VOI Car Wash?

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know its a pain in the asp, but if you go across the bridge into Windsor, you won't have to worry about crime nearly as much....just carrying all those loonies and toonies to use at the car wash to annoy you. It should take no more than 30 minutes to get across either way from where we are located.

Regards,
Aaron

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I live about 40 minutes north of the hotels kind of close to Auburn Hills and Rochester where some of the tours will be. Anybody that wants to detail their car is more than welcome at my place. Don't know if it will be convenient but I'm just throwing it out there. Who knows could also end up on a boat ride for a bit......Feel free to PM me. I also being a long time resident of the area, would not recommend any car washes near the hotels. Not trying to scare anyone just common sense.

PM sent. :D

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, I got a little excited when I was told at check-in at the MGM that they had a carwash set up on the 8th level where we park. Unfortunately, the water source is tied into the sprinkler system and will set off alarms when the pressure drops.

WOT!

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got away with a quick wash this morning on the 8th floor. They took the hose back quickly. They were afraid of the water dripping on the cars on the 7th floor. The facuet still works last I knew. Works if you have a bucket I guess.

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The hose was out this afternoon. Kelly and I were able to get all the skidpad grime off of our cars. We barely made the last bus to Belle Isle.

BACKNBLACK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The hose was out this afternoon. Kelly and I were able to get all the skidpad grime off of our cars. We barely made the last bus to Belle Isle.

Yasou John...I'm in Greece bro.How's it going? Who won the car??

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yasou John...I'm in Greece bro.How's it going? Who won the car??

I didn't know the guy, but I thought he was from Colorado, but someone else posted Nevada. I heard he had three vipers, someone else said 7 vipers. You know how it goes, I don't know who to believe.

I hope you are having a good time in Greece. My pops will be there in another week or two. We need to catch up when you get back! It's been a while since we have caught up.

John

ylosnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Many thanks to the Motor City Hotel for finally providing us with a car wash! They supplied us with all the necessary supplies. Thanks again

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Many thanks to the Motor City Hotel for finally providing us with a car wash! They supplied us with all the necessary supplies. Thanks again

yes it was great. i got to wash my car after the skid pad in the rain. it looked like i went off roading. they even had two guys there to wash your car if you wanted to pay them $20.

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They came through for us with a hose at the MGM as well...was good to be able to wash the skidpad off the car before the group pictures and parade laps.

Brian GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, Kudos to Motor City!!! They fixed us up nicely with 2 washing stations, a hose, buckets, wash, mits, etc. Incidently, everyone that worked in that hotel were very friendly and courteous.

As a side note, we were also speaking with a couple of the security guards in the garage and they said the Viper owners were the nicest car enthusiast group they ever had. :2tu: They mentioned the "other" groups were snooty, chip on the shoulder, etc.

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, Kudos to Motor City!!! They fixed us up nicely with 2 washing stations, a hose, buckets, wash, mits, etc. Incidently, everyone that worked in that hotel were very friendly and courteous.

As a side note, we were also speaking with a couple of the security guards in the garage and they said the Viper owners were the nicest car enthusiast group they ever had. :2tu: They mentioned the "other" groups were snooty, chip on the shoulder, etc.

My car was hit in the garage at the MGM. We found a big green smear of paint-transfer on my front fascia on Monday morning. Fortunately with a micro-fiber and lots of detail spray, I was able to get it all off and there was no real damage to my paint.

Security left our cars unattended overnight. There was one morning I came out to find no security anywhere in sight and a mini-van driving around the deck. The transfer on my car was not a Viper color, so it had to come from someone else driving around the parking area that shouldn't have been.

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score
on the way home a tire off a truck blew up and it hit my bumper. i have a nice star crack type mark ontop of my fog lite. thats not coming off. i have to pain the bumper :(

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I managed to get a nice rock chip, it actually indented the fascia, on the way up. Luckily my car wasn't hit when Kelly's was (I was parked near him).

Kelly, I talked to one of the security managers regarding the lack of security, he assured me it was only momentary. They were however going to review film footage and handle accordingly.

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I managed to get a nice rock chip, it actually indented the fascia, on the way up. Luckily my car wasn't hit when Kelly's was (I was parked near him).

Kelly, I talked to one of the security managers regarding the lack of security, he assured me it was only momentary. They were however going to review film footage and handle accordingly.

Was that talk while we were there, or after the fact? I'm not sweating it too much since the paint came off, but it sure was a close call to having to repaint my front fascia.

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score

you were in detroit? did you drive up with kelly and his crew? i didnt see you

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was that talk while we were there, or after the fact? I'm not sweating it too much since the paint came off, but it sure was a close call to having to repaint my front fascia.

It was while we were there, prior to the green mark on your fascia. I beleive I called you on your cell phone while I was walking with the security manager.

I know that when I left late on Monday, they still had two guards there and only three cars. They said they were to stay on duty until all the cars were gone. I suspect there may have been issue at night/early morning with guards wandering off.

I suggest you call the MGM and let them know what happened to your car. Unless it happened at the track in the corral, which is possible? I never checked your car prior to getting in. Could have been someone walking by the car, stroller, etc.

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you were in detroit? did you drive up with kelly and his crew? i didnt see you

I was there, just running behind everyone on the way up. Wife followed me in van w/ kids. I had to do some daddy duty on the way up.

I am pretty sure I saw your car in Greektown Tuesday night around 11:00 pm. I couldn't find your number and wasn't about to go in/out of every Greek joint on the strip to find you. I figured I would see you around. I didn't see anyone from NY, so I imagine you were in the "B" group.

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was while we were there, prior to the green mark on your fascia. I beleive I called you on your cell phone while I was walking with the security manager.

I know that when I left late on Monday, they still had two guards there and only three cars. They said they were to stay on duty until all the cars were gone. I suspect there may have been issue at night/early morning with guards wandering off.

I suggest you call the MGM and let them know what happened to your car. Unless it happened at the track in the corral, which is possible? I never checked your car prior to getting in. Could have been someone walking by the car, stroller, etc.

I don't think it happened in the corral, but I suppose it could have. It was too big of a scuff to be transfer from anything other than a car (think softball size, and pretty thick...I could actually scrape it off with a fingernail).

Anywho, it came off with no underlying damage, so no harm no foul.

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think it happened in the corral, but I suppose it could have. It was too big of a scuff to be transfer from anything other than a car (think softball size, and pretty thick...I could actually scrape it off with a fingernail).

Anywho, it came off with no underlying damage, so no harm no foul.

What color where the golf carts they were driving around all over the place? Weren't they green and tan?

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What color where the golf carts they were driving around all over the place? Weren't they green and tan?

They very well could have been! I wonder if anyone has pictures of the carts around the corral? It was not a very car-like color, and in fact it looked exactly like a color that would be on a golf-cart.

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was there, just running behind everyone on the way up. Wife followed me in van w/ kids. I had to do some daddy duty on the way up.

I am pretty sure I saw your car in Greektown Tuesday night around 11:00 pm. I couldn't find your number and wasn't about to go in/out of every Greek joint on the strip to find you. I figured I would see you around. I didn't see anyone from NY, so I imagine you were in the "B" group.

yea i was at greek town with Aaron from the Jersey Club..well he lives n MI now

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper