300DSCF0033-med.JPG
300DSCF0029-med.JPG
300DSCF0021-med.JPG
300DSCF0016-med.JPG

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Vipernut\'s Collection (ITS CRAZY)

Blimey you have been busy ! your wife must really love you, very impresive collection. If have any spares you want to sell let me know, I'm helping Steve of our club guys with his collection, he currently has around 400 viper model cars

Daffy Duck Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Man oh man oh man. That is really something! You wouldn't believe such a thing unless you saw it. Wow. Impressive, to say the least.

You must be registered for see images

vipernut

VCA International Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score

I'd like to thank Viprrrrrs for posting my pictures....THANKS!

This collection has actually grown since these photos were taken!! It now covers 3 FULL rooms!!
There is a fair bit of VOI stuff that isn't pictured!!
And Neil-UK....it's MY HUSBAND who really loves me!!

As crazy as my collection is....I know there are bigger/better ones out there...my mentor has always been Maurice Liang!!

SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hey Vipernut...anytime you have a garage sale (make that a 3 room sale) let me know. :D You can open up your own store!

Motor City Mad Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score

That is one heck of a collection. I too have run up against Vipernut on Viper E-bay auctions. Even sold her a Viper (Ophidiophobia)t-shirt on E-bay a year or 2 ago.

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Blimey you have been busy ! your wife must really love you, very impresive collection. If have any spares you want to sell let me know, I'm helping Steve of our club guys with his collection, he currently has around 400 viper model cars

you mean HER husband!!!!

Quite the collection! I'm jealous!

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score

sorry vipernut, I presumed WRONGLY ! have you ever had a count up ?

HSSSTOY

Enthusiast
Reaction score

My wife and I were invited to visit Vipernut at her home last winter. I wrote this about her, in The Viper Magazine quarterly spring issue 03.

"As soon as we pulled in her driveway there were two Vipers parked in the garage, a 94 Red RT-10 and a 96 GTS Blue/White stripes.

Upon entering her home we notice the living room and the dining
room were filled with viper related items, no furniture. The most gorgeous
Viper leather Jackets ( about a dozen), which made me drool all over her
carpet. Viper models, big ,small, and rare, she got them all.

T-shirts, Posters, Viper Pin Ball Machine, and some amazing original Viper art. Also some, marble carved Vipers, and a wooden Viper model child size. Actually three rooms of her house are full of Viper Memorabila. Vipernuts, deserve the title of --- Viper Memorabila Queen ---."

vipernut

VCA International Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score

Thank you all for your lovely comments...(especially Nabil....(HSSSTOY).I feel like I'm among friends....anywhere else this might be viewed as CRAZY!!!!!

And Neil.....I have never had a count up...but anytime you want...you're welcome to come on over and give it a go!!

Anybody else who is in Southern Ontario is welcome to come on over also!!

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Very nice, looks like my office :) I ran out of room and had to stop :(

I have one thing that every "nut" needs to get..... a plastic Viper Engine (I have to thank Andy Levitt for finding the manufacturer). It is a pretty cool thing. Plastic block, heads, and valve covers in full scale. They have threaded inserts in all the right places to attach all the parts. I'm still looking for an inexpensive or damaged timing chain cover and bell housing to finish it off, I've been picking up parts for this display engine for years. Most of the parts are damaged, rejects, or otherwise of no-use in a real engine. I was stuck trying to get a damaged block and heads, so this worked out pretty good. I have the throttle bodies, but I have not got around to sticking them on yet.

engine.jpg

If you are interested, the people I got it from are:

P-Ayr Products
719 Delaware Street
Leavenworth, Kansas 66048
Orders: 800-322-3285
Voice: 913-651-5543
Fax: 913-651-2084
[email protected]

A Viper is not listed yet on their web site, as it is new..... but as you can see above, they have one.

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Nuts is an understatement!! You are insane. I'm looking at my measily 24 cars and some other stuff and I'm nothing......

Andrew

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score

How much for the plastic block setup?

The block, heads, and valve covers lists for like $600 (ouch) dollars. He caught me in a moment of weakness.... I had the parts all over my office and garage, and they were beginning to get in the way. I really do not know how much I have in all the parts.... I'd guess I have between $1000 and $1200 total including the block. I've been buying parts one at a time for over five years... a throttle body here, valve cover there, oil pan around the corner. I guess I'm the "insane" one.....

The block is really designed for people who are making hot-rods. It is to scale, so they are nice an light and a lot easier to manipulate for making frames and such around the block. People also use them in product displays. I think that Cory from Snake Oyl had one at VOI sitting in a frame with his speed parts bolted on.

When I bought it, the owner told me one person uses their's every Christmas in their Santa Display.... To power Santa's Sleigh!

VOI9 ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Vipernut, I think I may start collecting Viper stuff. Looks like fun.

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score

What a collection! Just made me realize that I only have a starter kit! :laugh:

Viperzilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I'm a starter as well. I have a total of ~10 Viper(with 45 other cars) 1:18 scale models, 4 1:24 scales, some Johnny Lightnings and Matchbox. Some Viper mags and books, about 10 shirts (thanks Lee), VCA wine glass, some small VOI6 and 7 memorabilia (thanks Lee), a couple posters, and tin sign.

I even won a bottle of wine at one point from the VA/MD Holiday party, but I figured I'd offer it to the table since I'm 18 and prefer beer (I drink only occasionally though). :)

JGViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I wish I had some photos to post of my collection. I have been collecting diecast (Vipers only) for about 4 years now. At last count, I had about 400 in 1/64th scale, about 10 in 1/18th scale, and 1 in 1/12th scale....but a do have quite a few duplicates of each! I like to buy a few to keep sealed, and an extra to open up for display. My girlfriend thinks that with as much as I've spent on "stupid toys" I could actually put a down payment on a real Viper!

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score

Now I don't feel so bad for buying that Nikko remote control Viper!

Thats a fantastic collection, Vipernut!!

I got a few posters, hung in the garage where I park the snake, three GTS' in 1:18 scale, red, white, and blue, one Nikko remote control GTS, the tin GTS sign, VCA Christmas party wine glasses, and a big LAZART crystal cube with a GTS in it, blue lights from underneath.

I've also got a lot of magazines and books on the Viper, can't---seem-----to-----throw-----em----out------gasp---

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You guys are some serious car nuts. Lol.

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score

WOW!! Very Very Cool!!

I would love to have an all Viper Decor house :)

Lund

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I had posted regarding a few RT10 and GTS prints that we have left. Everyone may remember me as owning the company that produced the GTS prints with Lutz, Gale and Castaing signatures.

Let me know if you wants some info.

Eric
[email protected]

2MANYTOYS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Anyone have a diecast model of a solid yellow GTS? I can't find one anywhere. If anyone has one or an extra I would like to buy it.

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score

wow and I thought mine was big

DiecastViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Anyone have a diecast model of a solid yellow GTS? I can't find one anywhere. If anyone has one or an extra I would like to buy it.

I have an extra 1:64th solid yellow gts in a MB 5 pack if you are interested let me know. Thanks, David