Want more power than a 2003..........................

OP
OP
T

Tom Welch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello Marv,

Man, you pulled that post out of the dark ages.LOL.

01gts,

Thanks for the comments and believe me, we are searching for more power every day. There have been a few companies that offer more power from a similar combination of parts but at a much higher price. One aspect of our packages is that they are daily driveable with no ill effects from higher compression and the need to use higher octane gas or octane boosters to retard detonation. No poor idle qualities and stalling tendancies from our cam grinds either.

A typical Gen II viper will gain over 100 rear wheel horsepower over stock with the above items which is approx 510-520 rwhp. Our cam grinds are not natrually aspirated specific, they are designed to work well N/A but they really perform at their best with nitrous added.

At the customers request we offer increased compression, higher ratio rocker arms and other features that will net another 30 or so N/A horsepower, but our standard packages are about "total horsepower" which is a combination of engine mods and nitrous oxide injection that make very good power(700+ rwhp)with excellent driveability, and really shine when the nitrous is engaged. Nitrous is not for everyone, but it is my preferred power adder. There are many choices for Viper upgrades, I feel that the above package with nitrous added is our niche.

We are hoping to be bringing a few cars to VOI with NEW items that we will be offering which should once again set the bar on pricing and performance. I'm not going to discuss these items until they are thoroughly dyno and track tested over the next month.

Tom

Anthony - 98 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Peanut,

No problem - I agree a head/cam only package should be similar in cost from vendor to vendor. A good vendor should be able to vary the cam specs. to the customers ultimate goal (max power, driveability, etc.).

My car is close to being finished and is currently being painted in Slidell, LA. I expect to be making 550+ rwhp on motor and a lot more on the bottle. Are you going to be at the Vette/Viper Shootout in October??

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know Tom but heres my .02 cents: there are several folks on here that don't have a clue and placed with the task of doing more than changing filters would have a stroke. My personal opinion if you don't have the ability to make such a simple mod such as installing your headers and exhaust yourself then do all the $$$$ and window shopping, make your choice, spend your $$$$ with whomever you choose and shut up. If you don't like a price or product don't buy it...simple concept huh.

When I saw Tom's first post on this thread I thought: The previous owner of my car paid 10k for the venom 500 (510hp)....whats that, maybe 450 at the wheels. I looked at Tom's price and hp and the guarantee that back it up and said: not to bad of a deal.

He wasn't saying this was the biggest, baddest package out....

To quote Tom: "One aspect of our packages is that they are daily driveable with no ill effects from higher compression and the need to use higher octane gas or octane boosters to retard detonation. No poor idle qualities and stalling tendancies from our cam grinds either"
It's obvious that several folks resume in performance is limited to reading tuners web sites.

This is different than the starting post but: Lay nitrous on this package and it will be able to run with ANY Viper out there... There seems to be a 3 to 4 tenths window in the low 10's, What is it worth to run a 9.99 instead of a 10.20 ??? everyone has to answer that question for themselves.

I was also wondering why we don't see the DLM stage 2/3 cars in the nines, lack of trying I think, they have the power and I've got the purners and et streets only two hours from Nashville...any takers for Bowling Green..hello Gerald where are you
smile.gif
YOU can be the MAN!!!

My resume: NOS dealer since 1993, Procharger/ATI dealer since 1996. Currently have a 3100 lb nitrous car, 10.5" tire, street legal that goes 7.70's, also a 3800 lb, air conditioned Pro Charged f-body that will run high nines on 12.5 et streets, and one slow a$$ HMS Viper. These are the current cars out of a long list of fast street and race cars.

And the flame suit is on, sorry if I offended anybody (not really)

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think shortly we'll see some DLM cars at the track..I think some serious draggers are getting some packages..

As for me, sorry

.. I ...
don't.....
care......
for.....drag.....
racing.....
never did...

Don't even like watching ANY kind of racing... just bores me..

Just not my gig. Love to race on the street though..
smile.gif

one day I'll get to the track.. Probably will run low 12's, get pissed, and leave
confused.gif

Gerald

fast?

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW a lot of flames towards Tom. I am going to compliment Tom. After doing all the bolt ons i was very disappointed for all the money I spent with little gain. After installing btr propane nitrous theres always a grin on my face when i punch it now
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
.Tom is guaranteeing what he sells,so if you don't believe his products will do what he says, buy it try it and then comment! you have nothing to lose because of his MONEY BACK GUARANTEE!!!
WISH I WOULD HAVE BOUGHT HIS EXHAUST. OH WELL TOO LATE NOW
Tom so your head and cam package is very streetable for everyday type driving and durability?