Viper vs. Ford GT crash in Katy (Houston), TX yesterday

Whoaa GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just talked to a friend of mine who was truckin' out of Houston, TX yesterday. He witnessed a Blue Viper racing a Red Ford GT going west on I 10 (near Katy)and coming out of Houston roughly 5PM on Wednesday Sept 20th. He said the two were racing in and out of hurricane Rita departure traffic when after too many "bobs and weaves", they met and crashed. The Viper was on the highway with damage including missing his hood and the red GT was far off I 10 in the ditch.

Anyone know anymore about this incident ??????

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
He said the two were racing in and out of hurricane Rita departure traffic when after too many "bobs and weaves", they met and crashed.

Yeah, good spot to street race. They're too stupid to own cars.

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How can you even do that? Must not have been to much traffic if there was room to weave. I would have been picturing stop dead traffice like in the movie Asteroid.

AC

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<< He said the two were racing in and out of hurricane Rita departure traffic when after too many "bobs and weaves", they met and crashed. >>

There is a twist in the story i wasnt expecting. :rolleyes:

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I gotta agree. Something just doesnt ring true. I've seen some of the departure traffic on CNN, and noone, including Viper or GT people, are bobbing and weaving out of anything. If I was trying to escape from a hurricane, the last thing on my mind would be proving my superiority to a Ford.

OP
OP
W

Whoaa GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You know, if this story came from a local bar or ?? I may doubt it too. When you get a call from a trucker friend in Houston who witnessed it, I'm buying it.

PS Tracy, this is JTBM who posted this, not JR. :mad:

LETHAL GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You know, if this story came from a local bar or ?? I may doubt it too. When you get a call from a trucker friend in Houston who witnessed it, I'm buying it.

PS Tracy, this is JTBM who posted this, not JR. :mad:

In that case I beleive you!

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It say right at the top 5 pm Wednesday Sept 20. Now how many years has it been since we had a Wednesday on Sept 20?

This year Wednesday was Sept 21.

Rollin4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just talked to a friend of mine who was truckin' out of Houston, TX yesterday. He witnessed a Blue Viper racing a Red Ford GT going west on I 10 (near Katy)and coming out of Houston roughly 5PM on Wednesday Sept 20th. He said the two were racing in and out of hurricane Rita departure traffic when after too many "bobs and weaves", they met and crashed. The Viper was on the highway with damage including missing his hood and the red GT was far off I 10 in the ditch.

Anyone know anymore about this incident ??????

You have got to be kidding, about I-10 West bound traffic, from the 20th to today it's barely moving. The traffic in Texas and Southwest Louisiana is barely moving, there is no gas available, and it's bumper to bumper on any highway, Interstate, or side road, heading North. I don't know where all these people are going to go? First Katrina and now Rita. Go away Rita...

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On TV, I did see a blue Viper parked on the side of the road with the hood raised. No accident damage. He probably ran out of gas like the 1000 or so other cars.

Big Medicine

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wasn't me........I may take mine out for a spin tonight. Traffic is bad here in NW Houston, but the end of the line in that pic above is visible now. Some freeways inside the Houston beltway are now moving better.

FE+ACR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Don't believe it, the freeways are not passable and haven't been for 2 days. My in-laws left their home in south Houston at 8am Wednesday morning and made it to north Houston at 4pm (8 hrs. to go 15-20 miles). They spent the night with relatives in north Houston, and left this morning at 6am, hoping to make it to Bryan (normally a 1.5 hour drive) They sat on the freeway until 6pm this evening and finally decided to turn around and go back to the relatives house.....it took them < 30 minutes to drive back!

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<< I don't know where all these people are going to go? >>

Pardon my IL ignorance, but i was wondering the same thing. Where ARE all these people going to?
You must be registered for see images

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They will be showing up on your doorstep any day now Big, make sure you have enough pizza and beer!! Seriously though, I can't even imagine what those people are going through in New Orleans and will go through in Texas.

Wing King

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<< I don't know where all these people are going to go? >>

Pardon my IL ignorance, but i was wondering the same thing. Where ARE all these people going to?
You must be registered for see images

Well, just unbelieveably to me, it seems like at least a million of them have come north to Dallas. Even roads near my ranch, WAY north of town, are two or three times as crowded. Tried to buy gas for the truck tonight, and both of my favorite stations had nothing left but premium, and I waited in line for 10 minutes to get that. As of early this morning, TV stations were reporting virtually every motel or hotel room all the way to Oklahoma was booked. We were already full from the Katrina refugees..... and now this! Never witnessed anything quite like it. :(

Gerald Levin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It's amazing we can't imprison the politicians for their actions that resulted in reckless loss of life. A short list that caused many lives to be lost because they did not have a clue:
Mr. Brown-ex head of FEMA-makes Kozlowski look like a choir boy
The bald dude that demoted Brown into another branch of FEMA but still commented him on the fine job he did with what he had to work with.
The mayor of New Orleans- he goes into panick mode as people are dying before his eyes while thousands of school buses stayed idle prior to flooding.
The govenor of Louisiana that can't say her name without it being written on a sheet of paper. She will not talk without a prepared speech that appears to be written by one of her pre-schoolers. The lack of buses, military, national guard, lack of security in the dome, lack of supplies, etc, etc. Hundreds if not thousands died due to the complete total ignorance of the above plus many many more that help contribute to this massacre. At least the total incompetence of the above is showing the rest of the world that those who fail to plan, plan to fail.

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Blame the politicians all you want, but it's the idiot voters that vote them in.

CHA-CHING!!!

Nail on the head.
That's the idealist viewpoint. The realistic viewpoint is that since all politicians are worthless, there is nobody worthy of voting for. You would probably never hire them if you were running a company. Hence if everybody were to abstain from voting, we might have a case. But since this is the realistic viewpoint, that's not going to happen. Hence the realist has to choose the lesser of the evil politicians. And the results are obvious.

P.S. I'm not a US citizen a.k.a. idiot yet! :D

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala