waking the snake

kaval

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Car's been in hibernation with battery disconnected for 3 months.

Nice day out today... thought I'd wake her up. Anything special I need to do

or can I just put the pedal to the floor...

steve911

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With any and all of the vehicles that I have, that get stored for the winter, I always start them up and let them idle until the radiator fan cycles at least once. When I drive them I always drive easily for about 3-5 miles to get things in the diff and trans, suspension and wheels "limbered up" before I drive hard.

It may not be necessary, but it can't hurt. Besides, it gives me a little piece of mind.

BACKNBLACK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I always crank it up and let the car idle a few minutes.Then take it easy with her for about a day. check the oil after the first day

FLOORIN04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Daniel:

why did you disconnect the battery ??

when you can put it to sleep via the manual????

just curious

check all fluids and tire pressures then
i allow mine to warm up to full temp and baby it for the first 25 miles then drive normal

OP
OP
K

kaval

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I thought I would be storing it for over 3 months... anyway just got back

It's great to have it back. I missed the rush and all the thumbs up. :2tu:

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
If indeed the car lost it's memory, there is a "sleep mode" wake-up that is necessary:

So, If the fob doesn't work.....

Open the door manually via the hidden key latch

Insert key in steering column

...and you're ready to hit the START button

Fastrrr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kavel,

I took my snake out today for a little action around Naperville. It was the first time in several months I sat it the car. I'm rehooked! I CANT WAIT FOR SPRING!!!!

vviperr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Have fun - living in Florida Ihave driven my snake almost every week through the winter. I can only imagine the rush if you have not driven for 3 months.

OP
OP
K

kaval

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Fastrrr a great time was had by all... me and the onlookers..

Now I need to find some place to detail this thing.

venom03

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am experiencing similar problems with my 03. Car has been sitting for a few months because I had bypass surgery (Viper wasn't exactly my priority). I finally got to getting it out and now it won't start and I can't get the door open to push it out of the storage facility to flatbed it to the dealer. I called Roadside Assistance and they sent someone to start it. No go. Nothing! He couldn't get it out to tow. Called the local Dodge dealer and personally talked to the "Viper" mechanic who offered little help.

You speak of the "hidden" door lock. Where is this and how do you activate? My owner's manual is inside the car. Mechanic said that I had to drag it out of the space and bring to the dealership... no dragging will occur trust me. Any help will be appreciated since Dodge doesn't seem to be doing much to help. Thanks much.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is on the door just under the mirror. You need to look up toward the bottom of the mirror to see it (note it is on the door not the mirror).

Some Viper mechanic if he does not know that much.

Why not just charge the battery, reset the alarm if needed and drive it out?

German Viperdriver

Viper Owner
Reaction score
hi there, here my story (excuse my bad English, I'm German but S.Fla. VCA Member since 6th April !!):
I would sell my SRT last year, but nobody bought it...
It is in Germany a very expensive car! The D.C. price is 105,000 € (about 82,000 bucks). But here in Berlin we have a lot of unemployed workers, in average 20 %. And the income is lowering because the east european comes and try to work under limit...
So I have got back the snake! The dealer said:...don't shut up the engine because the battery is empty... :crazy:
As he was gone I turned off and opened the fold-roof (??!)(or persenning ?) I don't know the correct word...
Then I would start the engine again.... the only thing was a klack,klack,klack,klack noise from the starter-pinion. :confused:
A neighbour gave starthelp for me, but nothing as the same noise! I called back the dealer but he said he have made only the thame thing with a Jeep.
Just now I charge the battery and will hope that I tomorrow can hear the sound of snake!! :)

German Viperdriver

Viper Owner
Reaction score
hello,
I must make right my German Viper price from the threat above! I had wrong calculated! It must be 134,400 bucks !! :(

And the resultat for my battery is: after charging the currency is only about 10.5 Volt!! I think one cell is broken... I will try to get a new one from D.C. !? :confused:

greetings

German Viperdriver

Viper Owner
Reaction score
hi folks,

today it was the wakeup for my snake too!! :laugh:
I have got a new battery from D.C. for warranty!! :2tu:
But just now I have a new prob... If I push acceleration it is a very hard noise beat under the car?! On monday I make the first inspection and hope they can solve that!! :confused:

greetings

German Viperdriver

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It's great! No discussion... they gave me a new battery for warranty! :2tu:
So I have driven 1st time this year! It was amazing again! O.K., an other problem comes with strong noise: by switch in 2nd gear from 1st it gave a hard beat under the car! I think any thing is wrong with the diff...
On monday I present it D.C.!

German Viperdriver :headbang:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4