VIR IN JULY! WHO'S GOING???

revived_gearhead

Viper Owner
Reaction score
VIR IN JULY! WHO\'S GOING???

Just wondering who's planning on attending the event at VIR! I've drag raced all my life, now I'm going to try this road racing thing! LOL

RC Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: VIR IN JULY! WHO\'S GOING???

A bunch of people from the Carolina's VCA will be attending. Kenny, Henry, Janni, Don, Randy, Robbie, Debbie etc.

pdmracing

Enthusiast
Reaction score

get a room @ the lodge on track its worth every penny, Also @ the last scca race we rented the go cart track for 500$ an hour for exclusive use, 12 carts cost us 40$ each, WHAT A BLAST, the carts hit 50 mpdh & they dont care what ya do with them! The track has elevation, banked turns , almost as fun as the VIR course, 60 second laps. this is a must do.

The white house is now open for drinks & dinner behind the lodge so you never have to leave the track, & if you have never been to VIR, believe me you wont want to! A first class venue.

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score

The lodge is booked. I've been on a waiting list for over a week now.

As it stands - flood waters permitting - the raffle comp coupe is scheduled to be there as well.

pdmracing

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The lodge is booked. I've been on a waiting list for over a week now.

As it stands - flood waters permitting - the raffle comp coupe is scheduled to be there as well.

You kept it! I thought it was fdorsale? Im glad you will get to drive it

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score

A bunch of us are staying in the "hospitality suites" that are truly trackside overlooking the front straight. Complete with garages!!!!

Should be some fun nights - cookouts, golf cart races, etc.

GREAT EVENT - All should come out and join in - even if you don't drive - you can do parade laps during lunch, and check out the vendors - most Vipers assembled outside of a VOI (and Tator's, I guess.)

BLUESNAKE367

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Iam driving down and plan on tracking my GTS for the first time, caution is the word, so no 170mph runs along the straight away for me.. I would die if I hurt my baby in any way.....

Oh yeah, John is driving down also(02 yellow GTS)we are taking the driving school together,we will try to talk Tony (SCVIPERMAD) to bring his bad asp ride also, but, he is a poser,not a racer..

SEASNAKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I'm planning on going for at least one day. Maybe my poor old car will hold up for one more time.

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score

Rick - when are you guys heading down - maybe convoy? The wife's not going so I don't see myself taking the truck. It'd be nice to ride with some cop decoy... er... I mean fellow owners...

02ViperTodd

Enthusiast
Reaction score

PDMRACING..I'd like to talk about this more with you..I definately want to go and bring the wifey..PM me and let me know where you're staying..Is the GA viper club getting a group together?
Thanks,
Todd

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score

PDMRACING..I'd like to talk about this more with you..I definately want to go and bring the wifey..PM me and let me know where you're staying..Is the GA viper club getting a group together?
Thanks,
Todd

Uninvite your wife. I'll go with you

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score

VIR is by far my favorite track-for anyone who hasn't driven it, you will love it for a high HP car. The oak tree will bite you if you let it, and so will the 'esses'-don't let up, and stay on it!

Have never driven my Viper there, I have a dedicated track car-but would love to some day

pdmracing

Enthusiast
Reaction score

VIR is by far my favorite track-for anyone who hasn't driven it, you will love it for a high HP car. The oak tree will bite you if you let it, and so will the 'esses'-don't let up, and stay on it!

Have never driven my Viper there, I have a dedicated track car-but would love to some day

Or low Hp too! we did a 2:19 in the miata there last october, the spec miata track record is 2:18.9, our srt 4 did a best of 2:16.

As a friend of mine put it:"this track has all your favorite corners all wrapped up in one track"
But beware as fun as this track is & as much runoff that looks like it has it is a high speed track & all that runoff means you are really moving if you go of course....so dont go off course! My tip for the weekend, on the uphill esses set your speed before you go in & hold steady throttle. & when you go through that left hander on the top of the hill,think about under race conditions we are going flat through that corner!

Reaction score

Got a call fomr Bonkers....

Sad to say, my sister passed away yesterday in her NV home and my days are kinda on standy-by right now. One of the biggest surprises of my life. :(

You all have fun!

02ViperTodd

Enthusiast
Reaction score

PDMRACING,
Couldn't make the meeting tonight..saying bonvoyage to the wife and kids for a week..What's the story on a GA viper club event cruising in?..

Chad..Sorry me and you in a hotel room just isn't the same for the weekend...:)
Todd

pdmracing

Enthusiast
Reaction score

PDMRACING,
Couldn't make the meeting tonight..saying bonvoyage to the wife and kids for a week..What's the story on a GA viper club event cruising in?..

Chad..Sorry me and you in a hotel room just isn't the same for the weekend...:)
Todd

I race 24 weekends per year, I cant make thursday nites Period & If I could it wouldnt be to go to Pepp-BURP-ronis

Tomcat

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Todd, I will be heading to VIR for Viper Days from just down the road in Dacula. I plan on leaving Thursday am so I can set up and be ready for Friday test and tune. You are welcome to join me, or better yet, stop by this weekend. Give me a call 678-371-6427.

Tom

ps: I never invite Pete to these events since I hate getting lapped.

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score

Tony, I'm sorry to hear the news bud - you know to call if there's any whay I can help.

Rick - sent you an email.

I just got off the phone with Tammy - the Lodge and Garages are booked solid.

vipergts1960

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hey Brian

Rick and I are hoping to go down late morning on Friday. Are you planning to track your car? Have you found a place to stay?

John
Yellow GTS

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score

Still working on the room thing. Not overly worried though. I'm still waiting to hear when I need to check in so I'll be in touch once I know that.

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score

Per Leslie's advice I snatched a room at the Sleep Inn in Dansville. I also got a call from Skip aksing me to be there Friday night so as long as we're on the road in enough time to make it there and register I'm good.

Anyone know if Bugeaster or George Murray are going? I'd be surprised if they weren't.

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I am going with the wife (both cars) I am driving the GTS and she will be driving the RT/10. We are going out friday.

Nothern Delaware anyone want to caravan?

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score

You're welcome to travel with us Steve, the more the merrier.... and the more witnesses to bring to traffic court in your favor...

Bugeater

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I plan to go, but its tentative due to starting a new job/contract in DC with US Customs...

I am on the list for VIR Lodging as well. I want to bring my Mom, Sis and kids etc...and dont want the Danville commute.

If anyone has a confirmation at the lodge or trackside and cant make it PLEASE PM me before cancelling!!! I will take your reservation!

Vipera Russelli

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I'll be there! I've sign up for double run groups (life is short and I'm in a hurry, hehe). I'll be trying out VRL slicks for the first time. Should be fun. I'm in the hospitality/garage suites too! Can't wait to see all you guys and gals!

FlyBryViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Oh, you know I am in, and looking for speedracer this year. Everybody stay clear, he is all mine!
By the way, the Comfort Inn in Danville is not that bad of a commute. And you can park big rigs in the mall parking lot behind it.

thebigsnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I'm barely affording to drive downtown for our Jazz festival! After 2 days of it I took my girlfriend's Mustang to save gas.

Sorry, just venting.

02ViperTodd

Enthusiast
Reaction score

so as it is now..Danville is the only hotels? Let us know..which hotel so there can be a parking lot of Vipers. The wife and I are gonna go up Thursday and come back (to Atlanta) on monday..
Can't wait to meet you all..I'm not gonna track per Tomcats recmedations (tire issues)..Where's the late comer's hotel!!!
Thanks,
Todd