Viper vs. Z06 1/4 mile time question

Status
Not open for further replies.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Isn't it a fact that "*** Wee" Furman wrecked his ACR? Mr. Furman, I believe it is clear that you have a love and loyalty for the corvette and a deep hatred for the Viper. You can deny it, try to buy it, cry it and lie about it until the cows come home but it is easy for truly neutral observers like myself to see where you are coming from. I own 2 corvettes and 2 Vipers but I would never compare the squeaking chimpanzee to the silverback gorilla and would never be as unwise as to think that the chimp was more animal than the brutal silverback. I have asked you this before and I reiterate; please go sell your big bag of horsesh1t over at the corvetteforum, where you will receive the accolades for your creativity, that you so sorely desire. I'm not buying it, others are not buying it and your constant pro-corvette bellowing is getting old.
Alex if Jamie hated Vipers then why would he own and race so many of them?In EVERY thread you reply to you appear to have nothing to do better with your time than personally insult Jamie and belittle his accomplishments.This thread was about Vipers and Z06s in relation to quarter mile ets ECT(at least it was untill you started with the nonsense)and whether you want to admit it or not NO ONE on stock tires is better behind the wheel of these two cars than Jamie.Through out the years Jamie has offered to race you heads up more times than i can count.Instead of CHEAP TALK (on a computer )why not show up at the track and settle this at the track?

Alexarz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If he doesn't hate Vipers, why does he come on this forum and criticize them in damn near every post? If you read my posts, you would know that I find drag racing to be about as interesting as watching snails breed. The last thing I would be interested in is hauling one of my cars up to Maryland just to engage in a simple minded and unchallenging event like running a 1/4 mile. LMAO!!

Deuuuce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If he doesn't hate Vipers, why does he come on this forum and criticize them in damn near every post? If you read my posts, you would know that I find drag racing to be about as interesting as watching snails breed. The last thing I would be interested in is hauling one of my cars up to Maryland just to engage in a simple minded and unchallenging event like running a 1/4 mile. LMAO!!

Do you like road circuit racing?

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Seems that Jamies only useage of this site is to bash Vipers. 9balls and badgt prefer to bash me, you and Vipers.

Problem is these guys are so busy bashing they couldn't care less about their Zr1??? Forgot their Z06s are rated below the Gen 3s? Forgot the Z06s are about 100hp low to play with the big boys?

Guess that doesn't matter.

badtg istead of all you fake offers about paying for everbody to come race - like we believe you???LOL - you just drive up to Mission /raceway and Calgary and we'll see you there. I know, you'd rather computer race since you think you're winning. I am amzed that your spelling ha improved so much.

Alex ignore him. Speedfreak, when badtg calls these guys from the vette forum they won't go away.

I accidently searched and found out that RANGER really went 10.85 on drag radials. He's getting accolades over on the vette forums.

I wish you guys were smarter and took your cars apart. I wish you'd spoken to the SRT enginners at VOI X. But, since you guys have no clue on the insides of these cars and no clue on the engineering. Just stay slow. Don't get faster cars, don't modify them, leave the junk inside the cats, etc.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alex Jamie races in your home state of Florida as well.Maybe we can set something up as down there to settle this once and for all .

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seems that Jamies only useage of this site is to bash Vipers. 9balls and badgt prefer to bash me, you and Vipers.

Problem is these guys are so busy bashing they couldn't care less about their Zr1??? Forgot their Z06s are rated below the Gen 3s? Forgot the Z06s are about 100hp low to play with the big boys?

Guess that doesn't matter.

badtg istead of all you fake offers about paying for everbody to come race - like we believe you???LOL - you just drive up to Mission /raceway and Calgary and we'll see you there. I know, you'd rather computer race since you think you're winning. I am amzed that your spelling ha improved so much.

Alex ignore him. Speedfreak, when badtg calls these guys from the vette forum they won't go away.

I accidently searched and found out that RANGER really went 10.85 on drag radials. He's getting accolades over on the vette forums.

