SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
even the viper's rear is better then a ford gt's

You must be registered for see images attach

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
F430 spyder, 6spd., in blue w/daytona seats (saddle) interior w/matching inserts (exterior color),tubi exhaust, challenge BBS wheels and challenge rear grill....
Sounds like i have got it figured out already huh... lol :2tu: :2tu:

Yes, it would seem as though you have given this some thought! :D

vette2viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. Gallardo spider (will be out soon)
2. F430 spider

For a fast car, a Viper GTS built bigtime...

OP
OP
S

sween

Enthusiast
Reaction score
so here is how the votes are going

f430......10 votes
GT.........5 votes
lambo...5 votes
Viper.....3 votes
GT3.......1 votes
ZO6......O votes

keep the votes comming :2tu:

so far 24 votes

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry, but I can't seriously compare cars without regard for price. Except for the extremely rich, few people are going to be comparing $65K-$85K cars with $150K-$250K cars.

I'm not really a fan of the 430's styling, and I want a car that I would be happy driving every day. And yet not wanting a luxo-mobile.
Still, I'd want to have a unique car, and one that's a balanced, reliable performer.

So out of this group I'd pick the Viper and bolt-on a supercharger. Then it would quicker than the all of the others, but still under $100K. :laugh:

Next on the list I'd pick the Ford GT, and then the Z06 (which would be later modded).

The GT3 is quick and reliable, but like the Z06, it looks too much like the regular 911 and Corvette. :(
And the Lambo and Ferrari are better as 30 minute cars, than something that you would feel comfortable putting some real miles on the car.

Fast Freddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the next car i will be adding to my collection will be a year 2006 ford GT. after that i will be selling my C5 Z06 to buy the new C6 Z06. the viper stays :usa:

OP
OP
S

sween

Enthusiast
Reaction score
so here is how the votes are going

f430......17 votes
GT.........7 votes
lambo...5 votes
Viper.....4 votes
GT3.......1 votes
maita....1 votes (new coice J/K)
ZO6......O votes

keep the votes comming :2tu:

so far 34 real votes (mazda maita doesnt count :( )

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bwright truly believes that higher tech is the correct path for sports cars, including the Viper. We've argued this point before.

Yes, the Vette has superior technical specs. and it's computing power seriously rivals the space shuttle, but as many have said before, driving a Viper makes you wanna 'slap yo momma' while a vette borders of Camry/Accord levels of skill to extract high performance. Neither is wrong, but only one stokes my fire.

I'm sure Bwright is gonna come back with some 'differences' to my opinion! What Euro magazine said the Vette (standard) could run circles around the Viper because it's just so easy to drive?

By the way, I vote for the F430. High tech, exciting to drive, and almost unattainable!

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bwright truely believes that higher tech is the correct path for sports cars,

Yeah, high tech. Wouldn't it be great if you could just sit behind the wheel and not have to worry about traction? Not worry about pesky things like heal-n-toe, missed shifts, flat spots, caster/camber, suspension setups.

Bwright needs a video game.

Bwright

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes Sween, Viperfreak2 is indeed correct, I am 100% serious about the Z06. And no Viperfreak2, I have no difference with your opinion today other than to say that while it is an awesome car I am still not as enamored of the F430.

BTW VF2, the "Slap yo mama" line made me genuinely laugh to tears. Funny stuff :2tu: .

DSR207

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quote:
"while it is an awesome car I am still not as enamored of the F430"

Are you sure, take another look

You must be registered for see images

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's gotta be a 'price' thing then. The F430 is slightly more technically sophisticated. Both have Aluminum chassis, the vette is mostly plastic on the outside while the F430 is mostly aluminum. The Carbon fiber fenders on the vette are more advanced. The suspension settings on the Ferrari are greater, but I wouldn't say the system is better than the Vettes magnetic shocks. Engines? While the Vette has more power and torque, I think getting 485hp from a 4.3 liter is amazing. Gearbox techno goes to the Ferrari as does interior style.

Price? Vette Exclusive? F430 Fun to drive? Can't wait to find out! I just hope the car rags include the Viper in the inevitable vs. contests. I will cancel my subscription to any magazine that puts the Z06, Ford GT, and F430 on the cover with the title "Ultimate blah blah"

Maybe the correct poll question could be "IF GIVEN (tax free - see Darth Vader Viper post) one of these cars..."