Viper Vs Lamborghini ?

Fast Freddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
so i take it viper585 that u have actually driven your lambo 220 mph. did u gps verify your speed like i did when i drove my viper 182 mph last month. or did u just read in a magazine somewhere that you lambo goes that fast.

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dean,

I couldn't agree more.... Top speed is just for bragging rights. But I do think the 0-150 is probably the BEST criteria for straight line acceleration. I've driven many cars that are quick to 100 (geared low), but then fall flat on there arses after 100. 0-150 will really show a cars strengths and weaknesses as far as acceleration, IMHO.

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score
so i take it viper585 that u have actually driven your lambo 220 mph. did u gps verify your speed like i did when i drove my viper 182 mph last month. or did u just read in a magazine somewhere that you lambo goes that fast.

215 ,verified.2.5km run.And no,I dont take anything I read seriously.lol

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dean,

I couldn't agree more.... Top speed is just for bragging rights. But I do think the 0-150 is probably the BEST criteria for straight line acceleration. I've driven many cars that are quick to 100 (geared low), but then fall flat on there arses after 100. 0-150 will really show a cars strengths and weaknesses as far as acceleration, IMHO.

Yep, that's why I included 0-150MPH as being valuable. The Viper has a real sweet spot between 80 and 140MPH. :2tu:

-Dean.

V10 MOJO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
top speed and **** on a bull, kinda the same thing in america isnt it. unless you plan on doing something like the SSCC in nevada.

viper585; where did you do this 215mph run at?

Fast Freddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i rode my turbocharged motorcycle to a 10.30 second 1/4 mile time at 140 mph last weekend at my local dragstrip here in tucson which is at a elevation of 3100 feet above sea level.

somebody once asked me what good is owning a motorcycle that can go that fast anyway, and where could you ever drive it that fast besides the race track?
you know what i said to them............... any side street :headbang:

GCHDEALER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i saw a beautiful pearl yellow lamborghini gallardo and i was thinking of selling my viper and getting it so is it worth it ? i love my 99 roecharged rt10 but we're talking lamborghini here so what do you guys think ? the Gallardo is around $165000 and i can get like $60000 for my viper cuz its supercharged cuz the stocks one go for $40000 here yeah $20000 for an $8000 Blower :confused: thanks ROE :2tu:

they have 4 different colors here Pearl yellow, pearl orange, Blue and black i loved the orange but its to much for me
For starters they are not really giving you 60k for your Viper, That I promise. They are showing you more for it than it is worth and taking some of the profit from the margin in the Lambo. Do me a favor Try to get them to lower the selling price of thier car and still give you 60k for yours and you will see.
C~

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i saw a beautiful pearl yellow lamborghini gallardo and i was thinking of selling my viper and getting it so is it worth it ? i love my 99 roecharged rt10 but we're talking lamborghini here so what do you guys think ? the Gallardo is around $165000 and i can get like $60000 for my viper cuz its supercharged cuz the stocks one go for $40000 here yeah $20000 for an $8000 Blower :confused: thanks ROE :2tu:

they have 4 different colors here Pearl yellow, pearl orange, Blue and black i loved the orange but its to much for me
For starters they are not really giving you 60k for your Viper, That I promise. They are showing you more for it than it is worth and taking some of the profit from the margin in the Lambo. Do me a favor Try to get them to lower the selling price of thier car and still give you 60k for yours and you will see.
C~
Dam car dealers, always try to get every penny out of us little people! :D

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score
top speed and **** on a bull, kinda the same thing in america isnt it. unless you plan on doing something like the SSCC in nevada.

viper585; where did you do this 215mph run at?

Onn mile shoot-outs are one of the hottest crazes going.There are at least 10 sanctioned events now with many more coming.There are several 2.5 km runs also,some sanctioned,and some not.I find top speed shoot-outs to be an exhilerating form of racing,but if your not in to that,I guess it would be like "**** on a bull".To each his own.

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I would trade for a Lambo any day. If somebody can afford the car I'm sure they don't worry about service. This is like the Mustang guys talking out a guy out of buying a Viper.
"Dude...your Cobra is as fast as a Viper why would you buy one?...because it is a Viper."

The same applies to the Lambo.

Well said.We all love our Vipers,but given the opportunity and cost NOT being a factor,most would certainly enjoy having a Lambo.

