Vipers and ******* and Ford GT's on Travel Channel today

Got Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vipers and ******* and Ford GT\'s on Travel Channel today

Today on the Travel Channel "American Supercars" at 9pm and midnight eastern time or 6pm and 9pm pacific time, they will be showing our Viper Club at ******* and Thunderhill Raceway. They might even show my wife and me if we don't end up on the cutting room floor,talking about my Viper. I have no idea how the format of the hour long show will work, but it is about American Supercars and talks about the Viper and the Ford GT

K

Kaya

Re: Vipers and ******* and Ford GT\'s on Travel Channel today

Recording it now...awesome.....

Jay H

Enthusiast
Reaction score

this IS SO BAD @$$!!! I think the Viper critics should see this!!!

FE+ACR

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Who is this idiot saying the Viper is a mid-life crisis vehicle while the GT is more of a serious sports car? Last I heard, the Viper has won more races/titles than this GT-40 wanna be! They're spending more time talking about the GT-40 than the GT, LOL....unreal!

00SVTdubs

Enthusiast
Reaction score

wow, those cars had some killer et's and mph's at the track, lol.

GREAT DRIVERS, haha

RikRok

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Great show, but I wish someone who can race his car was there for the shoot out. BTW, that GT owner is a total cocky ass.

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Who is this idiot saying the Viper is a mid-life crisis vehicle while the GT is more of a serious sports car? Last I heard, the Viper has won more races/titles than this GT-40 wanna be! They're spending more time talking about the GT-40 than the GT, LOL....unreal!

yeh I was surprised how much time they spent on the GT-although it IS a very kewl car. I think it was a compliment to compare the 2 cars

OP
OP
G

Got Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score

:( O.K., they showed my engine for about 2 seconds, and they used my voice for one or two sentences, when they interviewed us all day. Now I know what it is like to be a film star. ;-) yeah right.... They asked us so many lame questions, without a script, and the one they kep't was me saying that the Viper Club was better than the car??? What about my Sean Roe Blower???

Jay H

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Its OK Dennis, we are still proud of you!

FE+ACR

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I thought it was a great show overall. It was great to see the VRL footage. Definitely a compliment given the hype around the GT!

twinturbo3150

Enthusiast
Reaction score

they should of put WANTED behind the wheel in the 1/4.

Randy

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Yeah, I even saw myself in the background of one shot, and two shots of my car moving. And, I'm the only one that will know it was me. :cool:

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Yeah I got my two seconds of fame )or at least my car did.;)

I liked the program overall, and it was nice to see the Viper being compared to the Ford GT, rather than the usual Viper/Corvette comparisons that we have all been seeing lately. :laugh:

ryan94rt10

Viper Owner
Reaction score

it was a great show...thanks for the heads up!

nice to see a show on our awesome rides

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

It would be difficult to screw up a show about these two cars but it could have been sooooo much better.

Yeah, the midlife crisis comment is about as dumb of comment there is.

Some folks just don't "get" Viper.

DanAuito

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Who in the hell let the inexperienced driver represent us on the track! Very unfair I thought, but then again our boy from Ford looked like he was missing shifts while being busy looking over to his left. AAARRRGGGG!!!!

Now I see what the Viper days is all about, how many folks have dinged up their rides in these races? That's the only thing that concerns me, otherwise count me in.

Midlife crisis my a$$, I wanted one the day they came out and I was no where near a grey hair!

$145,000 supercharged against an $85,000 stock? One Roe supercharger please along with an experienced driver and back to the track we go! We'll see about that!

Awesome show, I loved every minute of the Viper footage, they can keep the GT.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Now I see what the Viper days is all about, how many folks have dinged up their rides in these races? That's the only thing that concerns me, otherwise count me in.

The only ones that ding their ride are the ones that think they know how to drive. Guys like me. :)

Rookies never wreck.

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score

i enjoyed the segment about the roadrunner. i could have sworn they referred to it as a cuda a couple of times! they obviously didnt do their homework when it came to the narration. like you guys said, mistakes, mistakes, mistakes.

enjoyed it. thanks for telling us!

<< Midlife crisis my a$$, I wanted one the day they came out and I was no where near a grey hair! >>

how about the comments that made us look like we are all filthy rich? i thought they made the car sound like it was almost unobtainable.

OP
OP
G

Got Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score

:2tu: I'm signing autgraphs now after they showed my Lethal Viper Roe Blower engine for 3 seconds, and let one sentence out of waiting around all day and interviewing me for 40 minutes??? Anyway, if anybody missed the show, it will air again on May 17th at 1pm pacific time or 4 pm eastern time on the Travel Channel.

Reaction score

Nice way to spend a Sunday hour.

The drag race numbers show how critical driver experience is when looking at performance. At VOI 4(July 1997) a few of us drove "Team Viper" cars (going from VOI to an auction). These were 96 GTS's beat close to death, Bontempi turned a 12:38 and I did a 12:48. For those who where there remember the temperature was over a 100.

Point I am trying to make is that a SRT10 should be at least a .5 sec. faster than those from VOI4. And the 14 second run(in the SRT10 Viper) is slower than my RAM QC.

Overall the coverage was good. And I now have my two seconds of fame. :2tu:

VENOMAHOLIC

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I loved the show except for the waste of time spent on GT40 kit cars. I laughed when it was said you could spend 140k to make a replica kit car when a new Ford GT MSRP's at the same price level. I think a DVD of show is worth buying from the Travel Channel. The muscle car show after was pretty good too.

Fast Viper Dan

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Wow, did you see all of those Panoz Race cars?? LOL
The Silver one was my favorite ! :cool:

VIPER 93

Viper Owner
Reaction score

They made the ford seem almost impossible to own at 2-3 times window sticker.

RoyV101621

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Yea, the show was full of inaccuracies. Still congrats to Skip, Courtney and Viper Days. You finally make TV after eleven years of hard work. I would believe the public would be more interested in club racing. I'll be recording on May 17.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960