I wish you guys were smarter and took your cars apart. I wish you'd spoken to the SRT enginners at VOI X. But, since you guys have no clue on the insides of these cars and no clue on the engineering. Just stay slow. Don't get faster cars, don't modify them, leave the junk inside the cats, etc.
Ted ,does this mean you will not let me borrow the old Vette killer or eater (whatever you call it )that bad 440 Duster of yours untill i get my ACR.Also are Jamie ,9 Ball and myself really considered Viper bashers.Thats funny because between the 3 of us (myself i am going on my fifth Viper )we probably have owned more Viper than you have ever seen.Ted i HAVE been buying new Vipers since 1993 you bought your first last year ***.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ps also if the last thing your interested in is drag racing why would you want to comment on a thread whose topic is just that?

Alexarz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ted ,does this mean you will not let me borrow the old Vette killer or eater (whatever you call it )that bad 440 Duster of yours untill i get my ACR.Also are Jamie ,9 Ball and myself really considered Viper bashers.Thats funny because between the 3 of us (myself i am going on my fifth Viper )we probably have owned more Viper than you have ever seen.Ted i HAVE been buying new Vipers since 1993 you bought your first last year ***.

Yes but you SELL your Vipers, while Ted and I would never commit such unholy acts.

Alexarz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ps also if the last thing your interested in is drag racing why would you want to comment on a thread whose topic is just that?

I responded to "*** Wee" Furman's Viper bashing. Somebody has to keep that vette troll under control.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes but you SELL your Vipers, while Ted and I would never commit such unholy acts.
I only sold my 08 Roadster because i thought Ted was going to let me borrow the OLD VETTE EATER-KILLER (whatever) untill i got my 09 ACR..

kennyhemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW! I go away for a few days thinking this thread/subject has been killed to death and low and behold it goes on like a bad dream! You guys need to understand that no matter what you tell anyone people are going to be loyal to one thing or another. For example I dropped out of this thread because no matter what the "vette guys" in this thread tell me there is no way I'm ever going to like a vette. I don't car if the vette throws flames out the back and runs sub 4 second quarter miles times and comes with a playmate of the year!...wait a minute scratch the last part. I am human after all. Anyway the point I'm trying to make is stop beating a dead horse... IT"S DEAD!!:bdh:

Alexarz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW! I go away for a few days thinking this thread/subject has been killed to death and low and behold it goes on like a bad dream! You guys need to understand that no matter what you tell anyone people are going to be loyal to one thing or another. For example I dropped out of this thread because no matter what the "vette guys" in this thread tell me there is no way I'm ever going to like a vette. I don't car if the vette throws flames out the back and runs sub 4 second quarter miles times and comes with a playmate of the year!...wait a minute scratch the last part. I am human after all. Anyway the point I'm trying to make is stop beating a dead horse... IT"S DEAD!!:bdh:

:lmao:good post.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ken, the problem is ALOT of the guys on the forum have owned and still own and RACE Vetts along with their Vipers and many other SUPERCARS.If you research back the competition between the two goes back 10 years ago when Chevy brought out the prev Gen Z06.About 8-9 years ago i set a test (Super Chev Mag) involving Joe Houss Gen 2 Viper(Joe was the president of the VCA)against a (for the time) current Gen Z06 head to head ,same driver same day ,same track.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
But both you 1bad and Jamie ignored my questions. How many runs have you made in an 08 Viper to compete against the hundreds (I am guessing here) of runs you have made in a Z06? 5 for you and how many for Jamie? 2, 3, ... Give it an equal amount of comparison and optimization time and I am sure it will make up that small time difference and more. Especially if you find one of those -500 or -1000 ft days.

Come on either make an equal effort or quit the comparisons.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
But both you 1bad and Jamie ignored my questions. How many runs have you made in an 08 Viper to compete against the hundreds (I am guessing here) of runs you have made in a Z06? 5 for you and how many for Jamie? 2, 3, ... Give it an equal amount of comparison and optimization time and I am sure it will make up that small time difference and more. Especially if you find one of those -500 or -1000 ft days.

