Vipers in CT

Sneaky Pete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I decided to take a ride up to the Berlin Turnpike ('the Pike') Saturday night and parked the GTS at BK and shot the **** with a few of the guys for an hour or so. I was truly shocked to see a yellow with black stripes SRT10 coupe roll through only minutes after I got there. The owners didn't stop, but I was surprised to see another Viper. When I mentioned to the gentleman I was talking with that I was surprised to see another Viper, he said yet another one rolled through a few minutes earlier. Which got me thinking...

How many Vipers do we have rolling around in CT??? Post up folks! :cool:

markus

Viper Owner
Reaction score
just had my red srt up there a few weeks ago. if all goes according to plan, i should be moving up to the hartford area within the next few weeks, knock on wood.

Beau

Viper Owner
Reaction score
2005 viper red convert up here in Enfield. Went to Mark's Auto Parts cruise Monday night the 21st, it was Corvette night :smirk: and seen the guy in the yellow and black coupe. All of the other shows I've been to this year I've been the only Viper there. Just shy of 800 cars at Mark's Monday night, free to enter and a good time.:2tu:

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We have about a dozen or so Vipers in CT. Check out or event schedule in the NY/CT Region forum. Hopefully we'll see you at some upcoming events.

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Red RT in New Fairfield.

We had about 12 or so Vipers show up:drive: last Saturday for the Marcus Dairy meet, though not sure all we actually from CT. But, Tony was not there and a few others from CT that i know of.

Peter

OP
OP
Sneaky Pete

Sneaky Pete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
FWIW, a few friends and I are heading to the Berlin Turnpike tonight, will likely be at BK. Weather looks like it's going to be stellar...

If anyone wants to come, it would be cool to have some more Vipers show up! :2tu:

bluequadcab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
FWIW, a few friends and I are heading to the Berlin Turnpike tonight, will likely be at BK. Weather looks like it's going to be stellar...

If anyone wants to come, it would be cool to have some more Vipers show up! :2tu:
Would have come if I new earlier, already have plans, what time are you going and staying to?

BOMBOVIPER93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I went to the B.K. show a week ago saturday....I was one of 4 vipers there. It is sponsored by the Mopars in Motion car club every week so obviously all the Mopar cars get the best parking. There was me in my red '93 another red '94 a Gen 3 SRT/10 conv and a blue Gen 4 SRT coupe. Oh....wait...make that 5 I forgot Rocco showed up in his Gen 2 silver RT/10 later. Check it out sometime. If the weather is nice its a great show and there is also an awesome Italian restaurant right next door...Joey Garlic's...you can go get a beeper walk around the show while you wait for your table.

BOMBOVIPER93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Scott,

Its called the Berlin Turnpike...

There is no easier way to explain it then...its the end of the Merrit Pkwy in the dead center of Connecticut. It is about 90 miles from the Bronx. I know that because the little lady works in a pharmacy on Southern Blvd in the BX every Sunday and I live right off "the pike" and it exactly 90 miles door to door, I dont know about Manhattan but you get the picture. Its a cool place definately the best place to cruise in Connecticut on a Friday or Saturday night...although the police have tried to curb that a few times but it has never really worked. There is a great car show at ******* every Friday night and a great show at Burger King on saturday.

OP
OP
Sneaky Pete

Sneaky Pete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi guys,

As Bombo stated, the Pike is w/o a doubt the most happening place to be in CT when it comes to cars. I seldom make it up there on Friday's, but I do go a few times each summer on Saturday nights and it's almost always a great turnout. Mopars in Motion hosts a Mopar show in the BK parking lot on Sat. nights, so being in a Viper almost always gets you a great spot in the front... last Saturday (8/7) was no different as there was a huge turnout.

Anyway, I'm planning on heading back to the Pike on 8/21/10 (weather permitting of course). A friend of mine, Frank Smith will he here that weekend to tune some Vipers. Since Frank is tuning "Viper Tony's" car (he has a new Greg Good H&C package!), so maybe I'll see if we can get Tony to come up with us as well. I'm looking forward to seeing that monster on the road!!!

I'd love to get a bunch of Vipers together Sat 8/21, so if any of you are interested, I'm sure it will be a good time. If the weather is questionable, I'll head up 9/4.

BTW, Frank's bringing his dyno with him and he's an amazing tuner, so if any of you need some tuning done while he's here, let me know and I'll put you in touch with him!

bluequadcab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll be at the New England event, other wise I would have come. I'll make it there one of these nights.

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Scott,

Its called the Berlin Turnpike...

There is no easier way to explain it then...its the end of the Merrit Pkwy in the dead center of Connecticut. It is about 90 miles from the Bronx. I know that because the little lady works in a pharmacy on Southern Blvd in the BX every Sunday and I live right off "the pike" and it exactly 90 miles door to door, I dont know about Manhattan but you get the picture. Its a cool place definately the best place to cruise in Connecticut on a Friday or Saturday night...although the police have tried to curb that a few times but it has never really worked. There is a great car show at ******* every Friday night and a great show at Burger King on saturday.

Southern Blvd is 10 minutes from me, so it might be 95 miles. That's a NICE drive on a warm Saturday night. Might be able to swing it in September. I'll check in when I can.

OP
OP
Sneaky Pete

Sneaky Pete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Frank's not coming up until next weekend and I'm heading over to Caudios (Greenport LI) for the day, but is anyone interested in meeting up at the Pike tonight?

OP
OP
Sneaky Pete

Sneaky Pete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Never mind guys, the beer is flowing nicely and I expect the situation to get a lot worse once I get over to Claudio's! Probably wont make it tonight... looks like it will be 9/4 instead for me.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Frank's not coming up until next weekend and I'm heading over to Caudios (Greenport LI) for the day, but is anyone interested in meeting up at the Pike tonight?

Sorry bud, that's my fault :( but it looks like all systems go for next week. :2tu:

moparornocar

Enthusiast
Reaction score
F Y I theres a all Mopar show this Sunday in Vernon Conn at the Quality Inn Hotel , I go every year and some times a few vipers show up , good show and lots of things for kids . Will be there with the family and will bring new Challenger or 79 Road Runner :D

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No problem at all... hope all is good for this weekend!

Nope...my Belanger headers are at the ceramic coater today and they will not ship in time. Lou is going to get them out to me early next week. Frank is probably going to skin me when I call him today. But next weekend is definite AND next weekend I'm having a little Viper BBQ at my place in Cheshire....all are welcome including Frank. I hope I'm not holding you up with Frank...if so I sincerely apologize.

bluequadcab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Willem and I are headed up to the car show at ******* on the Berlin Turnpike if any Vipers in CT want to join us there. We'll probably go to Burger King tomorrow night.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Callaghen