Viper Vs Lamborghini ?

Q8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i saw a beautiful pearl yellow lamborghini gallardo and i was thinking of selling my viper and getting it so is it worth it ? i love my 99 roecharged rt10 but we're talking lamborghini here so what do you guys think ? the Gallardo is around $165000 and i can get like $60000 for my viper cuz its supercharged cuz the stocks one go for $40000 here yeah $20000 for an $8000 Blower :confused: thanks ROE :2tu:

they have 4 different colors here Pearl yellow, pearl orange, Blue and black i loved the orange but its to much for me

FranciscoR.

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kind of a hard question to answer. It's really more "what do you want". I love Lamborghinis but think a solid Viper is better looking. The Gallardo I don't think is any faster then your Viper. The only thing i can think of is the Gallardo maybe being a better handler. I don't know man...sorry. I would say it comes down to do you want to sell an awesome car to spend 100g more to have a more expensive Lambo ?

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Will the Lambo depreciate like a rock? Who knows. If you're into the "I'm first, it's new" thing, go for it. You'll be back. Will you crave a mod or two once the newness of the Lambo wears a little? How much for a supercharger for the Lambo? $$$$$ KA CHING

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What's yur expertise / budget for tune ups? I hear some of those exotics can be killers at tune up time..

Mike_W

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw a show once, and it said a major tune-up for the Lambo Countach was $2500.00. I think that is correct. It might have been for a minor tune-up though. Maybe one of you with a Lambo could chime in.

Mike

Fiorano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the Gallardo is a great car and better than a viper. However, I would wait until it's hype has died down. Once the Murci came out, the diablo 6.0 prices plummeted. I think you can buy one for close to the Gallardo's price. That makes the 6.0s a great buy, but I still don't think it is a better car than the Gallardo.

SRT 10 2004

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the Lambo is straight ****, no comparison. The Viper "pulls some wool", but nothing like the Lambo would

MbnViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi, well hard to answer but for pimping factor lambos rules, I own a diablo VT and they considered slow for the Diablo’s line in the quarter mile but in highways they pull hard I did 204mph and felt it can go more, don’t know about the Gallardo thought, but seems good looking, nice performing car, but I bet it can match your viper power, but if you ask me I wont ever ever, trade or sell my viper to get a Gallardo or even a Murcialago! But that’s me good luck and take picture when you have time. mbn

dont mean to hijack your thread but speaking of murcialago, im going to race a murcialago with sport exhaust + filters I guess, with my yellow GTS roe s/c viper, so what my chances? in magz they trap like 121mph ? any opinions, suggestions, guesses guys ?

P.s my viper passenger seat accommodated more cute girls than the Diablo seat don’t ask my why but its true.lol :D

Fast Freddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
there is no way in hell i would sell my viper for anything. not even a ford gt much less a lambo. i would save my money and add the new ford gt-44 to my collection b4 i purchased a car from overseas. good luck dude :usa:

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score
there is no way in hell i would sell my viper for anything. not even a ford gt much less a lambo. i would save my money and add the new ford gt-44 to my collection b4 i purchased a car from overseas. good luck dude :usa:

totally agree.. :usa: :headbang:

YouWish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi, well hard to answer but for pimping factor lambos rules, I own a diablo VT and they considered slow for the Diablo’s line in the quarter mile but in highways they pull hard I did 204mph and felt it can go more, don’t know about the Gallardo thought, but seems good looking, nice performing car, but I bet it can match your viper power, but if you ask me I wont ever ever, trade or sell my viper to get a Gallardo or even a Murcialago! But that’s me good luck and take picture when you have time. mbn

dont mean to hijack your thread but speaking of murcialago, im going to race a murcialago with sport exhaust + filters I guess, with my yellow GTS roe s/c viper, so what my chances? in magz they trap like 121mph ? any opinions, suggestions, guesses guys ?

P.s my viper passenger seat accommodated more cute girls than the Diablo seat don’t ask my why but its true.lol :D
Because it's a Viper dude!!!

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have you seen the Gallardo in person? It looks like the ******** stumpy cousin compared to the Murci. Back end looks like an Toyota MR2, and the body has a 'scruntched' look. To each his own, and I'm sure it sounds great and performs great, but I can't understand how people like the looks of this car. My opinion - Save a fortune and buy or Diablo, or better yet, save a few extra pennies and get a low mileage used Murci. What's another $30 - $40 g's when your spending that kind'a doe? Not to mention, the Murci will be worth waaaaayyyy more in a few years when you decide to sell. Remember, you can't be a **** driving second best, or 'THE CHEAPER ONE'...

bad viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Viper Vs Lamborghini ?