Iam not saying your wrong( I THINK GIVEN THE CORRECT DRIVER,CONDITIONS AND TRACK ITS POSSIBLE TO SEE A high 10 with a totally stock Gen AS the trap speed indicates its possible )what iam saying is the cars are so damn CLOSE perf wise it totally comes down to the DRIVER.A great driver in the Z06 will beat a good driver in the Gen 4 no problem and vice versa.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
pS THE Mopar Atl Nat are held in early June at Englishtown NJ .(In the past there has been quite a few Vipers on hand)by then i should have another Gen 4 .Jamie Furman hopefully will come up with his Z06.I propose to let Jamie run BOTH cars same day,same track,and inturn GIVE A FULL REPORT of the results.

jamie furman

Enthusiast
Reaction score

GR8 I have made 100's of passes in Vipers and regardless of what some ***** waist in Fla and Canada have to say I like Vipers or I wouldn't of bought 12 of them since 1996 and raced at several Viper Shootouts over the years. Alice claims I criticize the Viper? Tell me what criticism I gave it. They call me Viper Basher? What did I bash? Is it because I am not on the ground sucking the tailpipes with them?, I like them but I don't want to make love to them! If they disagree with anything I have posted they should go out and prove me wrong! That would be hard to do since I am the fastest in a stock Viper also, so that puts a crimp in their argument, and since I don't drool and fawn all over my Viper and I state that other manufactuers make fast cars also I guess I have made them mad about their or their daddys cars? So let me apoligize, sorry Alice and Ted but the facts are the facts! Live with it!

Oh and GR8 I do think the Viper will run the fastest 1/4 when its all said and done but I ran out of season last year but I will pick it back up in March when the tracks open back up. But if and when it happens you can believe it won't be by much! And I don't think anyone? I know for sure I haven't, said the Z06 was faster, I think what was said was up to this point the Z06 has run the fastest times which is also a fact!

Last edited:

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I actually like my Viper more than my Z06. But, it is funny how some of you still think we are "Vette guys" just because we state facts and results from our own track testing. Honestly, I wish my '06 Viper was faster stock than a C6Z, but that has not been the case. I sure like how the Viper looks, always have, always will. It is a better built car in my opinion. Just not quicker than a C6Z.

As for the ZR1 Ted, I'll let you know how I feel about it once I own one and get to race it myself. Otherwise, I think it is just an overpriced Corvette with a blower on it. I built a faster one for half the price back in 2005.

BTW, the Z06 is actually my wife's car. She loves it, and hates the Viper. lol

Tony

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GR8 I have made 100's of passes in Vipers and regardless of what some ***** waist in Fla and Canada have to say I like Vipers or I wouldn't of bought 12 of them since 1996 and raced at several Viper Shootouts over the years. They call me Viper Basher because I am not on the ground sucking the tailpipes with them, I like them but I don't want to make love to them! If they disagree with anything I have posted they should go out and prove me wrong! That would be hard to do since I am the fastest in a stock Viper also, so that puts a crimp in their argument, and since I don't drool and fawn all over my Viper and I state that other manufactuers make fast cars also I guess I have made them mad about their or their daddys cars? So let me apoligize, sorry Alice and Ted but the facts are the facts! Live with it!

Oh and GR8 I do think the Viper will run the fastest 1/4 when its all said and done but I ran out of season last year but I will pick it back up in March when the tracks open back up. But if and when it happens you can believe it won't be by much! And I don't think anyone? I know for sure I haven't, said the Z06 was faster, I think what was said was up to this point the Z06 has run the fastest times which is also a fact!
Great reply Jamie.The funny thing is the guy from CANADA has owned ALL of one Viper (which he bought used )for an entire year, yet is an authority on the car while between you and i alone (cant speak for 9 Ball )we have owned 17 of them dating back to the early 90s (not bad for 2 Viper bashers).

