Viper Wizard to the Rescue

Darbgnik

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It seems to me that Chuch Tator doesn't get much publicity in the SRT section of these forums so I chose this location for this post.

Also this could help other owners as well.

I noticed a leak under the Viper a few days ago, and threw it up on the hoist to track it down. Following the gravity rule I traced it to the fitting on the high pressure hose leaving the power steering hose heading to the hydraulic fan. As I discovered this the day before I was travelling 450 miles to the race track, I ordered it through a dealership in Calgary in case it got worse when I got there.

Turns out the leak was under control when I was there, so I just picked up the part and threw it in the trunk to change when I got home.

Today, I opened the bag to install it, and only now notice there is one fitting in the bag, and I need two(for the ends, they come separate). I called the parts dept I bought it from, who looked at his catalog, and couldn't figure out if the hose came with one or two fittings, nor which part number of fitting my car needed. He asked his techs who also didn't know.

Okay, so now I'm on my own.:dunno:

So I called Chuck Tator. His secretary took my number(international long distance by the way), and he called me back in a few minutes. After I told him I bought a new high pressure hose to replace the one that's leaking, he finished my sentence saying it only comes with one fitting. Aha! This was the right guy to talk to. Yes, I reply that's the part I need. He put me on hold for a minute and came back with the part number I need. 52088914AA by the way. He also explained why it comes with only one and where to find the note in the parts catalog referring to it.

He figured the cost to ship it to me would be more than the part itself, and that I should give this part number to my local dealer.

What a standup guy. Never made a penny off of me, and the call probably cost him.

Thanks again, and remember he's the Viper Wizard for SRT Vipers as well.

SlateEd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Absolutely!!!

I brought my '06 in to Tator's for a leaking shock replacement, and he mentioned that while they had the rear wheel off they went in and tightened a bolt that holds part of the body down to part of the frame and routinely comes loose with the vibration of driving. You can't see the bolt from the wheel well, just something they've learned having seen hundreds of SRTs and a few dozen with that bolt coming loose.

You don't find that kind of experience too often.

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I heard that some Doc in Switzerland is looking for some human DNA for a clone job- I vote for the Wizard. That way we could have copies of him all around the Viper Nation:D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dugger