Viper Tuner East Coast?

avijay

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I live in Richmond VA and have a 96 GTS, may want to go the supercharged route, who's the best installer & tuner close by? Thanks!

TRACKDAY

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I previously used Dyno Tuned Performance (DTP), located in Chesapeake when I lived in Virginia Beach.

They performed a lot of engine and suspension work on my Challenger SRT8 a few years ago.

They're very knowledgeable, fair, and reputable.

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I previously used Dyno Tuned Performance (DTP), located in Chesapeake when I lived in Virginia Beach.

They performed a lot of engine and suspension work on my Challenger SRT8 a few years ago.

They're very knowledgeable, fair, and reputable.

DTP has a great track record for the SRT 8 community, not so much Viper wise. That being said I had an appointment for them to tune the Viper, software provided etc. Middle of the day I show up for my appointment, doors locked, nobody home. I hang around for a bit. Same thing. Needless to say this is a common practice of theirs to take extended lunches and miss out on business, not the first time it happened. Now if I had an SRT8 or Chevy they would be all over it because it is easy money for them to just bolt some parts on and do a quick tune. They won't get a dime of my money again.

On a side note does Tom Sessions tune the Roe setup?

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well my car needs a tune. I would like to tune it next year or I can wait till 2015 when I am in Florida. But I prefer next year.

Headed to Florida next? I heard you guys had baby, is this correct? If so, congratulations to you guys!

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Headed to Florida next? I heard you guys had baby, is this correct? If so, congratulations to you guys!

Yep. We have a 7 month old. I am on orders to leave RI in May and be in Virginia for a year or so, then down to Florida in Jacksonville (Watch out Sean Roe, I'm looking for a tune :) )

uvbnbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I cant remember if you have a VEC. If you have ability to log some pulls, you can send Sean the files and he can make some adjustments to re-load.

uvbnbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah I have a vec 3 and Sean has done that fir me but it needs a good in person tune. Plus I think I really need to move the o2 to the collectors.

you running a bit rich? 11-12.5 at normal driving? I moved my O2's to collector and made a huuuuuuuge difference.

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you running a bit rich? 11-12.5 at normal driving? I moved my O2's to collector and made a huuuuuuuge difference.

Holy cow, not that rich. Normal driving I'm at 13.7 or so, definite low low 14 to mid 13's. Did you throw a CEL moving the o2's? What headers do you have? I have M&M headers on there. This may be a winter project for me then.

uvbnbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was obviously having some "issues" in the 5/6 cylinders I suppose. I have B & B's. You can make the move easy with O2 wiring extensions or preferably splice in about 112-15" of sensor wire. Tator recommends the splice due to extra connections can/may affect readings from sensor to PCM. either way, I'm pleased with results I've had by the move. I think there is a "how-to" on here. Do the M&M already have a **** location?

I also have quite a nice VEC set-up/tuning tutorial from a former contributor to this forum.

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah I got the tutorials from you if I'm not mistaken but I'm not comfortable messing with timing. While I do have enough if I blow the motor to build it I don't want to get crazy.

The M&M have the **** in the 3rd tube, they are essentially belangers without the logo.

uvbnbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree. I don't like messing with a whole lot of variables either. I think mine could be tweeked a bit too, but......

no **** in the collector though? I think I still have a PM with a link to info on the sensor extension wires if you need it.