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score
No way the Gallardo is worth $180K. Makes the SRT-10 look like the best deal on wheels! However if you must have the Lambo do NOT buy the E Gear version. Lambo is haveing major problems with the tranny and owners are reporting back the sad stories. Lambo released this tranny before they got it right and now many owners are UNHAPPY. Not to mention that they had to pay an additional $10K for the privledge of getting this troublesome tranny! If you must buy Italian, go for the "real deal", 12 cylinder Murcielago. As other posters have said, that is the one to own and keep. Don,t forget, buy the 6 speed!

Fred is right on about the E gear.Stick to the old reliable,at least for now.As far as the car being worth 180k,I believe in the world where the bull roams,it is worth every bit of its price.But you cant relate that to its worth as compared to a viper,or a viper to a vette,or a viper to a mustang and so on and so on.Its a matter of personal preference.I didnt buy any of my vipers because they are "values",I bought them because I love the hell out of the car.

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
[/QUOTE]
They are the guys that took a truck motor and made it an incredible performing machine.Because Chrysler didnt have the knowledge to do it at the time,in 1990.

[/QUOTE]

Actually, most literature claims that the intake was the only thing Chrystler ended up using from Lambo's design.

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score
They are the guys that took a truck motor and made it an incredible performing machine.Because Chrysler didnt have the knowledge to do it at the time,in 1990.

[/QUOTE]

Actually, most literature claims that the intake was the only thing Chrystler ended up using from Lambo's design.

[/QUOTE]

As I already stated,thats incorrect info in some of the literature.I bought a 92 new,and have files of info and personal conversations with many on the development of the motor.At one time Chrysler was very happy to talk about the origins and development of the motor,but that changed dramically after 94 when Chrysler cut lambo.

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score

[/QUOTE]

As I already stated,thats incorrect info in some of the literature.I bought a 92 new,and have files of info and personal conversations with many on the development of the motor.At one time Chrysler was very happy to talk about the origins and development of the motor,but that changed dramically after 94 when Chrysler cut lambo.

[/QUOTE]

So are you saying that Chrystler didn't want to give Lambo any credit for the design because they cut them?

kverges

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My Gallardo is a 6-speed; the e-gear was neat, but I did not like the slow-speed control of the clutch and the 6-speed shifts so beutifully I decided to enjoy the more actrive driving experience. I like to think I will have greater clutch longevity self-shifting, too.

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My Gallardo is a 6-speed; the e-gear was neat, but I did not like the slow-speed control of the clutch and the 6-speed shifts so beutifully I decided to enjoy the more actrive driving experience. I like to think I will have greater clutch longevity self-shifting, too.

Good info Keith.Im real close to getting one,and I was leaning toward the 6-speed.That helps. A.J.

bad viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Viper Vs Lamborghini ?

I plan on running Silverstate in the Gallardo in May. I usually run in 150 target 165 tech.I'm trying to get them to approve that class without a rollbar. (same as the Viper GTS is approved now) hopefully the specs I submitted will be approved prior to me going to ELY. I don't want another fiasco like I had with the Competition Coupe last year.I'm not prepared to do brain surgery on the nice interior of this car.
I have the E-Gear and LOVE it!
went on a run with 40+ Ferraris a couple of weeks ago through twisty Malibu canyons. While the 6 speed guys were
frantically shift at speeds while turning I was just concentrating on driving. Same would be true on tracks.
The roughness at idle speeds takes some finesse and
I'm sure will be corrected with a software upgrade soon.

V10 MOJO

Enthusiast
Reaction score

bad viper; im entering the sept SSCC event. i didnt know theyd allow a viper without a rollbar?

OP
OP
Q

Q8

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The dealer have 4 Galladros right now and all have the E-gear and i dont want to get a 6 speed in a lamborghini cuz i know ill break it :smirk: and about the murcielago i really liked the galalrdo better except for the doors so im not even thinking fo the murcielago right now today is friday and the banks here are closed friday and saturday so ill wait til sunday and hope the car is still there :2tu:

OP
OP
Q

Q8

Enthusiast
Reaction score

this is the 3 layer yellow color

You must be registered for see images

bad viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

V10 MOJO GTS coupes are
considered to have integral rollbar.(unless they
changed rules in last year"). Go to their website email Tim chief tech inspector.

bad viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Top end?

Fast Freddy

The big difference ...and I've been there done that..
in the Viper or German or Italian engineered cars..
when you north of 185 in a Viper you kNOW YOU ARE AT RISK!
In the others you actually feel TOO comfortable at speed.