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It will be nice when you both have an opportunity to put enough runs under your belt to truly find out the 08/09 Viper limits. Most of us can never provide that opportnity, whether it be due to our location or capability. For that we applaude you (at least most of us). We just want to make sure the opportunities are somewhat equalized before declaration, as has been done in this thread by numerous people.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ps this same CANADIAN guy has NEVER driven or raced a current Generation Z06 or Viper(admits he is HUNDREDS of miles away from the nearest cars )His ENTIRE Viper experiance comes down to owning a Viper (2 Generations old )for only a year thats it.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It will be nice when you both have an opportunity to put enough runs under your belt to truly find out the 08/09 Viper limits. Most of us can never provide that opportnity, whether it be due to our location or capability. For that we applaude you (at least most of us). We just want to make sure the opportunities are somewhat equalized before declaration, as has been done in this thread by numerous people.
You should try to make it to Englishtown in June Iam sure you would really enjoy yourself.

jamie furman

Enthusiast
Reaction score

There have been no declarations, just observed facts.

Alexarz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"*** Wee" Furman, you need to take some english language classes and learn a thing or two about grammar, punctuation and spelling. Your bombastic rants are littered with linguistic filth, the likes that indicate your lack of social standing. There isn't any valid debate here concerning which car makes more power. The Gen 4 Viper not only beats the Z06 (no contest) but betters the ZR1 as well. 1/4 mile runs can be so dependent on traction and other variables that performance cannot be fairly measured in such low scale competitions. In reality, there isn't any denying that the Viper produces more power. Now please, go get educated before you decide to criticize me with your sub-literacy.

jamie furman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"*** Wee" Furman, you need to take some english language classes and learn a thing or two about grammar, punctuation and spelling. Your bombastic rants are littered with linguistic filth, the likes that indicate your lack of social standing. There isn't any valid debate here concerning which car makes more power. The Gen 4 Viper not only beats the Z06 (no contest) but betters the ZR1 as well. 1/4 mile runs can be so dependent on traction and other variables that performance cannot be fairly measured in such low scale competitions. In reality, there isn't any denying that the Viper produces more power. Now please, go get educated before you decide to criticize me with your sub-literacy.

Alice I am literate enough to be a Self Made Multi Millionaire Business Owner with Homes in Palm Beach and Clearwater Florida and of course Northern Virginia. I own single cars that are probably more valuable than your net worth.

Hows that for social standing? As if I give a sh*t what you think!

Although I am looking for a good landscaper in Clearwater, interested?

Alexarz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alice I am literate enough to be a Self Made Multi Millionaire Business Owner with Homes in Palm Beach and Clearwater Florida and of course Northern Virginia. I own single cars that are probably more valuable than your net worth.

Hows that for social standing? As if I give a sh*t what you think!

Although I am looking for a good landscaper in Clearwater, interested?

"*** Wee", it is great that you are a business success but without being educated, it doesn't mean ****. Use some of your money to go to college and maybe you will stop embarrassing yourself with such horrific, sub-literate writing skills.

jamie furman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"*** Wee", it is great that you are a business success but without being educated, it doesn't mean ****. Use some of your money to go to college and maybe you will stop embarrassing yourself with such horrific, sub-literate writing skills.

Alice I am not embarrassed in the least! Quite the contrary! I tell you what I think is embarrassing to me, and that is to be a Poser, and a Troll that can't back up ONE WORD that you spew. Alice you continuously make false statements about false facts and embellish those false facts with outright lies. Alice you have no credentials, knowledge or reputation to post on a Viper board or any other car board that I can think of and really I don't understand why you even bother to post on subjects you clearly know nothing about(sports car performance and racing). I haven't ever seen anyone come to your aid or claim to know you or have even seen you so certainly friendship must avoid you as well! It really seems like EDUCATION has enhanced your life!

Last edited:

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There have been no declarations, just observed facts.
Sorry, but you miss the point. When someone posts that the Z06 is quicker in the 1/4 and uses your data to support it it is not a good comparison. That is why I asked how many tries, in comparable conditions, etc. And I did not say the declarations were from you. There is a band of vette merrymen jumping on the bandwagon the second you post the times using them as gospel.

A handful of tries on a mediocre day with a first time driver for the given car versus many, many runs including some in near perfect conditions for the other. It takes more than a few runs to learn the best launch and shifts and then to use them in the right conditions.

Status
Not open for further replies.