Vipers Run the Kentucky Bourbon Trail July 30-31, 2011

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are only 5 days away from the the run through the Bourbon Trail!!!!

I just sent out an email to everyone that had told me they were coming. It included all kinds of fun details including the itinerary and driving directions to each location. I will try to get everything here as well. (All times are Eastern)

Saturday July 30th

Optional Convoy to the Meeting Spot
For: Those staying in the hotel Friday night and anyone in the Lexington area that would like to join
Meeting Time: 8:50am
Departure: 9am. Matthew (black/red ACR) will be leading everyone from the Marriott to Woodford Reserve

Main Meeting Spot at Woodford Reserve
Meeting Time: 9:30am

Sunday July 31st

Meeting Time: 9:45am
Departure: 10am. Jason (yellow RT/10) will be leading everyone from the Marriott to Heaven Hill Distillery

I have also attached the pdf with the full itinerary & driving directions.
You must be registered for see images attach

If there are any questions please let me know.

Drive Safe and I will see everyone this weekend!

-Stretch

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Here is the latest reminder concerning this fantastic event !! The following is from IN/KY VCA Southern Director Jason Mattinson:

"There is still time to join us for the Vipers Run the Kentucky Bourbon Trail event coming up this weekend!
If you are interested in going here are the meeting times & locations for each day. All you need to do it show up and join us.

Saturday July 30[SUP]th...[/SUP]
Time: 9:30 AM EDT
Location: Woodford Reserve Distillery (7855 McCracken Pike, Versailles, KY 40383)

Sunday July 31[SUP]st...[/SUP]Time: 9:45 AM EDT
Location: Griffen Gate Marriott (1800 Newtown Pike, Lexington, KY 40511)
(Note: We are departing from the Griffen Gate Mariott and doing a scenic drive to Heaven Hill Distillery in Bardstown, KY. You have the option to skip the scenic drive and meet us at Heaven Hill at 11:45 AM.)"

ALL Viper Owners are WELCOME !!!

OP
OP
daytonprowler

daytonprowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Only two days till "Vipers Run the Kentucky Bourbon Trail"!

If you haven't signed up yet..... what are you waiting for!! It's not too late.

This is a no cost entry fee event. VCA Ohio, VCA IN/KY, and Quality Wires are taking care of your tour fees at the distilleries!

Jason has put together a great driving routes between the distilleries, a great stop for a Viper photo shoot, and lets not forget dinner Saturday night at the famous Malone's Steakhouse in Lexington!

shine

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just a heads up, weather for the Lexington area is looking pretty good for the weekend.

Tomorrow (Saturday) is going to be cloudy and high in upper 80s with some islolated thunderstorms (be prepared to put your roof up!)

Sunday is going to be sunny and 90.

It will be humid both days, bring hats, sunscreen, and A/C!

I'll be meeting anyone wanting to caravan from the Marriott to Woodford Reserve at 9 AM, if we are running behind, there's a direct route, but if we have time, I'll take the scenic route past some gorgeous horse farms!

hermanisky

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sylvia and I will see you at the Marriott in the morning !!! They keep increasing the rain chances for Saturday..up to 60% now, but hey, that's 40% chance of sunshine and who has ever seen a correct weatherman??

OP
OP
daytonprowler

daytonprowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I justed checked weather.com and it shows only a 30% chance of rain for the Lexington area for the whole day Saturday and only 10% for Sunday.

I don't think any of the "weather forecasters" know what they are doing. They should just say 50% chance of rain or sunshine everyday. LOL

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The forecast has improved since I last checked so that is great news. Hopefully we will get a phenomenal weekend for the event!

I'm getting excited! Need to get out of work early today and go wash the car :2tu:

Everyone who is coming in for the event drive safe and I'll see you Saturday morning!

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
HAVE A GREAT AND SAFE TIME EVERYBODY!!!!!! Really wished I could have made this event. Drink some whiskey for me but not while driving or don't drive after you have. One of the two. :D:drive:

shine

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just a little teaser for everyone, from the dinner last night at Malone's Steak House:

You must be registered for see images

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks to all the Vipers that came out this past weekend, I hope you enjoyed it!

Also special thanks to Ronda & Kyle for helping us out big time on Saturday.