Viper Supercharger Kits.....

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Starting Wednesday, September 25th, we will begin taking orders for the second production run of Viper Supercharger systems. This complete mail order kit is for 1996 - 2002 GTS and 1997 - 2002 RT/10 models only.

The kit, pictured below, features:
- Autorotor Twin Screw (positive displacement) Supercharger available in polished or black anodized finish. Self contained oiling system, no lines to run or holes to drill. Low drag unit does not require the crankshaft hub to be keyed.
- New CNC machined intake manifold.
- 10 high flow Bosch fuel injectors.
- New fuel rails and lines at the engine.
- Eaton bypass valve mounted to the manifold increases efficiency under part throttle loads.
- Air intake system to deliver the air from the throttle bodies to the Supercharger.
- Drive support with idler pulley.
- Longer serpentine belt.
- Stainless steel mounting hardware.
- 10 new Bosch spark plugs.
- All necessary gaskets, silicone hoses, clamps, etc for installation.
- No fuel system changes required.
- No special belt or maintenance required.
- Low boost system yields 25-30% gain at the rear wheels.
- Compatible with other types of upgrades (headers, roller rockers, etc).
- 1 year unlimited mileage warranty.
- Complete color photo instructions included for do it yourself installation. Can easily be installed in 1 day.

Priced at $6,995.00 plus S&H. No tax for sales outside of Florida.

sides.jpg

The first run of kits began shipping last week with the remaining systems going out the first half of October. The entire first run was pre-sold.

The second run will be available in approximately mid December. We have already ordered another 50 Superchargers from Sweden for the second batch.

We will be taking orders at VOI and over the telephone, starting this coming Wednesday (please do not call Monday or Tuesday as we will be preparing for VOI). A $500 refundable deposit will be required to secure your order. We accept, Mastercard, Visa, Amex and check. Please specify polished or black finish at the time of your order.

If attending VOI, stop by and see or display units. Be sure and ask for a dyno sheet and set of installation instructions (50 sets of instructions, first come first served).

Our telephone # is (904) 733-5469, dial ext 2, followed by the # sign to place your order.

Sean

Motor City Mad Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sean, my Viper will go into hibernation in a month and a half or so and not come out until March most likely due to me living up in this God forsaken Michigan. Will a third batch be out by March or so and in what quantities? I don't want to buy the kit too early and not be able to drive it with snow on the roads.

Also, do you have a dyno sheet without the roller rockers? I think I have about the same mods as you before you put in the 1.7 roller rockers. Just want to know about how many HP I will add given my mods listed below. I have about 436 rwhp right now and I think you had around 440 or so with similar mods to mine when you started. Also, how many HP do the 70 mm throttle bodies add? Those are not a part of your kit though, correct?

OP
OP
S

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Sean,

Yes, we plan to build more after this next run and will eventually have a few on the shelf. I can understand not wanting to spend the money on a part just to have it sit on the shelf over the winter (I lived in Ontario for two years).

Regarding the dyno sheet, yes. I think I posted it at some point. Our website server is still down and that's where the image was hosted. From memory, the car with smooth tubes, filters, stock TB's, 1&3/4" primary headers, cat back exhaust and stock rockers made 559-564 RWHP and 594-600 RWTQ.

Right now, the car is making 600 RWHP and 612 RWTQ (1.7 rockers and 70 mm TB's added to above combination). When we get a chance after VOI, we're going to take off the 70's and see how much it drops. I believe the 70's are beneficial with the other parts combined, but am not sure of the exact amount yet.

We're also going to get back to work on the emissions certification. We have to get our open loop warm up data together.

In late October / November, we will start increasing the boost. Now that we have an efficient package, with good intake and exhaust, it's time to add boost. We have some test pulleys being made. The manager of Autorotor flew in this past Wednesday for a visit and gave us a few more ideas to add power also.

Sean

<FONT COLOR="#ff0000" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">This message has been edited by Sean Roe on 09-23-2002 at 05:38 AM</font>

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Definitely would be interested in a Gen I super charger as well.

Really looks like a nice kit and Great Price too!!

Ed

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dr E:
How much boost is this setup running?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
5 psi

LETHAL GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sean,
I am also a GEN 1 owner who would be very interested in your great looking (and great performing of coarse) upgrade for my 94 RT/10.
Any thoughts on something like this for the future??
TJ

OP
OP
S

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
A Gen 1 kit is still a possibility. We just have to figure out a way to move the alternator.
We'll try to work on it in the winter, when things calm down.

Here's a small picture of a black one (our website server is still down).

Viper-SC1.jpg

Sean

<FONT COLOR="#ff0000" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">This message has been edited by Sean Roe on 09-23-2002 at 04:58 PM</font>

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Marc, Sean may be offline due to VOI but if you look at one of Seans posts and click on search you will find answers to most of your questions. It is good reading to see the stages of development of the s/c from the beginning. ta