Viper ?

boogie-n

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thinking about getting a Viper. Have a few ?s is Dodge going to stop making Vipers after 2010? I would like a 2003-2004 Viper is there anything I should know before buying one? Thanks for the help!!

OP
OP
B

boogie-n

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the link I will try and find "The Viper Buyers Guide". Do you guy know if Dodge is going to stop making the Viper?

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the link I will try and find "The Viper Buyers Guide". Do you guy know if Dodge is going to stop making the Viper?

There are multiple threads on that topic on this site. Bottom line is that they will make 500 2010s with modified gearing and some new colors. Supposedly they are working on a new generation for 2012 although that info gets a little fuzzy. Auto makers don't like talking too much about future plans.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thinking about getting a Viper. Have a few ?s is Dodge going to stop making Vipers after 2010? I would like a 2003-2004 Viper is there anything I should know before buying one? Thanks for the help!!

CONGRATS!! Your subject line "VIPER?" ona Viper website wins the "most vague post" award today!

1st question: YES, stopping for one model year for certain
2nd question: You should know that 03-04 prices are VERY affordable right now.

In any case, Id be happy to share some minutes with you if you call me....Ive owned 15 of em since 1992..... Im Pacific time..... Good Luck, JonB

OP
OP
B

boogie-n

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes I dont want to spend more than 40k thats all I can swing. I have a Harley Davidson for sale that has to go 1st. I found one about 60 miles from me that im going to go check out this weekend just to sit in one at lest before I buy one. Anyway thanks for the great info!!

OP
OP
B

boogie-n

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was able to go check out this weekend and man it just makes me want one even more:) Its a tight fit for me but I was comfortable in the seat at least for the few mins I was in it LOL Cant wait to get into one.

V

Venomiss

This was posted by wormdoggy and he got it from someone else in a search:

Here are some differences :

03 and 04 came with factory 7/70 powertrain warranty
04's possible cam bolt torque problem is built prior to 01/31/04
04's had a different oil pressure and temp gauge
05's had a different factory head unit
05's and up have a slightly diff. valve cover. vent tubes at the front
04's and up came with trunk mat
03's and 04's factory oil fill is 10w-30 while 05's and up 0w-40
no special editions made in 03
2003 have different connecting rod then 04's. they are forged in the 03's and PM in 04. Crank balance is also different
05's have different PCM
crank trigger location moved from the flywheel in 03/04 to side of block in 95.
05's up changed the damper bolt to 3/4" vs the smaller 13mm in 03's and up.
Main bearings changed in 05 to 180 degree mains from 120 in order to address oil starvation issues at rods. this is the reason for the lower oil pressure at idle for the 05 cars
04's up have red calipers
timing cover changed in 05 to incorporate a wire holder for the cam sensor. old covers used a bolt on clip.

Hope this helps. I printed this off from some other post and have had it ever since. Thanks to the writer for some great information.

Patrick

Be sure and use the search feature at the top of the page. There are many threads devoted to your questions.:)
The best information will come from a Viper tech and on page two there is a listing of many from around the country in this thread.
http://forums.viperclub.org/dealer-...ost-good-first-time-buyers-2.html#post2782764
Good luck in your search.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960