VOI9 Track requirements

rcdice

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For us street guys... what kind of safety requirements do we need to be aware of ahead of time. Helmet I'm sure. What else? Anything for this event?

Thanks,

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Helmet is pretty much it for the road course. If you have your own, bring it... Skip Barber usually supplies an assortment of helmets, but the fit can range from great to aweful ;) No other requirements unless you plan to race at Viper Days following VOI at Reno-Fernley - Reno, NV - September 30 & October 1, you can see their safety regs and other info at: www.viperdays.com

For the Drag Strip, bring your own helmet as well, the last VOI that had drag racing was St. Loius, no helmets supplied there. Not sure if the strip will be enforcing drag racing regs, but since it is an NHRA track, I'd tend to say "yes". If so car and driver safety equipment would be based on ET......

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
For us street guys... what kind of safety requirements do we need to be aware of ahead of time. Helmet I'm sure. What else? Anything for this event?
Thanks,

At all past VOIs, drag and track events required ZERO safety equipment beyond stock, except for a helmet was required. And Skippies have loaner helmets (YUCKY-SWEATY) for the truly tight or just curious. Loaner helmet users, I recommend you buy a balaclava (Helmet Sock) beforehand for $1-$5 available at ANY carting venue.

If you plan to BUY a helmet:

1) Buy the lightest weight helmet you can afford. (Full Face = Disabled Airbags)
2) Buy a Snell SA rated (not M-rated) helmet.

Catwood

Viper Owner
Reaction score
[quote
2) Buy a Snell SA rated (not M-rated) helmet.

[/QUOTE]

Buy an SA2005 rated. That will stay rated for a little longer.