Ok I bought a Gallardo 1 month ago. It is incredible.
The car sticks better than my 996TT did. The E-gear makes you feel
like you are Michael Schum...... I'm looking into twin turbo chargers
for it. Anyhow..go test drive one. My dealer in La Jolla gives test drives routinely.
]
You must be registered for see images

V10 MOJO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the only lambo i would buy (and Ive been trying to find one) is a JOTA version limited edition. i simply like viper styling and looks much more, plus cost, maintanence and working on them are so much less a hassle

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The stock Gallardo has about the same acceleration as a stock Gen II Viper. And perhaps for the first time in Lamborghini's history, Audi's engineering influence makes the Gallardo more likely to be a car that you could actually drive regularly like a Z06 or Porsche Turbo.

But like the Ferrari 360, most owners are going to rarely drive them, as depreciation is going to take a bite in resale values after the initial high demand is met. And as mentioned, high maintenance costs will follow the car all of it's days.

The Gallardos don't have a ton of torque, so unless you are in the right gear (to be up on the powerband), you might be in trouble. :p

MbnViper,

Do you really need to ask how the Murcielago will do against your S/C Viper? A blown Viper can easily out accelerate a Murcielago with it's measley sport exhaust bolted on.
But ultimately it will likely come down to getting traction in the Viper.
Both the Gallardo and Murci have AWD, which means that they can effectively put down all of their power, but the cost is in drivetrain power losses and extra weight.

A stock Murcielago has about the same acceleration as the SRT-10 Viper. But S/C Gen II Viper has about a 150HP/250TQ power, AND 300lb weight advantage over the Murcielago. :headbang:

So from a rolling start, it will be over quickly with the Viper pulling on the Murcielago as strongly as an Ferrari Enzo. :2tu:
But if you sit in your Viper and spin your tires (which is not hard with all of that torque) :eek: then the Murcielago will get the lead from a standing start, and you will have to reel him in.

If you can ask the question, then the money differential probably doesn't mean too much, but other than being the latest cool toy on the block, I don't see a great reason to pay an extra $100K for the exotic Italian nameplate.
But passion and image drives these kinds of purchases more than performance specs do. :cool:

-Dean.

ElDiablo Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would trade for a Lambo any day. If somebody can afford the car I'm sure they don't worry about service. This is like the Mustang guys talking out a guy out of buying a Viper.
"Dude...your Cobra is as fast as a Viper why would you buy one?...because it is a Viper."

The same applies to the Lambo.

fred

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No way the Gallardo is worth $180K. Makes the SRT-10 look like the best deal on wheels! However if you must have the Lambo do NOT buy the E Gear version. Lambo is haveing major problems with the tranny and owners are reporting back the sad stories. Lambo released this tranny before they got it right and now many owners are UNHAPPY. Not to mention that they had to pay an additional $10K for the privledge of getting this troublesome tranny! If you must buy Italian, go for the "real deal", 12 cylinder Murcielago. As other posters have said, that is the one to own and keep. Don,t forget, buy the 6 speed!

kverges

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't discount the Gallardo too easily on any count. I just purchased one and it has been a much better experience than my SRT so far. My SRT is gone, but I still have my GENII GTS and I expect it to be faster with Roe S/C, but the Gallardo is world class in fit, finish and is so much more opulent inside than the Viper that you can almost justify the price difference. Performance for the buck? Nope, but if you go down that road then you are foolish to buy a Viper over a Z06.

Only time will tell on depreciation and reliability. I have no great expectations that the car will hold value, but I bought it to drive. I do anticipate that the Audi influence will make the car very reliable. It has no high-dollar scheduled maintenance, unlike the Ferraris.

So far I have a few weeks daily driving the Gallardo and have not even taken the cover off the GTS. The novelty will wear off, I am sure, but there is no doubt in my mind that the Gallardo is comfortable enough to daily drive and from seat of the pants it is everything the Viper is in performance. The AWD and stability management are a joy, and the Gallardo shifts better than any car I have ever driven. I look forward to getting the car broken in and seeing how it will do on track.

