.

But thanks for slapping us with incorrect information.

Phoenix SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Ram boys should have a forum, of course. Just not this one. Vipers are sports cars and this is a place to discuss Vipers. Rams are trucks. Fast trucks, perhaps, but trucks nonetheless and they don't really belong here.

Regarding the Cayenne and the PCA. I don't know if Cayenne ownership entitles one to be in the PCA, but my guess is that it does. And that makes sense. The PCA is a club for Porshce owners in general and the Cayenne is a Porshce; if you own one, then you own a Porsche and it wouldn't make any sense to refuse membership. If, for example, there was a 911 Owners Club of America, its a different story. It wouldn't make sense to admit Cayenne owners to the 911 OCA because, well, they don't own a 911. That doesn't seem like rocket science.

By the same token, this forum and the VCA is for Viper owners in particular, not Dodge owners in general. That is why it is call the Viper Club of America and not the Dodge Club of America.

The Ram SRT is kind of a neat vehicle and its owners deserve a club and a forum. Just not the VCA and this forum.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We welcome associate members in our regional club and one of our "regulars" is indeed a Lotus Espirit owner (gorgeous car). If somebody wants to join the regional club with a Pinto they are welcome to do so, they just need to pay the dues and abide by the club rules.

As to creating a Ram section, I am with Phoenix SRT in his reasoning. The Ram SRT-10 is an awesome truck with one wicked engine. However, it is not a Viper in any other way, shape or form. They share no body parts and they share few of the same racing venues. Will you see any of these at Viper Days track events? Unlikely. Even engine mods might be different, at least as far as externals go: The engine compartments of the two vehicles are completely different - what headers work on a Ram will probably be different than those that would work on a Viper. Same for supercharger systems, etc.

As I said originally, we welcome associate members of any type and would be absolutely THRILLED with some Ram SRT's in our local club. Just understand that the Ram SRT is not a Viper in any way, shape, or form. Full members of the Viper Club of America? I simply don't see the reasoning.

OutThere

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Every VCA national officer should just listen to whatever Chris & Janni suggests... and move on. You'd be a lot better off.

Phoenix SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess the rest of us should have our posting priveges revoked so that we don't clutter up the board with drivel. Come on. Chris and Janni are good people to be sure, and frequently (usually?) have good things to say, but to suggest that they are the only ones on the board whose posts are worth the effort it takes to read is a bit much.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree whole heartedly with Phoenix. 'Tis a truck, not a sports car. Next thing you will want the Neon as it shares the SRT name. Not!

I can just imagine the next "*** down" (renamed VOI). Questions such as "did that gun rack come with your truck" and such instead of "are those speakers?" :)

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess the rest of us should have our posting priveges revoked so that we don't clutter up the board with drivel. Come on. Chris and Janni are good people to be sure, and frequently (usually?) have good things to say, but to suggest that they are the only ones on the board whose posts are worth the effort it takes to read is a bit much.

Phoenix - Not to worry, OutThere is just trying to **** up for another drive in my SRT - and what guy in his right mind wouldn't try to flatter a beautiful female Viper owner that tracks her car (Janni)? As soon as he finds out that Janni is married to a Viper bruiser and then gets another drive in my SRT, he will be back to his ornery old self. ;) Note that I simply echoed your excellent points in my post. Just longer winded. I vote to revoke my posting privileges to save on the eyes and leave you and Janni to post... :D

Oh, and my REAL guess as to his message is that Janni and I are both Regional Presidents and theoretically have the attention of the national board. Theoretically.

Frank 03SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, even though they don't have much more than the engine to share, I think most people will say, "There goes the Viper truck!" So it is a cousin, BUT I agree, not a kissin' cousin.

Butcher

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry the reply is a little late but...
I didn't mean to "Slap Ya" or the "Crown Jewels", which by the way are AWESOME cars, but it's the oldest Hot Rodders trick in the book (Just ask John Force or maybe Carroll Shelby). Truck drive train in a light car, get it? Torque + horsepower= speed! And aerodynamics for good measure!
I'm surprised though, you seem to be a person of corporate understanding. Would D/C develop a engine, transmission combination for a high $$$ car, to sell to a limited # of customers, OR to put into a vehicle as in; A TRUCK, to make $$$ to develop something else that the average Hot Rodder could purchase to make her or his own? Cudos to mgmt. to contact Lamborghini ( did I spel it rite?) to ask, "Hey we need some help." Just like they did with Mitshubishi i.e:
PLYMOUTH LASER, DODGE STEALTH, & God forbid the EAGLE TALON ALL WHL DRV TURBO!
Like the ole' saying goes, "Can't We all just get along?!"

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry the reply is a little late but...
I didn't mean to "Slap Ya" or the "Crown Jewels", which by the way are AWESOME cars, but it's the oldest Hot Rodders trick in the book (Just ask John Force or maybe Carroll Shelby). Truck drive train in a light car, get it? Torque + horsepower= speed! And aerodynamics for good measure!
I'm surprised though, you seem to be a person of corporate understanding. Would D/C develop a engine, transmission combination for a high $$$ car, to sell to a limited # of customers, OR to put into a vehicle as in; A TRUCK, to make $$$ to develop something else that the average Hot Rodder could purchase to make her or his own? Cudos to mgmt. to contact Lamborghini ( did I spel it rite?) to ask, "Hey we need some help." Just like they did with Mitshubishi i.e:
PLYMOUTH LASER, DODGE STEALTH, & God forbid the EAGLE TALON ALL WHL DRV TURBO!
Like the ole' saying goes, "Can't We all just get along?!"

Janni may have been a little tough on you, but the cast iron truck V-10 was to heavy, so Dodge did the right thing, they did do the "wrong corporate thing" and spent a bunch of $$$'s developing the aluminum V-10 for the '92 Viper only, they did it again in '96 with a second Viper only aluminum V-10, and again in '03.... but this time they decided to "share the love", and the Ram SRT and four door Ram SRT's (Family truckster?) are the result.

Lambo did very little work on the Gen I V-10, basically helped in the blocks casting design due to experience in aluminum casting. Marketing made a big deal of it, but it really was very minor... sort of miffed the folks that really did all the work.

We can all get along, we just want to make sure not to confuse anyone with incorrect information ;)

p.s. Carroll put the 260 small block out of the Ford Fairlane in the Cobra. The Ford trucks had 223 cubic inch straight six's in them......

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Qdog