Viper Trailers

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am looking at investing into a enclosed car trailer for the Viper. I have pretty much heard all good things about Haulmark, so I will most likely stay with them. My only question is, will a Vipers front facia scrape on most trailer ramps, or do Vipers need specific trailer brands?

In my warped mind, I figure that I can jack up the front end of the trailer thus providing a lower slope at the rear.

If it helps, I am looking at a trailer in the 28 -30 foot range.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Robert

wastntim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's a pretty long trailer. You will need a serious tow vehicle. Just have an extended ramp door put on and you shouldn't have a problem. Remember if you are going to put the car in the trailer without it being hooked up, you will likley need rear supports to extend to keep the trailer from tipping up.

Here is a pic of my trailer. My car is lowered so that I am about 3 1/2" off the ground on the front. I have to put down 2 12" 2x8 because my car is so low, but they are no big deal. The trailer was built for a gen III which was not as low as mine. Had the extended flap been 6" longer I wouldn't have had to use the two boards.
IMG_0113.JPG

IMG_0105.JPG

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 22' Haulmark that was originally used to haul my then Superbird...it now hauls around a '72 Plymouth..and the Viper.

I added an extension to the ramp door about 4' long. I used the existing hinge. Viper clears fine. I also installed ramps inside that raises the car a couple inches for better escape door to car door clearance and better access to tie it down.

If you get a trailer...make sure the back end is "beavertailed", and get an escape door put in...measured for your car. It will make sure the car is centered in the right place when parked. They will likely want a measurement from the back of the driver's door to the rear bumper.

Last edited:

pteam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
wastntim,

How much did that trailer cost you? Did it come with the pull out ramps in the pic? Also why are there ramps once inside the trailer? Wouldnt just having a flat floor be better or is it because of the wheel wells or something?

OP
OP
M

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am figuring on a longer trailer as it will be used for more than just the Viper. I am thinking along the lines of 60's C bodies as well. Plus by the time you have a work bench in the front, space for newly accuried parts, etc, that should be about right.

As for tow vehicle, no issues! Custom built 1980 W350 Dually Crew Cab Twin Turbo (550 hp/1200 ft/lb) Diesel Ram with 24 speed trans! :)

Robert

wastntim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wastntim,

How much did that trailer cost you? Did it come with the pull out ramps in the pic? Also why are there ramps once inside the trailer? Wouldnt just having a flat floor be better or is it because of the wheel wells or something?

I actually bought my trailer used. I don't know how much it cost originally. the ramps inside raise the car up to avoid the wheel wells. I have seen other trailer that actually raise up a little higher and the ramps are open on the sides. This allows for storage under the ramps for tires, etc. That and adding a winch in case of mechanical breakdown are the two things that I would add if I was starting from scratch.

2001 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 28ft Pace with the extended ramp...

You must be registered for see images attach

tbsviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ramp is one issue but best advice is the escape door when you spec the trailer so you can enter and exit viper when you load and unload the trailer! ;)

JACKED DADDY

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I Have A Brand New 2008 Elite Falcone That I Had Built For My Viper. It Has Every Option You Can Think Of. 26 Feet Long, Escape Door, Cabinets, Winch, Extra Long Ramp, 21k To Build Buy It For 17 K. Dennis 908 770-1575 I Can Send Pics

past ohio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Buying a trailer is like looking for a good woman....you have to decide what things you want, I definitely feel that a winch is invaluable for loading and unloading....IF you plan to pull it a lot, and great distances, look at buying an all aluminum for less weight to pull...exit door would be nice but I have never had one, I have a coated-cable up near the top and when I want to get out of my car I reach up and pull up on the cable to get out, as to the drop rear ramp, usually 2 - 2 X 12 in boards about 2 foot long slide under the ramp and add enough of a slope to not scrape the front of the car....I also usually try to load and unload the car "in an uphill " manner, and I also have put down a line of black electrical tape on the floor so I can walk alongside the car when I operate the winch to always position the car centered in the trailer ....just my $.02....good luck...

mygpw

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am figuring on a longer trailer as it will be used for more than just the Viper. I am thinking along the lines of 60's C bodies as well. Plus by the time you have a work bench in the front, space for newly accuried parts, etc, that should be about right.

