Viper was the hit of the party....as usual!

alpine7822

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I took the Viper out to a political fund raiser Friday night. My boss is supporting a candidate for Mayor of Richmond, so I figured I might as well have some fun. As I pull up, they are setting up a "valet parking" stand (well, it was the homeowner's nephew, not a "real" valet - not that it made a difference). As I pulled up you should have seen the look on his face, of course that changed when I parked the car myself and gave him a couple bucks to keep an eye on it - NO TOUCHING!

As I mingled around, I kept hearing whispers and chatter about "that Viper out front." I even heard the candidate say "I should be getting a nice check from whoever drove that Viper here - wonder who it is." It was hilarious.

The best part was when I met my receptionists boyfriend. He was trying to make small talk about the car and the sale of the Viper line. He said he was "glad to see I went with the SRT-10 instead of the V-8 model." I just looked at a friend of mine who knows about Vipers and we both looked shocked at the comment. I then gave the lad a quick lesson in Viper history and explained that the Viper only comes in a V-10, V-8s are for vettes.

I also had to allow everyone to take pictures and even took one client for a ride. Based on the results of that party, my Mamba could win the election right now and be Mayor of Richmond! There was more interest in my car than they guy running for office. That made my whole weekend. :drive: :usa:

DEKE01

Viper Owner
Reaction score
great story Mike. And since you took a client for a ride, the way i figure it, you can deduct the whole Viper as a business expense. :)

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike, that is a great story! Yeah, the VIPER generates MUCHO interest for sure~! And, for you, the owner to give a nice check...that ALSO is the misconception about Viper owners...that we somehow have money trees in our forest...Mike works every day so he can HAVE our dream car: VIPER!! VERY nice! ~juli

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4