Viper wreck on the Northern State 11/29

banshe302

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Does anyone know who just wrecked there brand new maroon coupe on the northern state ,they are pulling it out of the wooda as we speak 9:23 am. hope he is ok

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ouch......

i know MY tires were spinning like crazy yesterday out there in the cold weather. hope this guys ok.

OP
OP
B

banshe302

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Im trying to post a pic but I cant dont know how ,I went to a tread showing how but not working sorry

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
B

banshe302

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thats what happens when you dont respect the power of the Beast.I hope the guy is ok .

alpine7822

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope he is okay too...just another dead 08. I was spinning the tires last night, and it was only 55! I'm asking Santa to replace my runcraps for Chirstmas!

yellowvipergts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In my opinion I honestly think it's in poor taste to have these photos posted out here almost before the engine was even cold on this Viper. Let's have a little respect for the driver and possible the passenger.

OP
OP
B

banshe302

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I spoke to the cops at the scene and the guy driving had only a few scratches and the cop said that for the speed he was going thet the car handled the hit better than most cars he has seen .

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just drove that road yesterday AM. You have to be a part of a serious mistake (yours or someone else's) or be WAY over the limit to get into trouble. Good to hear the owner's OK, but cold temps ALWAYS seem to bring this about. Don't want to misjudge what happened.

I hate learning of this stuff!

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In my opinion I honestly think it's in poor taste to have these photos posted out here almost before the engine was even cold on this Viper. Let's have a little respect for the driver and possible the passenger.

Opinion noted. :rolleyes: Thanks for posting the pics guys. :2tu: Was it anyone we know? Any news on their condition? Hopefully they walked away from it. Be careful out there.

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
what is the deal with venom red and ssg with wrecks,anybody seen or heard of another 08 color,if this keeps going like it has,they are working there way to be low numberd paint color in a few years:(

voi9

Viper Owner
Reaction score
what is the deal with venom red and ssg with wrecks,anybody seen or heard of another 08 color,if this keeps going like it has,they are working there way to be low numberd paint color in a few years:(
What did somebody put a curse on those colors? :lmao:

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I drove home from Tators to Long Island that same morning, on that same road.
It was cold, but not THAT bad. I am glad the driver was not hurt, but you have to be driving stupid fast or careless to lose it on a basically straight dry road assuming you were not cut off or something out of your control. It's not like these cars are uncontrollable because the road is cold, how about you learn how to adapt to the conditions.

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I couldn't agree more.

How awful to BE in an accident, possibly be hurt, know your baby is wrecked then come home to get help from the Viper folks and see people posting pics of your misfortune.

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I drove home from Tators to Long Island that same morning, on that same road.
It was cold, but not THAT bad. I am glad the driver was not hurt, but you have to be driving stupid fast or careless to lose it on a basically straight dry road assuming you were not cut off or something out of your control. It's not like these cars are uncontrollable because the road is cold, how about you learn how to adapt to the conditions.

I noted those same thoughts Jon. Let's just give this owner the benefit of the doubt and assume there were circumstances beyond his control that led to this accident.

It pretty much ***** regardless, :(

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
doubtful, the tool was probably driving like an ass in cold weather and in a car he cant handle.

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It does not matter (for us - for now) how the accident happened - for the owner: yes! It is a bad situation anyway.

Hopefully, he has not been hurt and could walk away!
The car can be replaced, not the driver/passenger.

If cold tires and/or other circumstances caused the accident, it would be nice to hear from the OWNER himself - please wait until than with any judgment!

I have been in these "shoes" and prejudices do not help. Only facts.

P.S.: post # 2400

OP
OP
B

banshe302

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I Heard The Guy Was In His 60's And Was Fine Besides A Few Glass Cuts. Glad He Is Ok , As For How It Happened I Heard He Got On It And Went A Little Sideways Caught The Guard Rail And Went Up On The Rail Like A Ramp Into The Trees. Took Some Good Hits And Finally Landed.i Was Told By One Of The People At The Sceane That The Car Took Some Good Hits And The Car For What It Is Worth Took The Hit Very Well. The Driver Wasn't Hurt As Bad As He Could Of Been.

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I too hope the driver and passenger (if there was) are okay.

Looks like an extriacation, as it was bad enough for both air bags to go off and the fender and door have been removed from next to the car. Can't tell too much else, but there is damage along (what looks like) the top of the door sill, so it is possible that the door was ripped off....who knows though.

Not sure where on the Northern State, but I know that there are parts that are pretty tough and slippery.

Sad to see regardless.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21