As for tow vehicle, no issues! Custom built 1980 W350 Dually Crew Cab Twin Turbo (550 hp/1200 ft/lb) Diesel Ram with 24 speed trans! :)

Robert
I would love to see photo's of that W350:2tu:

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
HaulMark and Pace are good but many consider the FEATHERLITE the top of the line. You kind of get what you pay for. The Pace 24 I had required the dealer tech to add a ramp extension to clear the splitter. It worked well for not rubbing the bottom of the facia while driving it on. Much better to do than useing those cheesy boards that some use. With the market the way it is now, I would go used and name your price. There are a lot of tricked out units out there with hardly any use.

OP
OP
M

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What great responses! This is awesome!

mygpw

I will have to look and see what photos I have that can be posted. I am in the final days of the resoration so the pics don't look like much.....

VIPER GTSR 91

What a great idea as well regarding used trailers. My question is then, where can I find used ones for sale?? Is there a Auto trader for trailers (trailer trader)?

Thanks!

Robert

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Scotty-tnt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I purchased a TPD trialer. Featherlight is awesome, but pricey. The thing that got me to buy the TPD was it sat at the lot for two years in Seattle rain. When I opened the trailer, there was not one sign of rust and was still new.
I have the tripple axel 24' and it will hold two motorcyles side by side in the front and the Viper at the rear.

My two cents...

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How about uncovered trailers? I mean those big box trailers are expensive. Does anyone use a simple but effective uncovered trailer? :)

Jerz Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I use an open trailer and I love it, for my needs. I even use my open trailer to go to Home Depot to pick up lumber, or trees, mulch etc, it's easy to load because its low to the ground.

Last year three of us from NJ trailered our Vipers out to Detroit for the Belle Ilse event, see photos.

I mounted a winch and tool box on mine. In the picture you'll notice one of the guys had an aluminum trailer, which is nice because they are lighter(better fuel mileage) and they don't rust.

Belle_Isle_Detroit_2007_3821.jpg

Belle_Isle_Detroit_2007_3811.jpg

Belle_Isle_Detroit_2007_3981.jpg

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I use an open trailer and I love it, for my needs. I even use my open trailer to go to Home Depot to pick up lumber, or trees, mulch etc, it's easy to load because its low to the ground.

Last year three of us from NJ trailered our Vipers out to Detroit for the Belle Ilse event, see photos.

I mounted a winch and tool box on mine. In the picture you'll notice one of the guys had an aluminum trailer, which is nice because they are lighter(better fuel mileage) and they don't rust.

Belle_Isle_Detroit_2007_3821.jpg

Belle_Isle_Detroit_2007_3811.jpg

Belle_Isle_Detroit_2007_3981.jpg

Would I need to get a Dodge Truck instead of the Ford I was looking at???? :rolaugh:

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How about uncovered trailers? I mean those big box trailers are expensive. Does anyone use a simple but effective uncovered trailer? :)

Yes. I built this myself, works like a Sloan Kwikload, and has a modified sleeper box bolted to the front for storage. It pulls like a dream.

18SRT_trailer.jpg

OP
OP
M

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
mygpw,

I hope this is the type of pic you asked for. Again it is not much to look at yet, but the twin turbo beast already lies beneath the sheetmetal!;):drive:

As you can see, my trailer does not work for the Viper!:rolaugh::D Hence the reason this thread was started...:rolleyes:

Robert

Last edited:

mygpw

Viper Owner
Reaction score
mygpw,

I hope this is the type of pic you asked for. Again it is not much to look at yet, but the twin turbo beast already lies beneath the sheetmetal!;):drive:

As you can see, my trailer does not work for the Viper!:rolaugh::D Hence the reason this thread was started...:rolleyes:

Robert

Coooool, was wondering if it was an old Air Force crew cab. Road in those a few times. Is that white color above and what color lower half ?:headbang:

VENUM INJECTION

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just bought a Pace Rallye for my Viper. It is 8.5x 24. Which I just did primarily for resale. I put the 36" ramp extention, a metal gap flap for between the ramp and trailor, LED light package larger 46" side door, a weight distributing hitch, 3500# axcels. It comes with brake assist. I paid right at 10000 with tax and all. I would suggest if you dont have pulling issues you get the 5000# axcel. My H2 wud not pull the weight. Anyway good luck.