Viper vs new Z06

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Really you respond with that.:eater: You pay, lmao free. I paid for many years. No i am not a troll as you stated. I have paid the TOLL only now to find a road with *** holes, unpainted lines!!!!!! I say it like it is, don't like it, don't read it. Keep buying the lemonade being sold and enjoy it, its your choice. :nono:

You seem to immensely enjoy driving on a "road with *** holes and unpainted lines". If you think it's that bad, why do you post? It's an honest question....why do you frequent a place that's not befitting of you?

mralbuquerque

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like both cars and thank GM for building the new vette. Competition is good..........

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes. truth be told, neither car would be at the performance level that they are at without each other's existence.

The competition and rivalry between the two is the reason both cars are killer.

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Competition? The Viper wins despite it's Italian shackles.

FLL-B/W-GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not to hurt feelings,with the exception of Nine Ball, the new Z06s will run with or bet a Gen 5 from a roll.The Auto Z06 will dominate a Gen 5 in a drag race and roll out when the arrive. Both are great American machines that would not exist today if not for one another.However both have a ways to go to catch up the the Germans,English and Italians if reference to extreme performance and quality.

Vipers and Vettes are excellent value on a budget....

Texas1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not to hurt feelings,with the exception of Nine Ball, the new Z06s will run with or bet a Gen 5 from a roll.The Auto Z06 will dominate a Gen 5 in a drag race and roll out when the arrive. Both are great American machines that would not exist today if not for one another.However both have a ways to go to catch up the the Germans,English and Italians if reference to extreme performance and quality.

Vipers and Vettes are excellent value on a budget....

I will not entertain your comment on the Euro cars but regarding the Z06, Tony & a different Corvette owner w/ a Z06 have some spirited runs planned in the near future...we will again see the outcome good or bad w/ documented repeated runs...cheers...:drive:

FLL-B/W-GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agreed,I like the Gen.5 and am pleased Nine Ball can drive it so well and represent.Personally I do not care which is faster,both are excellent American Muscle...As for the Euro Car thing,I just said that to piss off Free 2 go.He has not heard the word Turbo S lately... Good Fun....

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agreed,I like the Gen.5 and am pleased Nine Ball can drive it so well and represent.Personally I do not care which is faster,both are excellent American Muscle...As for the Euro Car thing,I just said that to piss off Free 2 go.He has not heard the word Turbo S lately... Good Fun....

The Porsche Troll pimping the Corvette, and overtly trolling a specific VCA member. Jackpot.

ontariomystic

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm willing to bet the first thing a tuner does is increase the inlet temperature setting at which the ECU starts to pull timing.

1badacr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
bottom line Z06 is faster, more upgraded every year , faster then the viper. less expensive. just saying :dunno:
look forward to the viper being king again but think at this point it just wont happen.:eater:
You seem to be brainwashed by the corvette forum, please tell everyone on here what the track numbers are for the Z06.
Actually you can't because they crashed one car, and the other car that completed the ring must have stunk, because GM didn't publish any numbers. then we have a video of a TA walking the Z06 numerous times, which almost caused a mass suicide at the CF.

The corvette ZR1 is still currently the king of corvettes, and the last time I checked the king of corvettes is still behind the viper. Go back to the corvette forum as you seem to be just as delusional and in denial as they are.:lmao:

PeerBlock

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure I totally get your point. Are you stating that tuners will not be able to get significantly more power out of the Z06?

The tradeoff with forced induction is peak power vs wide power band and improved thottle response. If the Z06 has a small, high revving SC then it will not be able to produce significantly more CFM without either grenading itself or heating the charged air to a point where it nullifies power gains. I can see supercharger upgrades becoming a popular Z06 mod.

Tuners will get more power but it will be at the expense of the regulated EPA contaminant output and reliability and durability as compared to the stock vehicle.

You talk about EPA regulations as if they're legitimate concern for anyone other than some prius-driving tree-humper. GM has to abide by silly EPA regulations but tuners do not.

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You talk about EPA regulations as if they're legitimate concern for anyone other than some prius-driving tree-humper. GM has to abide by silly EPA regulations but tuners do not.

Hey...some people are concerned with little things like, oh, say...durability.

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vipers been proven faster. At the end of the day they have identical power and the viper weighs 200 pounds less.

No big surprise here.

Thank you very much Dodge and Nineball.

Its a great day when your Lamborghini owning buddy has to call you to say holy **** and concede victory

1badacr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey...some people are concerned with little things like, oh, say...durability.
this is why I will be buying another viper, there is already a 2015 Z with 800 some miles that has already blown its motor, i expect to see more, the previous Z06's were time bombs

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dang...looks like I really put my foot in my mouth on this one. I've been ripping the Gen 5 six ways from Sunday and bragging on the C7 Z06. While its still early in Z06 production, it just goes to show that numbers in rags are meaningless....its what happens in the streets that counts. If the significant power drop in the C7 from early on heat soak is as vivid as we see in these racing videos against the Gen 5, sales for the C7 are going to drop off rather sharply and we might even see Gen5 sales pick up.

If early power loss due to heat soak is par for the course on the C7 Z, then GM really dropped the ball on this one and someone over at GM is gonna have their head on the chopping block.

James1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
atleast he has a reliable car sitting beside it.

You must be registered for see images attach

rlhay2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My $.02:

I like the C7 Stingray and opted to wait for the C7Z06 hoping it would be a step above and beyond. Once I saw it, it just was not for me.
Corvettes are still great cars, with a level of utility that exceeds the Viper's but it's a car that lacks character and soul.
I do believe that GM will get them sorted and these problems will soon be history.

Regardless, I have made my decision. And I fully admit that Nineball's video did have some small influence...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper