Viper Production Numbers

jlewis3323

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is there a source that lists the number of Vipers produced by year, model, options, colors?

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
I also have one, however, I'm in talks with the leadership to help bring the IVR current. Stay tuned, hopefully in the days to come we can bring 2008-2013 current

dru282

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My only thing with the numbers provided here is like on my 99 gts. My vin# is one past what they say was the last vin. I would love to know how that is. I am sure they have done the best they can with what dodge provided but I am still curious of the accuracy. I would like as in 99 for this club to change the numbers when shown the discrepency. So far after a year of notifying them it still shows the same. Again I know its difficult to be exact on those numbers but I wish they would update them when shown the error.

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
My 1999 List has VIN's from XV501033 thru XV505392. Lots of gaps in the list for 1999. I only have 1244 VIN's in my list, I might be 1 short

Last edited:

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
So question for those that like to see numbers...

What are you looking for when it comes to production totals?

The reason I ask is, as I do my research I can document what your interests are and when the VCA is ready, I can get that info to Greg

Thanks
Vj

dru282

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Like my Vin is 3947. The registry says the last one is 3946. I would like to know if there may be some more out there or mat mine be the last. It's not for money it's just more for curiosity of the numbers. I am also an avid vette collector and the amount of dates and codes are amazing. I am sure with the limited production and the style of build such info may be near impossible to ascertain but I would like an opinion on how my number could be higher than what the registry says was the last one. Also there is some asterisks such as cars for retail. Does that mean mine may have been for another purpose. I would just like to be able to get all info possible or where we have a discrepancy that can be verified the stats need to be updated. Again I do appreciate all the info so far listed. It is helpful and I am sure was a lot of work.

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
Jay did an amazing amount of work. Anyone that has ever taken on the task of documenting build information knows just how hard it is.

Only Jay can answer with any certainty why things are listed the way they are.

I have not compiled the data I have for 1999 yet and it may be some time before I do. The latest VIN in the run that I show as a "1999 DODGE VIPER GTS Coupe" is XV505391, so there are a number of Vipers between yours and the latest one. We also have to take in to consideration that Vipers are not always built in VIN order. I show VIN ....3947 with a build date of 06/30/1999 and I show VIN XV505391 with a build date of 09/21/1999. Not sure that answers your question and I don't have all the build dates for 1999 to show an appropriate build sequence, well, simply because at this point there is no reason to obtain them.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Data on Viper build numbers has been off as long as I can remember.
Even in 2010 with a very limited amount of cars built particularly ACR's they didn't get the count and color combos right.

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
Data on Viper build numbers has been off as long as I can remember.
Even in 2010 with a very limited amount of cars built particularly ACR's they didn't get the count and color combos right.

Can't argue that...

I have 510 (based on documented VIN's)

dru282

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Please understand I was not unappreciative of all the work already done and ongoing. I know it can be very frustrating and time consuming. I appreciate the little info you have just given me. Every little bit helps. Thanks again.

dru282

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just for your info Jeff. My date shows July but with your build of june 30 may be right on. Again appreciate your info.

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
Please understand I was not unappreciative of all the work already done and ongoing. I know it can be very frustrating and time consuming. I appreciate the little info you have just given me. Every little bit helps. Thanks again.

Never took it that way at all, so all is good.

I at times am as frustrated as you. Not only with the incomplete data out there, but just how hard it can be to change something that's been in place for years. In fact, it's is damn near impossible. However, let me just offer this. If there is some specific information your looking for and it's something I have, I will share it

Vj

dru282

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I appreciate that. I certainly won't hesitate. Thanks again

OP
OP
J

jlewis3323

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have found more detailed information by going directly to Dodge concerning the options, codes and build dates. They were quite helpful in providing a print out with specific data on my 2000 Viper GTS. They actually called me to follow up with getting information from me on my address, date of purchase and mileage as they stated they were working to maintain current ownership data on Vipers. Thanks for your help. :drive: