Viper Tech taking car home, hopes to duplicate squeak

nazology

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stopped by my dealer today, met with the Viper tech there, filled her up with gas and gave him the go ahead to take the car home with him in hopes to duplicate the squeaking noise from the engine which seems to happen after a couple minutes of driving. Im just hoping he can hear the noise and find out the cause of it as I like driving my car rain or sunshine.

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
oh man.....I would have driven the car myself while he sat there and had him listen to the squeak....Not saying he will do anything wrong but I wouldn't trust anyone with my Viper especially since he hasn't spent a single dollar to buy the car so I'm sure he wont' be as careful as you would be!

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I give you lots of credit, I would never let anyone take my car home with them.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
id trust tator but anyone else...NO WAY.

why not just take him to the spot where the noise always happens for you. then he'd hear it

twinturbo3150

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Heck I'll move to chicago, and be your viper tech, You have a big pair of brass BALLS to leave your viper with somebody. just my .02 :shocked:

OP
OP
N

nazology

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The way I look at it, its just a car when it comes down to it, thats the bottom line. I want the problem resolved and he was a nice guy who I have spoken to before. He is hired by the company that built the car so I trust he will use his better judgement when driving the car. I wouldn't say im desperate to get it done but if this is what it takes, its fine by me. I would like to keep my attention on him Diagnosing the problem and fixing it, wish me luck.

twinturbo3150

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The way I look at it, its just a car when it comes down to it, thats the bottom line. I want the problem resolved and he was a nice guy who I have spoken to before. He is hired by the company that built the car so I trust he will use his better judgement when driving the car. I wouldn't say im desperate to get it done but if this is what it takes, its fine by me. I would like to keep my attention on him Diagnosing the problem and fixing it, wish me luck
I understand you completely, and you probably knew that you would get some hazing about this issue. But anyway good luck and hope he resolves the issue without emptying your full tank ;)

2BADD 4U

Enthusiast
Reaction score
oh man.....I would have driven the car myself while he sat there and had him listen to the squeak....Not saying he will do anything wrong but I wouldn't trust anyone with my Viper especially since he hasn't spent a single dollar to buy the car so I'm sure he wont' be as careful as you would be!

DITTO

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
cause a "cetified viper tech" is certainly capable of driving this car. yeah right..lol

i have seen too many "viper techs" that i would NEVER let change the oil in my car without adult supervision, let alone take MY car home.

i obviously wish no harm and hope it all works out for ya. im just lucky to have tator so close by.

OP
OP
N

nazology

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let me also say this. Its not like when you take your car in and say " This is making noise" or "This is a problem" that they just take your word for it. They always take it for a ride. It honestly does not bother me. Thanks for the good luck though.

Flexx91

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The way I look at it, its just a car when it comes down to it, thats the bottom line. I want the problem resolved and he was a nice guy who I have spoken to before. He is hired by the company that built the car so I trust he will use his better judgement when driving the car. I wouldn't say im desperate to get it done but if this is what it takes, its fine by me. I would like to keep my attention on him Diagnosing the problem and fixing it, wish me luck

I would be a "nice guy" too if I had the opportunity to drive and better yet, take one home for the night (that's if I didn't already own one).

Wouldn't be surprised to see your car parked outside of one of the local strip clubs. :cool:

Bo knows

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This doesn't sound like a good idea to me. An awful lot of Viper horror stories start out with a scenario just like this. I hope this works out OK for you.

Bo

Viperlady

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viper tech took mine for a test ride and ditched it. They made it right, but still pain in a**. Never again, none the less take it home.

I guess I'm a little more protective of mine.

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Mine would pass emission test, so i took it to the dealer and wanted them to fix the sensor that was causing it to fail OBDII. When I stopped to check on the car later he informed me that its fixed and i owe him 19.95 for the emission test and $5.00 for the gas that they put in the car because it was low!!!

I almost crapped my pants.
I said "well i should thank you but i can't help wondering why you never called me to ask if i wanted you to take my car for a emissions test? Also then stop and put gas in it because you were low? I ended up paying for the charges and left. I'm surprised they didn't run it through a car wash on their way to the e-check station because it was dirty.........

viperdrummer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd let my tech take it to the beach cause I know, if anything he would treat it better than me but I am lucky--we have a great tech.

OP
OP
N

nazology

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"ulllose" classic post, pretty funny haha, Anyway, back to the business at hand. He took it to his house and back, and total of 26 miles, once he got home the noise started he checked it out and bingo, Cracked Hose,what was needed was a Vacuum-repair.

Service sheet says as follows: 25011800 Hose Assembly, Emission Control, Vacuum-Repair

He then checked visually all vacuum hoses and eletrical conections. So it worked out as I expected. No Horror story, no nothing. Peace.

SRTJOE

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Did you ever see the movie Ferris Bueller's Day Off? :eek: Good luck!

Not only that but I can't believe that the service manager agreed to this. :confused:

Kelly06

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think you did the right thing. I had to have a porsche tech take my car to trace down a coolant leak. Fully bonded and approved by the dealership. But even if the previous doesn't apply, the guy works on vipers all day, probably has had his fill of the power and performance of the viper and is doing you a good turn. Let us know the outcome. :2tu: :usa:

kmg99

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Let the Tech drive it home. The last thing he/she wants to do is damage your car on an overnight. If damaged, all parts and repair time will be at the tech's expense.

Phil

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have to say you are brave as well!!! Lucky nothing happen to your car. But I wasn't so fortunate back then with my 98 GTS where my dealership crashed it. You can read the story from my previous post if you like. But after that, no way I will even let any of them drive it at all. Any test drive gotta have me as the driver.

Daniel Cragin/DC Performance Inc

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I understand your concerns, I was a Viper Tech for ten years before I started my own company. I will tell you, the customers that trusted me were given the abosolute best service. I never abused a car and did my utmost to satisfy them. I gave everyone the same service, but would not bother to drive a customers car home if they had doubts. If you trust this tech, he will do his best.

The squeek you describe may be a front exhaust hanger noise. It tends to go away once the car has some miles.

Dan Cragin
DC Performance Inc.
310-841-6995