Viper vs. Vette production 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

trojewski

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh-Oh. I think I have seen this act before. This guy "trolls" here for reaction.

Yes, the ZR1 lists for more. To get a decent interior, you have to "option up", it has 38 more HP(?)...AND...the ACR beat them at "the 'Ring". The whole 'Vette thing IS boring.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, so you're using dealer markups as a basis for comparing the pricing on these two vehicles?

I tend not to be so up to date on things boring, so I don't know a zr1's exact price. How much more is it than an ACR? $1...$1000...$10,000?

Does it matter? The entire basis of your argument was that the viper was ONLY better than a Vette in 92 was because it was more expensive. The zr1 isn't even $1 faster than a viper. Checkmate, troll. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

lankhoss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I tend not to be so up to date on things boring, so I don't know a zr1's exact price. How much more is it than an ACR? $1...$1000...$10,000?

Does it matter? The entire basis of your argument was that the viper was ONLY better than a Vette in 92 was because it was more expensive. The zr1 isn't even $1 faster than a viper. Checkmate, troll. :rolleyes:

Nah, it doesn't matter. The point is you just make up whatever information you want for arguments all the time. Just like thinking that a Vette only had 200hp in '92 and has not had its HP bumped up over the last 15 years in a similar fashion to the Viper.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This post makes absolutely no sense. Since '92 the Corvette has gone from 300 (up from 245 in 1990) - 330 - 350 - 400 - 430. The Z06 in '01 made 385, then 405 then 505.

92 Viper - 400hp
92 Vet - 300hp
95 Viper - 420hp
95 Vet - 300hp
96 Viper - 450hp
96 Vet - 330hp
source CarGurus.com: reviews, specifications, photos, videos, prices and free listings for new and used cars - CarGurus , Corvettes for sale, new and used - Roger's Corvette Center in Orlando, Florida

and on and on and on...

This is a silly waste of time.

Oh yeah, there was that ZR1 thing in the early 90s that had 375 hp. Wait a minute...that's not 400hp.

Last edited:

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nah, it doesn't matter. The point is you just make up whatever information you want for arguments all the time. Just like thinking that a Vette only had 200hp in '92 and has not had its HP bumped up over the last 15 years in a similar fashion to the Viper.
Why would I care what boring and pathetic nmbers the Vette has? I just know they were pretty sad in 92... U know, when u said the viper should thank the Vette. If that were the case, the viper would have been a whopping 275hp hoping to catch up to the Vette for 12 years. That would be pretty pathetic. So sad for u. :rolleyes:

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
92 Viper - 400hp
92 Vet - 300hp
95 Viper - 420hp
95 Vet - 300hp
96 Viper - 450hp
96 Vet - 330hp
source CarGurus.com: reviews, specifications, photos, videos, prices and free listings for new and used cars - CarGurus , Corvettes for sale, new and used - Roger's Corvette Center in Orlando, Florida

and on and on and on...

Oh yeah, there was that ZR1 thing in the early 90s that had 375 hp. Wait a minute...that's not 400hp.
Guy can't win on the merits of his own arguments, so he's nitpicking on the numbers. Frequent trolling should be a bannable offense.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Don't forget that the 'old' days GM hp numbers were not the same as the Dodge hp numbers. The old LT1 vette engine supposedly was a whopping 350hp, but the puny 275 hp of the 340 left the LT1 so far behind that it was obvious that GM hp is a smaller sized number than Dodge hp. LOL.

And that ZR1 early 90s vette sold for over $100,000 in Canada back then.

Ted

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now, Vettes are fine sports cars indeed, the Z06 better, and the new ZR1 even better. However, they all look alike , except for little details. Nothing on earth looks like a Viper except...ya know.

Sweet Ride

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just want to know who buys a Vette with a 2.56 axle ratio!?!?!? 29.2% of buyers apparently.

What a waste...

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm wondering if GM still gets Mercury Marine to build all their performance stuff, like that early 90s ZR1 engine? Mercury Marine build the new ZR1 or has GM got a department like SRT to do it for them now?

Mercury Marine was still building the best LS7 blocks for racing (MM moved the lifter oil galleries over so that the blocks can be 1/2" overbored).

Ted

Ted

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yippee, another endless viper vs vette thread.

:bleh:

lets hope this is a short winter and we can get back to driving our cars real soon.

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whatchutalkinaboutwillis? I just came back from a nice drive in my Viper. It's a brisk 60 degrees outside... just how the V10 likes it. :rolaugh:

you "year-round-warm-weather-people" need to get your own forum during the winter months so the rest of us dont have to hear it.

:D

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You live in that place where the cracks in the road are from Earth quakes? Dave lives in that place that gets flooded and Hurricanes bring baseball sized hail.

Besides, you guys have probably never been able to take a (9 sec quarter mile on asphalt) 175hp 450# snowmobile for a ride up a steep mountain. No traffic, no speed limits and no Red lights.

We're OK up here in the Great White North!

Ted

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You live in that place where the cracks in the road are from Earth quakes? Dave lives in that place that gets flooded and Hurricanes bring baseball sized hail.

Besides, you guys have probably never been able to take a (9 sec quarter mile on asphalt) 175hp 450# snowmobile for a ride up a steep mountain. No traffic, no speed limits and no Red lights.

We're OK up here in the Great White North!

Ted

Whisper that gently to your caged, sapphire mistress. I'll go out for another spin just for you! :rolaugh:

lankhoss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
92 Viper - 400hp
92 Vet - 300hp
95 Viper - 420hp
95 Vet - 300hp
96 Viper - 450hp
96 Vet - 330hp

and on and on and on...

I was referring to your comments about the Viper adding horsepower throughout the years, like the Corvette hadn't.

And yes, in 1992 the ZR-1 was 375hp, but in '93 it had 400.

Last edited:

lankhoss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why would I care what boring and pathetic nmbers the Vette has? I just know they were pretty sad in 92... U know, when u said the viper should thank the Vette. If that were the case, the viper would have been a whopping 275hp hoping to catch up to the Vette for 12 years. That would be pretty pathetic. So sad for u. :rolleyes:

GM had a 375hp Vette out for 2 years before the 400hp Viper came out.

And, like I said before......you are silly to expect the MUCH cheaper Corvette to run even with a Viper. That's like expecting Mustang GT's to be as fast as Corvettes are.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GM had a 375hp Vette out for 2 years before the 400hp Viper came out.

And, like I said before......you are silly to expect the MUCH cheaper Corvette to run even with a Viper. That's like expecting Mustang GT's to be as fast as Corvettes are.

And... a cheaper Viper is running "rings" around a zr-1. See how your argument doesn't have a leg to stand on?

But hey... we've moved on a long time ago... time for you to let go man... let go. Vettes aren't even in the same CLASS. Nice cars, but boooring and uninspired. But find comfort knowing that most secretaries dream to own one someday and will think your z06 looks like her c6 auto. :lmao:

lankhoss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And... a cheaper Viper is running "rings" around a zr-1. See how your argument doesn't have a leg to stand on?

But hey... we've moved on a long time ago... time for you to let go man... let go. Vettes aren't even in the same CLASS. Nice cars, but boooring and uninspired. But find comfort knowing that most secretaries dream to own one someday and will think your z06 looks like her c6 auto. :lmao:

Much anger in this one.

So for the first time ever, the Viper has come out with a car that is (unofficially) slightly faster than a Corvette that is the same price. Looks more like it took Viper 16 years to catch up, and not the other way around :)

SkyBob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This Vette/Viper horsepower thread is very interesting. Can you hear the sarcasm?

Which one of you three guys will decide you don't need to get the last word in?

Bob

Last edited:

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Much anger in this one.

So for the first time ever, the Viper has come out with a car that is (unofficially) slightly faster than a Corvette that is the same price. Looks more like it took Viper 16 years to catch up, and not the other way around :)

C'mom Hoss, you know it's the other way around, you really do. I've owned about 30 Corvettes, still have one in the garage, and I love both brands for what they are.
But without Viper the General would have been happy to leave it at the ZR1 rate of 400HP. PARTICULARLY as that car did not sell well, numbers went down every year. And it was not till the advent of the C6 ZO6 that the Corvette caught up. And yes it did catch up vs. the 06 Viper.
And frankly I don't think the General would have stepped up to the C6 level had it not been for one guy...Bob Lutz. But he got it done.
And that motivated the folks at Team Viper to step it up one more notch.
And that's where we are, appreciate it for what it is, both brands are American, both are great and most high performance folks have an appreciation for both of them.
We have many members here who extoll the virtues of the Vette, Jaime Furman and NineBall are a couple who come to mind and their opinions are appreciated, well, sort of, as they own BOTH brands and they debate the virtues of both cars here. The debates are spirited and fair
You seem to come at it from a different angle and we have been watching for a long time. Your comments seem very one sided and seem to be designed to inflame.
And you succeed quite well at that but be forewarned if a judgement is made that your only reason for being here is to tweak others into getting upset then we will modify your account terms here.
Have fun here, don't be a troll. Defined in this instance as ONLY coming here to promote Corvette over Viper.

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
lets end this stupid thread a say that more than half u guys if there was no viper,u would get a z06 or a zr-1.i would because its a awsome car and the viper is too!they are just like 2 hot chicks with differant hair color and attitudes..

Darbgnik

Enthusiast
Reaction score
lets end this stupid thread a say that more than half u guys if there was no viper,u would get a z06 or a zr-1.i would because its a awsome car and the viper is too!they are just like 2 hot chicks with differant hair color and attitudes..

I have no interest in debating which car is better. They are both overmatched for my meager skills(well Z06 version anyway). The only reason I bought a Viper is because not everyone and their dog has one. If there were as many Vipers as Vettes would they still be badasp? Sure. Would I buy one? Not for that kind of money.:cool:

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have no interest in debating which car is better. They are both overmatched for my meager skills(well Z06 version anyway). The only reason I bought a Viper is because not everyone and their dog has one. If there were as many Vipers as Vettes would they still be badasp? Sure. Would I buy one? Not for that kind of money.:cool:

Sounds logical to me. :cool:

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
C'mom Hoss, you know it's the other way around, you really do. I've owned about 30 Corvettes, still have one in the garage, and I love both brands for what they are.
But without Viper the General would have been happy to leave it at the ZR1 rate of 400HP. PARTICULARLY as that car did not sell well, numbers went down every year. And it was not till the advent of the C6 ZO6 that the Corvette caught up. And yes it did catch up vs. the 06 Viper.
And frankly I don't think the General would have stepped up to the C6 level had it not been for one guy...Bob Lutz. But he got it done.
And that motivated the folks at Team Viper to step it up one more notch.
And that's where we are, appreciate it for what it is, both brands are American, both are great and most high performance folks have an appreciation for both of them.
We have many members here who extoll the virtues of the Vette, Jaime Furman and NineBall are a couple who come to mind and their opinions are appreciated, well, sort of, as they own BOTH brands and they debate the virtues of both cars here. The debates are spirited and fair
You seem to come at it from a different angle and we have been watching for a long time. Your comments seem very one sided and seem to be designed to inflame.
And you succeed quite well at that but be forewarned if a judgement is made that your only reason for being here is to tweak others into getting upset then we will modify your account terms here.
Have fun here, don't be a troll. Defined in this instance as ONLY coming here to promote Corvette over Viper.

Thanks for chiming in boss. This is America and he can think whatever he wants, but to come into a person's house just to insult the furniture... well that just ain't right by any standard of etiquette. It's just plain rude. If he were saying it anywhere else, why would I (and many other members here) care?

Even when the thread was washing itself out, he comes back trying to inflame more. I get it... he wants the attention, but people here aren't going to let stupidity shout over the truth.

However, I think you've hurt his feelings and he'll be crying about it soon enough. I keep telling you... volunteering is a thankless job. ;)

...thanks! :2tu:

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score

One of the ********* looks and acts like every other *********, while the other looks different and special. Yeah, they all look the same in the dark, but some of us like leaving the lights on. :rolaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.