Really it is apples and oranges, though. The Viper is such a classic icon that I don't know that I would pick it "over" the Gallardo or vice-versa. The Gallardo is a true "dream" car that you can actually drive on a reliable, daily basis, frankly unlike any prior Lamborghini. If you are buying solely for image or bragging rights, I guess the Lambo demonstrates the ability to spend more $ and perhaps you should get the used Murci so you can have the baddest car out there. I'll take the Gallardo, though, to actually drive.

If forced to choose, my GTS is the keeper.

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score
MbnViper,

Do you really need to ask how the Murcielago will do against your S/C Viper? A blown Viper can easily out accelerate a Murcielago with it's measley sport exhaust bolted on.
But ultimately it will likely come down to getting traction in the Viper.
Both the Gallardo and Murci have AWD, which means that they can effectively put down all of their power, but the cost is in drivetrain power losses and extra weight.

A stock Murcielago has about the same acceleration as the SRT-10 Viper. But S/C Gen II Viper has about a 150HP/250TQ power, AND 300lb weight advantage over the Murcielago. :headbang:

So from a rolling start, it will be over quickly with the Viper pulling on the Murcielago as strongly as an Ferrari Enzo. :2tu:
But if you sit in your Viper and spin your tires (which is not hard with all of that torque) :eek: then the Murcielago will get the lead from a standing start, and you will have to reel him in.

-Dean.

Dean,you make some valid points.Yes,an s/c viper will out accelerate a murci.A stock murci will turn a 3.5 0-60 time.My almost stock 6.0 with exhaust only will pull a 3.3.And it will run all the way to a documented 219 top end.Murci's arent built for drag racing,although they hold their own with most.They are built for high speed,top end jaunts,in stock form.A Gallardo will pull 193-194 bone stock.Not too shabby.Forget about the price factor,as you said.Thats the deal the vette guys use on Vipers.I dont have a Gallardo,but I want one.Because of looks,performance through a broad range,and pedigree.And lets not forget that we owe our gen1 and gen2 engine success to lambo.They are the guys that took a truck motor and made it an incredible performing machine.Because Chrysler didnt have the knowledge to do it at the time,in 1990.

Fast Freddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i may smoke the tires on the launch in my viper, but once i i hook them up nothing is gonna stop me from smokin a lamborghini. unfortunately a lambo will do more than smoke the tires when launching from a dead stop; a lambo will smoke its $6,000 clutch. ouch!!! but to be perfectly honest with you if i ever buy a lambo i wouldn't be trying to drag race it anyway because that is not what it is built for.

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score
i may smoke the tires on the launch in my viper, but once i i hook them up nothing is gonna stop me from smokin a lamborghini. unfortunately a lambo will do more than smoke the tires when launching from a dead stop; a lambo will smoke its $6,000 clutch. ouch!!! but to be perfectly honest with you if i ever buy a lambo i wouldn't be trying to drag race it anyway because that is not what it is built for.

Why would you make such a ridiculous comment.Nothing is gonna stop you from smokin' a lamborghini??Any Lamborghini?A murci,Diablo,Gallardo,or all of them?It will take alot more than your mods to meet me at over 215mph!!As my sign on license plate says"you have few friends at 200mph,and none at 220"

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Snakester... Torque is actually good

Compr. ratio : 11.0:1
Max. power : 500 bhp (367 kW) at 7800 rpm
Max. torque : 510 Nm at 4500 rpm

376 FT TQ is certainly reasonable combined with 500HP when you compare it to a car like the Ferrari 360 (273 FT LBS) or the GT3 (284 FT LBS). But it is still almost half of the torque of a Sean Roe supercharged Viper (not even thinking about RSI or DLM supercharged Vipers or N2O cars).

Actually, I do like the Gallardo. I personally don't care about having a V12 engine, or the swing-up doors of the $$$ Murcielago, and the Gallardo gives you a more managable car, for $100K less.

As far as top speed goes, it is about one of the least valuable performance traits that I know of.
Well behind 0-60,0-100,1/4 mile, and 0-150 acceleration, handling, and braking capabilities.
Even behind the car's design style, interior, and color.

It may be different where you guys live, but here there are simply NO public roads anywhere nearby to sanely drive over 150MPH :eek: So like HP/L specs, and a super-tight turning radius, top-speed capability beyond 150MPH is actually less important to me than cupholders are.;) I enjoy my car's acceleration and handling every day. :2tu:

Your driving pleasure priorities may vary. :cool:

-Dean.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang